Multiple cities per planet

It would be cool if you could go to differnt cities on one planet and you would have to choose when you were flying in to a planet. I do relize that on some planets this would not be possibel like corusant wich is all one big city, but then you would not always land in the same docking bay. This could help to provide some variety.

Wow, this is actually a good idea. KOTOR 1 was boring as far as the cities went, because there was exactly one city we could go to per HUGE planet.

Needless to say, quite a few people would like to either have multiple landing spots, or at least more interesting single cities.

Though I doubt you'd have multiple cities, as they could only really be topped off with unique side quests, which would make the game too long (though I'd enjoy a longer game).

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out 

Great idea. In fact, this may already be implemented. The devs said one of the biggest innovations in TSL over KotOR was the fact that planets were less linear due to the fact that there are much more sub locations. Perhaps these cities serve as sub locations. I remember them mentioning something about "planets" as being an inaccurate name, although the term is still used as we associate it with the KotOR formula.

I don't see how this would be possible in KotOR2 since the developers have clearly stated that the maps will be the same size (probably due to limitation within the engine). Maybe if they made more maps, but that would double or triple the size of the game..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Great idea. In fact, this may already be implemented. The devs said one of the biggest innovations in TSL over KotOR was the fact that planets were less linear due to the fact that there are much more sub locations. Perhaps these cities serve as sub locations. I remember them mentioning something about "planets" as being an inaccurate name, although the term is still used as we associate it with the KotOR formula.

By sub locations I'm sure they mean underground, building. Like Taris, had the upper south and upper north or whatever four appartments sewers and two cantinas.

Evolutionary Development

I can safely say that, though KOTOR had some diverse maps of medium size, it just wasn't enough for me. It got old after awhile, still pleasing in that, "wow, exotic" way, but not quite so much after the fifth time through them.

Obsidian is making bigger maps, and they seem to be as diverse as the originals, but the idea you've got would make one hell of a difference in replay value...IMHO...

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I don't see how this would be possible in KotOR2 since the developers have clearly stated that the maps will be the same size (probably due to limitation within the engine). Maybe if they made more maps, but that would double or triple the size of the game..

Not really, it would just maybe double the amount of area in the game, I really don't see where that matters at all.

Adria Teksuni,

Let say K2 has 7-8 different location and will be completed in e.g. 18 months. This is approximately 2-3 months per location. Make your own conclusions how much we have to wait if we want new locations in addition to the implemented ones - the game will never go to stores !!!

*shrug* I was simply responding to the poster who said that the game had been in development a year.

Still, I don't see how that would be impossible to do, and do well, in the years given to Obsidian, considering that they didn't have to build a new engine.

Never assume malice when stupidity is to blame.

well, i really would like a game that would take about 100 hours of gameplay if you only make what you have to and over 120 hours if you go everywhere - now that's what I would like in a game - but the lenght should not be made up by conversation(i am not talking about a game with minimal conversation, no the conversation is cool, especially the funny one :lol: ) or by having to go again and again to the same location like i have done the first time i played through KotOR ;) - i wouldn't like a liniar game either - well i guess i am hard to please :p

It would be cool if you could go to differnt cities on one planet and you would have to choose when you were flying in to a planet. I do relize that on some planets this would not be possibel like corusant wich is all one big city, but then you would not always land in the same docking bay. This could help to provide some variety.

Great idea.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.