Diplomacy fail

Walsingham

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12658054

Little tip, fellahs. If some chaps turn up offerring to talk about assisting you... don't take them prisoner.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Um, Wals, if you were the rebels and you saw a group of foreign elite soldiers rock up with guns and explosives, what would you do given Gaddafi is hiring foreign mercenaries from all over the place? You'd maybe detain them and verify their story.

Yeah, instead of sending soldiers in secretly - reach out to the rebels diplomatically and in public. I know there's probably worry that Gaddafi will kill foreign soldiers onn sight but still be smart dude. the rebels are in a war, they don't have time to play nice with secret soldiers.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Um, Wals, if you were the rebels and you saw a group of foreign elite soldiers rock up with guns and explosives, what would you do given Gaddafi is hiring foreign mercenaries from all over the place? You'd maybe detain them and verify their story.

I don't believe they'd go in armed to the teeth, old man. And detaining and imprisoning are two very different things. I'd reckon. :ermm:

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Apologies to Krez. I've just read about the explosives etc. Sounds like a bit of a mess, frankly.

-Elwood Blues

Wait, aren't the troops there to give safe passage to foreign nationals out of the country; what is all this talk about alliances with the rebels?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Wait, aren't the troops there to give safe passage to foreign nationals out of the country; what is all this talk about alliances with the rebels?

Did someone say rebel alliance?

-Elwood Blues

Meaning no disrespect to the terrble suffering of the people who live in the Congo, but what the hell are you talking about? Success? What success?

-Elwood Blues

Couple of years ago. didn't they foil an attempt to take down the government. Am I remembering this wrong ?. This would be in reverse, the winds of change seem to be blowing in the middle east to use the hippie terminology, this is good thing, and an opportunity, no ?

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Well. The obvious explanation is the the rebels cannot afford to justify Khadaffi's claims of Western involvement. That would probably undermine the entire revolution. I'm sure they'll simply send these people home without any hassle... The humanitarian situation is at a risk of becoming dire though, and supply of food and other necessities should be ensured, preferrably in a more discreet way.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Couple of years ago. didn't they foil an attempt to take down the government. Am I remembering this wrong ?. This would be in reverse, the winds of change seem to be blowing in the middle east to use the hippie terminology, this is good thing, and an opportunity, no ?

Strictly speaking I'd suggest that any situation which is changing faster than the systems around it can react will have noxious byproducts.

For my money this is an example of what happens when you expect indigenous populations to free themselves from a state which is prepared to actually use significant force to stop them. But then, you know that's what I think. :)

~

BTW

What's the point of arms control when you can oppress people using swords?

-Elwood Blues

Seems to me like our guys were in there stirring **** up with their bombs and fake passports, the great game continues :)

Surely if they were going to stir **** up then they'd have been better off with a number of featureless black spheres that exploded into an acidic gas when anyone tried to tamper with or x-ray them. That would have driven the conspiracy people nuts.

-Elwood Blues