E3 2011

Continue posting E3 news here.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Starhawk plays like ArmA2 :) I'd never think devs had though that concept to be worth duplicating. I don't remember Battlezone being very popular

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Like ArmA2? Care to elaborate?

The whole building your base on the fly and jet-to-mech conversion seems rather exciting.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The whole building your base on the fly and jet-to-mech conversion seems rather exciting.

that's pretty much what ArmA2 multiplayer is about. you build your base, then you take a vehicle and go to town. there are Apaches and stuff if you want to fly, Abramses and Humvees etc.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

that's pretty much what ArmA2 multiplayer is about. you build your base, then you take a vehicle and go to town. there are Apaches and stuff if you want to fly, Abramses and Humvees etc.

Well that and being a hardcore mil-sim. :)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well that and being a hardcore mil-sim. :p

that's the best thing about it :p can't wait for ArmA3

Arkham City is a sandbox game? :) looks kick-ass

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

*cough*

*cough*

This is the new shizzle?

@Risen 2: Various new german previews are up already with quite a bit new information, as far as I could see. Stuff like you first have to gain trust with the pirates to get yer own ship, also you have to set up your own crew, the ship is used as your base (like the Normandy in ME). On land, you can take one of your companions with you, who then fights on your side and can interrupt dialogues between you and NPCs, etc.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

@Risen 2: Various new german previews are up already with quite a bit new information, as far as I could see. Stuff like you first have to gain trust with the pirates to get yer own ship, also you have to set up your own crew, the ship is used as your base (like the Normandy in ME). On land, you can take one of your companions with you, who then fights on your side and can interrupt dialogues between you and NPCs, etc.

Will Patty be a joinable companion? I'm guessing that voodoo chick from the trailer will be one as well.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

What the...

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

what's this game they're showing at GTTV?

Walsingham said:

what's this game they're showing at GTTV?

ThatGameCompany stuff... Journey I think its called.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

The Old Republic looks like crap

is that the Aurora engine :blink:

Hahaha.

They've should just kept on churning out fancy CGI trailers made by Blur to keep fooling their unsuspecting future customers.

It looks fine. It's an MMO, of course it isn't going to have cutting edge graphics, they want to reach a wide range of systems. The graphical styling is also a bit cartoony, although not quite the WoW level.

man, the new Lara Croft game looks damn good

Walsingham said: