Planking

Humodour

I love the way the artcile starts out with typical lazy journalist "Craze that kills" fear mongering. Planking's been around for a couple of years, I'm sure.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

My favorite news "Hook" I heard on the Opie & Anthony show

"Tonight at 11:00, could your shampoo be giving you Cancer"

I think it was from a NYC/Long Island are channel.

The answer is no. But we found a guy who says... well, he also says no.

However, two guys who read about the last guys "no" stopped reading halfway through and think it means yes!

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Sounds like a boon for our collective evolution, one more idiot that won't breed.

What, you never taken any pointless risks?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

He was probably drunk. I don't think it was a genuine risk-benefit analysis.

I think planking is funny, cute, and harmless.

But it's amusing to watch people vent their anger over it. I just sit and think "why?". In what way could these 'plankers' possibly be triggering the anger centres of your brain?

Yeah I'm just being needlessly blunt, but how is
a thing worth dying for? :lol:

More people die getting pissed off their nut and walking in front of trains than die from planking. Maybe we should ban trains.

In fact, this guy died while planking BECAUSE he was drunk. Ha!

Edited by Krezack

a thing worth dying for? :lol:

How is anything 'worth' dying for?

I'm not trying to be an **** about this. *yeah yeah it comes naturally* But seriously, you've never been rock climbing, or shinned up the outside of a building, or careened down a snowslope or anything when there was no point whatever? I certainly have. I don't do it any more precisely because I value my rotting carcass, but I certainly have done and nothing bad happened. It's part of being a bloke, surely?

-Elwood Blues

Planking is fun and totally worth buying the farm for. Id be proud to go out like that.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Maybe we should start an Obsidian planking club? But since we're nerds we would only be lying on like.. our computer tables.. or an unusually high sofa..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

How about not? As obviously its stupid.

Given that, going by the rate of accusations by other members, we're all idiots anyway...

-Elwood Blues

Given that, going by the rate of accusations by other members, we're all idiots anyway...

But are we THAT stupid?

First one to post themselves planking is officially the Obsidian 'Tard

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

a thing worth dying for? :p

More people die getting pissed off their nut and walking in front of trains than die from planking. Maybe we should ban trains.

In fact, this guy died while planking BECAUSE he was drunk. Ha!

Obviously prohibition should come back.

I mean, is alcohol worth dying for?

That depends.. if you count it as one of the few ways Darwin's theory of evolution still works for humanity.. We've taken so much environmental danger out of the pool..so personal stupidity should have consequences.. :p

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

But are we THAT stupid?

First one to post themselves planking is officially the Obsidian 'Tard

Precisely, accusations are nothing without proof, let's get this Obsidian planking session started :p

Edited by WDeranged

That depends.. if you count it as one of the few ways Darwin's theory of evolution still works for humanity.. We've taken so much environmental danger out of the pool..so personal stupidity should have consequences.. :p

It's all fun and games when stupid people get themselves killed, not so much when they are also responsible for killing others.