25 min so done untill the controls are fixed

So sad I pre-ordered this. The controls are so unbelievably bad. For the love of god let me move prince of Persia style with wasd and aim with the mouse.... Or play Diablo and copy those controls....

There are so many action RPGs to steal from I am just in awe that Obsidian actually managed to make the controls worse then they are in games that are almost 10 years old.

I really shouldn't rage. I realize people put a ton of hard work into this game, but come on. Don't innovate unless you know what your doing. You made a generic action RPG, just copy a game with good controls.

Go toward either Robotron or Diablo either is fine. (robotron is better)

So sad I pre-ordered this. The controls are so unbelievably bad. For the love of god let me move prince of Persia style with wasd and aim with the mouse.... Or play Diablo and copy those controls....

There are so many action RPGs to steal from I am just in awe that Obsidian actually managed to make the controls worse then they are in games that are almost 10 years old.

I really shouldn't rage. I realize people put a ton of hard work into this game, but come on. Don't innovate unless you know what your doing. You made a generic action RPG, just copy a game with good controls.

Go toward either Robotron or Diablo either is fine. (robotron is better)

There is nothing wrong with the controls(mouse and keyboard).

I thought the same thing as you.

Learn to play and you will see how precise and efficient controls are.

Yeah, I'm having trouble with Vera on Hardcore largely because of the controls. Everything up to that was going fine...not much harder than Normal/demo (if you take the fact you don't start at lvl 5 into consideration).

But situation w/Vera (no spoilers) is tough because I can't block, dodge, run and use skills in rapid progression. Needing to press 1, for instance, takes my fingers entirely off the WASD keys as I have to move/angle the wrist 45 degrees to reach it with my pinky or ring finger and I totally lose focus & momentum. I have trouble even hitting SHIFT, honestly, cause of my hand size & minor arthritis. I've had to resort to grinding to level up a bit first...lvl 3 wasn't cutting it w/(my) control handicap. ;)

And I still have big issues with getting stuck in the attack animation and she ends up flailing at air even tho I'm trying to attack something behind me, taking extra damage all the while. Even when I try to click the mouse a lot slower to prevent the sequence of the 3 attack animations, they still trigger.

Think I'm ready this time tho. I want Lucas, darnit. Teehee.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yeah, I'm having trouble with Vera on Hardcore largely because of the controls.

Complete nonsense. You are having trouble because you don't know how to properly play.

I played hardcore with Lucas again and still haven't died once, beat Vera, Big Spider(although this was an epic fight, it took me an exhausting 20 minutes), Gunderic, Drakomir, Rajani..

And why are you people talking about WASD in combat, you are not suppose to use WASD in combat FFS, only mouse(right and left click), SPACE, and numbers for abilities.

The only thing I would agree is that ALT would be much better than SHIFT for empowered abilities.

Edited by metamag

Sorry if some of us are apparently not as uber awesome as you are at playing the game, but that's no reason to insult people for their lack of manual dexterity. ;)

Edit: I tend to use the W key for moving forward simply because holding the R-button down "forever" while twisting & turning it hurts my wrist. I'm kinda old and my joints aren't what they used to be, y'know. :)

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

While counter-intuitive at first for a pc player (who are used to right hand ovement, left hand action), I find that the controls are actually not bad at all. The mouse enables much more precise movements and since the camera is locked to only 1 plane of movement putting it on the mouse would be waste of an axis. Furthermore I think it's may actually be a balancing thing, since with the mouse controlling direction, the player is unable to dodge and shoot at the same time, thus rolling arround is less overpowered as it would have been otherwise.

Actually the only issue I have with controls is that there's too many keys in use all over the keyboard: e,q, enter, backspace, shift, 1,2,3, space,... Some of these could be eliminated or, as reason why I'm waiting for the patch - remapped.

In short - it takes a few minutes to get used to, but it's not that bad as people portray it to be.

Actually the only issue I have with controls is that there's too many keys in use all over the keyboard: e,q, enter, backspace, shift, 1,2,3, space,... Some of these could be eliminated or, as reason why I'm waiting for the patch - remapped.

In short - it takes a few minutes to get used to, but it's not that bad as people portray it to be.

Yeah, it's only the boss fights I think I'll have trouble with. Even hitting Q to change stances is hard for my hands nowadays. And once I can remap it so most functions can be hit with my index finger/thumb instead of having to move to the left side of the keyboard I'll be fine. ;)

I typically remap all games that way...V,B,N,G,H,Y and so on get a lot of use in my gameplaying. :)

Edit: I tend to use the W key for moving forward simply because holding the R-button down "forever" while twisting & turning it hurts my wrist. I'm kinda old and my joints aren't what they used to be, y'know. :shifty:
Umm.. what are you using the bread crumb button for during a boss fight?

...Oh, teleportation. That cave's not that big you know. :p

...Oh, teleportation. That cave's not that big you know. :shifty:

You lost me. :p Teleport? I don't have teleport. I'm playing Anjali ... does someone else have teleport?

...Oh, teleportation. That cave's not that big you know. :shifty:

You lost me. :p Teleport? I don't have teleport. I'm playing Anjali ... does someone else have teleport?

Anjali

Man does this game come with a manual for all these small chr. details, lol. I should check the game directory, maybe there's a text file in there.

I had no idea. Don't recall a screen msg. for it popping up either. I'll check that out. Altho I have a feeling in this particular game I wouldn't find it very useful/desirable most of the time.

...Oh, teleportation. That cave's not that big you know. :ermm:

You lost me. :) Teleport? I don't have teleport. I'm playing Anjali ... does someone else have teleport?

Vera can teleport.

So if you're not using R to bread crumb the teleporting boss, then what are you using it for?

The plot thickens!

Edited by Oner

Man does this game come with a manual for all these small chr. details, lol. I should check the game directory, maybe there's a text file in there.

I had no idea. Don't recall a screen msg. for it popping up either. I'll check that out. Altho I have a feeling in this particular game I wouldn't find it very useful/desirable most of the time.

I had this when I started playing too. Check the aptly titled 'help' section in the game. On console it's on the pause menu. Everything is covered there.

...Oh, teleportation. That cave's not that big you know. :thumbsup:

You lost me. :) Teleport? I don't have teleport. I'm playing Anjali ... does someone else have teleport?

Vera can teleport.

So if you're not using R to bread crumb the teleporting boss, then what are you using it for?

The plot thickens!

I actually thought she was talking about holding down the Right mouse button.

What's the difference between "there", "their" and "they're"?   Apparently, none.     :huh: