Not as good as other Obsidian games.

I like all Obsidian games. KotOR 2 was awesome but unfinished, Neverwinter Nights 2 was buggy but got fixed, Mask of the Betrayer expansion was superb, Alpha Protocol was good, New Vegas was good but buggy.

Dungeon Siege 3 is not buggy, it is polished, it looks pretty but it's not ambitious.

That is the game's problem. Alpha Protocol, although it fell flat in some areas was a very ambitious game. KotOR 2, even in it's unfinished state was better than it's awesome predecessor, NWN2 (especially MotB)was better etc...

I would much rather had a deeper more buggy game than a highly polished shallow one.

One more thing, where is Chris Avellone? I didn't see his name in the credits. I guess that would explain why the game lacks the usual Obsidian "flavor" and ambition. This game needed more Chris Avellone.

What do others think of DS3? How do you compare it to other Obsidian games?

It compares well. Its also ambitious for a hack n' slash/ARPG. I do not agree at all. And it has the best "grey" antagonist of any Obsidian game.

Also Chris Avellone doesn't make the game alone nor was he for example involved all that much in MOTB or NV.

Edited by C2B

Not as good as FNV, MotB and KotOR2, equal to NWN2: OC and Alpha Protocol, better than SoZ.

If we go by lists mine would be

>NWN2OC,SOZ

=AP,F:NV

<KOTOR2,MOTB

Not as good as FNV, MotB and KotOR2, equal to NWN2: OC and Alpha Protocol, better than SoZ.

If we go by lists mine would be

>NWN2OC,SOZ

=AP,F:NV

<KOTOR2,MOTB

Eh... My brother got me AP for my birthday, and I can't seem to get past the bugs/gameplay in it without just turning the xbox off... Is the story in that game really good enough that it would be worth slogging through it's flaws (at least things that I don't like)? I really did enjoy FO: NV, so if this game had at least that good of a story, I might be able to give it another go...

Eh... My brother got me AP for my birthday, and I can't seem to get past the bugs/gameplay in it without just turning the xbox off... Is the story in that game really good enough that it would be worth slogging through it's flaws (at least things that I don't like)? I really did enjoy FO: NV, so if this game had at least that good of a story, I might be able to give it another go...

Gameplay gets smoother/better after few levels when it doesn't take forever for your char to aim. Story picks up after Saudi-Arabia. Don't think there are that many bugs in the game though...

Hate the living, love the dead.

Hard to compare the games since they all play out quite differently.

I know you're not involved in that argument, but thanks :ermm: .

Anyway, keep in mind that DS3 was created by a relatively rpg young team. There aren't many BIS veterans on this project, if any.

But they did good, didn't they :) ?

I suppose I don't mind the lack of ambition in story/reactivity because it has the best combat of all Obsidian games, and... well, it's their third game to be released in one year. I think I can forgive a lack of ambition. Let's now hope that the game will sell and Square Enix will green-light DLC or an expansion.

Yeah AP's reactivity is on another level compared to other modern game.

Anyway, keep in mind that DS3 was created by a relatively rpg young team. There aren't many BIS veterans on this project, if any.

Actually there are several BIS Veterans on the Art Team. Including some who have worked on Dark Alliance 2.