What would you like to see in a Dungeon Siege IV?

What I meant is that DS3 isn't a game in the same subgenre as Diablo or Titan Quest or what have you. The game is a console action RPG, like Champions of Norrath or the Dark Alliance games.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

What I meant is that DS3 isn't a game in the same subgenre as Diablo or Titan Quest or what have you. The game is a console action RPG, like Champions of Norrath or the Dark Alliance games.

Except those games are what Diablo would be like with a controller, and if you put them on a PC the only sane control scheme would be Diablo's. How exactly is DS3 fundamentally different from any number of other Diablo clones?

Do you honestly Diablo on consoles would play as a point and click game? Really?

Except those games are what Diablo would be like with a controller, and if you put them on a PC the only sane control scheme would be Diablo's. How exactly is DS3 fundamentally different from any number of other Diablo clones?

Do you honestly Diablo on consoles would play as a point and click game? Really?

Yeah, no.

Heja Sverige!!

Yeah, no.

So what do you think D3 is going to control like on the PS3/4?

Not like a "console action RPG?"

keep combat system as it is in ds3

the rescpecialization also fixed some stuff like not being able to buy certain armors or enchant to a certain lvl (lucas and reinhart gold talent reset at desert)

i would also like to see a NEWGAME+

u can start newgame with all abilitys and armor (ofcourse need more enemy spawn not just making enemys harder)

item stats are going in the right direction but still missing something

unlockable characters perhaps ...or just DLC anywayz could be a nice way to keep people buzzy

i played and finished ds3 with all characters more then once but thats just trying different partys (and with other players)

everything is good ingame! maybe some adding or changing abilitys
talent list is also heading in right direction but ow it needs allot more...feels kinda restricted
proficiencys same there (some are just unbalanced/wurthless)

and if u add newgame + then leave mastery as it is ifno newgame+ mastery should be gained faster!
(since mastery only filled early if u focussed on draining as much focus & power as possible....takes away enjoying the game itself)

also liking the special attacks and then weapon switch so keep that!

and for F*** sake please keep it 2plyr or more!

i never play online but i can understand people do like that (just dont let online play go at cost of offline play like most games)

armor and weapons & jewelry enchanting seemed like work in progress...
to unbalanced ...to expensive....essence to rare...and essence added to less if looking at prices on higher level stuff....tobad it was just chaos stats

so actually i would like to see a dungeon siege 4 be>>>>
a little more of everything ds3 + TOTS had to offer and ofcourse more balanced....like those ladys where waaaay to overpowered

• 2 weeks later...

Love the music from Dungeon Seige 3 very nice moving piece of music at game options pane " Rebirth " I really like this piece of music. Loved the rain and weather effects from Dungeon Seige 2 although by todays standards somewhat dated like to see weather effects updated included in Dungeon Seige 4 and more tracks like Rebirth , many thanks to Jason Graves.

• 2 weeks later...

Just started playing Dungeon Siege III recently... I think I'm about 2/3 of the way through the main story. So far I like it (I remember getting bored silly in the original game, so big improvement there) and wouldn't change much save for some tweaks:

- It is really hard in-game to get a sense of what the stats do and how they help you/don't help you. I think the stats could be simpler and I wish there was some way we could get some improved feedback during combat to see how stats are helping (or lack of stats are not helping). For example, I often can't tell if it would be better to boost armor, boost blocking, or boost stamina. It's hard to see sometimes how a given piece of equipment is really useful versus another one, except when all around the stat bonuses granted are higher.

- I know Dungeon Siege is at heart a hack-n-slash monty haul game, but I feel like there's too much junk. You can only wear so much gear, and when new equipment constantly drops--but it all more or less is the same quality (maybe with different benefits or tradeoffs--it stops being cool to find new stuff (and often unless a piece of equipment is obviously better, I end up equipping what I think looks coolest on the character model because I'm like that). I'd really be happy to trade off less item drops for more rare/unique stuff. And/or I'd love to see some option for customization, so if you've got that one shirt or weapon you really love, you can enhance it rather than feel forced to give it up later for something else.

- ETA: While I'm at it, I'd like to see the character stats and the inventory screen at the SAME TIME so I can see directly how the character's stats total up when wearing different equipment.

- I'd like to see all party members in cutscenes, even if they're not an active party member. I mean, given you can swap them out at any moment, presumably the other two are following behind clearing up stragglers or something. So they should be present in actual dialogue scenes--which means you can get fuller, more interesting dialogue, maybe even see the characters bicker a little, give a much better feeling like you're all a team. If the influence system is kept (which I have mixed feelings about) it also gives you a chance to earn a little more influence, without being "broken"--after all, often with multiple answers, each will please one person, so you can't boost all their influence at the same time even if you have them with you.

Edited by DeathQuaker

Just started playing Dungeon Siege III recently... I think I'm about 2/3 of the way through the main story. So far I like it (I remember getting bored silly in the original game, so big improvement there) and wouldn't change much save for some tweaks:

- It is really hard in-game to get a sense of what the stats do and how they help you/don't help you. I think the stats could be simpler and I wish there was some way we could get some improved feedback during combat to see how stats are helping (or lack of stats are not helping). For example, I often can't tell if it would be better to boost armor, boost blocking, or boost stamina. It's hard to see sometimes how a given piece of equipment is really useful versus another one, except when all around the stat bonuses granted are higher.

Regarding the stats and picking of equipment, there's a menu in game that tells you what each stat does. Also, on the subject of picking gear, You should really be thinking about what build you are going for from the outset. It really depends on how you play: whether you usually block or dodge, if you depend more on the special or the normal attacks, if you want to maximize criticals, and so on.

Heja Sverige!!

Regarding the stats and picking of equipment, there's a menu in game that tells you what each stat does. Also, on the subject of picking gear, You should really be thinking about what build you are going for from the outset. It really depends on how you play: whether you usually block or dodge, if you depend more on the special or the normal attacks, if you want to maximize criticals, and so on.

These things you say are true.

However, I found it difficult to see in-play, you know, actually playing the game, to see how the different statistics were helping or hindering me. For one single example, I have trouble telling if I was taking a lot of damage whether I should boost armor or stamina (or take the damage but take retribution, and was retribution actually helping me if I did have it?). The in-game encyclopedia may explain what these things are and what the differences are, but in practical experience it was hard to make the call of, "Gee, that ability didn't go off like I hoped it would, maybe I should boost my X." It was also hard to tell what damage types hurt what creatures more. I assumed the archons didn't take much fire damage, but it was hard to tell whether they reacted to poison, cold, or electricity, or if was better to pick a weapon that just had a high attack and boost sheer DPS. In short, the in game feedback wasn't very informative.

Also, having to go in several pages through a tutorial encyclopedia doesn't help when you just want to equip your new gear and get on with it. Hence wanting better info on your stats in the inventory window (so you could see total stats, etc. on the same page as where you are equipping your gear. For example, I don't want to just see how much an item will improve my Will, I want to see my Will total to know whether I should prioritize boosting it more, or whether I can sacrifice an item that boosts Will (because my WIll stat is already way high) to boost something else I have a deficiency in.

Edited by DeathQuaker

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello! I just googled Dungeon SIege 4 and this was one of the hits that came up. It may seem like a moaning post but here it goes anyway. You ruined Dungeon Siege (and you know it) go back to the Dungeon Siege 2 style. Please I beg you if you are making another Dungeon SIege make it like it was originally. Using a weapon gets your combat up using a bow gets your ranged up and so forth. At the end of the day I wasted £40 on a game that was so linear my cat could probably play it even though they don't have opposable thumbs. I have been playing games for 10+ years now and I have never posted on any forum, but I feel so strongly about this that I feel compelled to post. I bought Diablo 3 on release and many people complained about it having too much of a loot variation and that the auction house had made the game practically a gold farm (they have now rectified this with loot improvements) BUT the game was essentially Diablo 1 and 2 but better. Yes you need to make it more accessible for console players and the mouse clicking to move characters was a hindrance if you didn't actually have a mouse. But I'm sorry, we PC players were here first. There are PLENTY more console games and that you can make revenue on. If not make a new one! Queue the abuse or post deletion. Perhaps surprise me and support me in this.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Dungeon Siege 1: Perfect gameplay, but it had too much gameplay to story ratio (aka not enough story)

Dungeon Siege 2: Perfect everything... couldn't ask for better. I played it in French and then in English it was that good.

Dungeon Siege 3: A complete disappointment in every way possible. An insult to the DS series... I threw the game in the garbage in was that bad.

Dungeon Siege 4: Needs to go back to the DS 1 and 2 style and just update the graphics. It's the only way I'll buy it now that I've seen how bad DS3 was.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

My girl and I have dungeon siege 3, I was so freaking pissed off when I found out she got the fury fire like character that hovers. (forgot the name) I am very disappointed in the game, ill tell you why. 1. you cant go to far from partner. 2. the other characters apart from the hovering character I mentioned are either really old looking of have very lame moves. again im so pissed at this game. I believe I played a game called vindictus online and if dungeon siege and that game combine imaginative thinking along with the same ole gauntlet game play itll turn out awesome, but again PISSED!!!... every time I think of this game im like oh yeah but then when I play awhile I find aggitation occurring as so... hopefully the characters become better and not controlling my grandpa with wiccan based powers. hopefully on xbox we can see character selection updates or even added classes or age defying intervention in characters where I actually get a decision between gramps or below age 35. I write this cause I was meaning to awhile back. Plz have a better idea on character development. plz do I about broke this game I got so agitated but its my girls so im not. but ill not play this game ever again unless theres some kind of update to get a fire type male version as well or even gender selection on all characters, then I may just invest in the game and keep playing for years to come.

post-54420-0-21365600-1377827560_thumb.jpg

hopefully the characters become better and not controlling my grandpa with wiccan based powers

Apart from this being wrong (Richard isn't (much) older than the rest of the cast) I'm going to be kind of a **** here.

Comments like this make the pre-defined (or at least Richard) charachters in DSIII worth it alone. If gaming featured more protagonists that were older or in some other way out of the norm it would be a much more varied place.

Reminds me of the people that complained about Capaldi being too old to play the doctor.

So, good riddance to you Aspyk.

Edited by C2B

I would hope that DS IV would go back to the DS II gameplay.  I was hooked with DS I and DS II was even better.  I loved the ability to customize your character (gender, name, look) and the ability to add npc's to your team or to kick them out.  When DS III was available, I bought it immediately.  From other comments on this forum, I wasn't the only one deeply disappointed in the changes made.  No customization!  And being stuck with only four characters to choose from!  I almost didn't even want to play it.  The game does have great graphics and a decent story, BUT it so lacked the feel of the first two games.  Where was the start from a nobody and progress to a hero storyline?  I was never hooked on a video game until Dungeon Siege and I would really love to see a DS IV.  I'm hoping you got enough feedback to realize you should go back to the initial feel of the game.  Give me a new story twist and new villian, but leave me the customization that is so important when playing an rpg.  I've played rpg's with pre-generated characters, but you just don't get into the story as much as when you sit down and create your own character.  Please don't overwork the game just to prove that you can.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think DS3 was revolutionary and too many people were too daft to notice it.

What's on the top of everyone's list right now?  Diablo 3 on consoles.

The original Diablo was was-driven, and had no camera control at all.  You just click, click, click and It was amazing, yes?

Dungeon Siege combat used to be mouse-driven, but had a bit more tactics to it.

Dungeon Siege 3 comes out HOW LONG AGO? - and what is it?

It's exactly like Diablo 3 on the consoles, but you have camera control, you get to interact with the story, role-play, and choose your dialog.

Everyone's $#!tting their pants over Diablo 3 right now... so WHAT was wrong with DS3, exactly?

Nothing, other than it isn't exactly like 1 or 2.    

I hope Obsidian does make a DS4, and I honestly hope they don't take the advice of all the haters on here.

I own all three Dungeon Siege games, and you know what?  The only one I could bring myself to finish was #3.

We've all got opinions, and you know people say about opinions.

People just don't make sense to me.  How could people hate DS3 so much that you hope Obsidian never gets the rights to make another, then turn around and buy Diablo 3 for their 360 or PS3?  I cannot be convinced there are not overlapping people here.

Edited by bradleypariah
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The difference is that D3 came out on PC first and was then ported to consoles where as DS3 was a cheap console port with a PC control scheme that appeared to have been designed by a drunken monkey.

Also it helps that D3 is a better game.

Did you noticed that every person who likes Dungeon Siege 3 dislike previous Dungeon Siege games? And, by the opposite way, every person who dislikes Dungeon Siege 3 is a traditional player of the Dungeon Siege Saga?

I suggest the simplest thing over the world: Names abound! You can call a game whatever you want but if you call it with the name of a previous saga, adding a consecutive number, you need to maintain the basic style. If you pretend another thing, simply, use another name. Is so complicated?

Obsidian or whatever continue this saga, we want the unique gameplay that Dungeon Siege 1 & 2 offered. Dungeon Siege 3 is a generic console game, is one of many others, people who enjoyed DS3 may enjoy hundred of similar games, but people who enjoyed DS1&2 have nothing similar to replace that kind of unique gameplay, there are no other isometric Action-RPG games with deep group management, DS1&2 are truly unique and irreplaceable.

Thanks for ask.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

This thread would be better off at a Square Enix website as they are the IP owners (I think still).

I... don't think Square Enix is one of the companies that would care what its customers have to say. Not to mention non-Japanese customers >.>