The funny things thread part 3

Tale

Qantas frequent flyer points

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Gotta agree, though I wouldn't say rocket jumping was the pinnacle of FPS games.

:(:lol: "Hint: Move along the corridor"

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

:p

These incisions points towards something large... like an axe :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The things people say when the microphones are still on...

Ten revealing open mic admissions

Sarkozy and Obama about Netanyahu:

S: "I can't stand him any more. He's a liar,"

O: "You may be sick of him, but me, I have to deal with him every day."

Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy o:)

Reagan about Russians:

R: "My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes."

Really creates an atmosphere of trust and cooperation :(

Prince Charles about a BBC correspondent:

"These bloody people, I can't bear that man. I mean, he's so awful, he really is."

Great working relationship :sweat:

George W. Bush about a New York Times correspondent:

"major league ****"

At a time when you are a presidential candidate :thumbsup:

Jacques Chirac about British food:

"In 2005, the French president was caught complaining to German and Russian officials that he found British food unpalatable - second only, he said, to the dreaded cuisine served by the Finns."

Jesse Jackson about Barack Obama:

Jesse Jackson was caught on microphone saying he was frustrated what he perceived to be Barack Obama's patronising attitude towards African Americans. He was so frustrated, in fact, that he wanted to "cut his nuts off".

Ouch :ermm:

Maybe microphones accidentally left on is the greatest contribution to "a free press" these days?!?

People in the public eye don't always say what they want to?!!!!

:thumbsup:

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

"In 2005, the French president was caught complaining to German and Russian officials that he found British food unpalatable - second only, he said, to the dreaded cuisine served by the Finns."

He wasn't that far from the truth, certainly on the second count. :lol:

Though we have some pretty nice soups. Must be the hostile climate.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

It is funny. But I do wonder whether we are judging our politicians on too simplistic lines. Simply because we ourselves are too thick to understand the correct complex ones.

-Elwood Blues

He is doing the usual song and dance about deregulation and small government. I don't think there is a nuanced layer hidden anywhere here.

Sorry. What I mean is he _may_ be right. But that argument is too complex for the news. So we just get the banana skin and swanee whistle edition.

-Elwood Blues

This is funny to me because that's actually how I would rank the worst food I've eaten. In Finland they can't even make a hamburger taste good, and in England everything was so dripping with fat it was almost inedible.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Please tell me that the famous "Bangers and Mash" of english cuisine is not sausages on top of mashed potatoes.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

This is funny to me because that's actually how I would rank the worst food I've eaten. In Finland they can't even make a hamburger taste good, and in England everything was so dripping with fat it was almost inedible.

You went to Hesburger, didn't you?

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I would go even as far as saying that scandinavian cuisine in general stinks. Let me make it clear to you: While being in Scotland this summer, i enjoyed the local food so much that i not only tried the infamous haggis, i actually liked it so much that i ordered it twice. If Scottish cuisine is delicious compared to your p

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy