Patch release

This is really idiotic. I enjoyed Alpha Protocol a lot, so I'm not a generic basher - but this is just idiotic. Its just not that hard to post a message on their own message boards explaining what's going on. Did you make the patch, what did you address, what is the status of release, and what the hell is Sega doing putting an exe on a website and calling it a patch?

Obsidian just makes themselves look like idiots with crap like this. Why? Communicate people, its not that hard.

I bought a copy of this game on the PS3 and got my money back from Gamestop three days. The manager didn't even argue the fact that the game was broken without a patch. Just gave me my money back.

I took Fallout New Vegas off of pre-order after playing this game. I remembered how glitched the last version was upon release and I simply saw it as too big of a risk given the games history and Obsidians job with AP.

I seriously hope they come out with a patch for you guys soon. Good luck!

This is really idiotic. I enjoyed Alpha Protocol a lot, so I'm not a generic basher - but this is just idiotic. Its just not that hard to post a message on their own message boards explaining what's going on. Did you make the patch, what did you address, what is the status of release, and what the hell is Sega doing putting an exe on a website and calling it a patch?

Obsidian just makes themselves look like idiots with crap like this. Why? Communicate people, its not that hard.

There are these things called NDAs that kinda dictate what they can and can't say.

Hate the living, love the dead.

I bought a copy of this game on the PS3 and got my money back from Gamestop three days. The manager didn't even argue the fact that the game was broken without a patch. Just gave me my money back.

I took Fallout New Vegas off of pre-order after playing this game. I remembered how glitched the last version was upon release and I simply saw it as too big of a risk given the games history and Obsidians job with AP.

I seriously hope they come out with a patch for you guys soon. Good luck!

What glitches did you have? As far as I remember there was nothing gamebreaking in the PS3 release apart from problems with the checkpoint system which can be resolved

Edited by C2B

What glitches did you have? As far as I remember there was nothing gamebreaking in the PS3 release apart from problems with the checkpoint system which can be resolved

10 dollars on "shooting mechanics weren't like in Mass Effect 2 / random shooter here".

No it wasn't a mechanics issue. It wasn't that I thought the concept sucked either as I loved the concept. It wasn't really even that the martial arts controls lacked any defensive moves either. Hell it wasn't even the dated graphics, poor voice acting, save points, third person view allowing you to look around corners, cover system that made it overly easy, bosses that had moments of being impervious to damage or that it froze up a couple times.

The lack of any functional patch coming, the game freezing, poor hand to hand combat system and some graphics issues I figured it was best to return it while I could.

I could of played on in hopes that I could ignore the problems but I learned my lesson with Borderlands that if a patch isn't released immediately then the odds are poor that one will eventually come out that actually does anything.

No it wasn't a mechanics issue. It wasn't that I thought the concept sucked either as I loved the concept. It wasn't really even that the martial arts controls lacked any defensive moves either. Hell it wasn't even the dated graphics, poor voice acting, save points, third person view allowing you to look around corners, cover system that made it overly easy, bosses that had moments of being impervious to damage or that it froze up a couple times.

The lack of any functional patch coming, the game freezing, poor hand to hand combat system and some graphics issues I figured it was best to return it while I could.

I could of played on in hopes that I could ignore the problems but I learned my lesson with Borderlands that if a patch isn't released immediately then the odds are poor that one will eventually come out that actually does anything.

Uhmm, the only thing I read in this rant (which most of I can't really agree. VA was great, Cover was useless and in many situations you were better off just shooting and punching dudes, and hand to hand combat was probably the best part about the gameplay IMO) that are actual technical problems instead of opinion is the freezing. Can you elaborate on that? Even if we can't help ypu it can be used for further information to other players.

Edited by C2B

I must have played a completely different game then...

Its just sad that Sega is taking so long to do anything for this game. I truly do hope that Obsidian doesn't work with Sega again any time soon. Sega is building a bad track record in my mind. They canceled Alien vs Predator, they almost canceled Alpha Protocol and they did so in the oddest ways. How unprofessional is it to wait until the shipping day to say the date has been pushed back half a year.

I know this isn't the place for it but Sega really needs to start being more professional in the way they act with Obsidian. Really just the way they act in general lately.

Hope the patch problem gets fixed soon.

I think I'm just about done buying Sega games, especially on the PC. Over the past few years I've bought:

Space Siege

Empire: Total War

Stormrise

Alpha Protocol

I also had The Club given to me as gift.

Space Siege was completely abandoned, full of bugs, as soon as it was released, and a patch never showed up. There wasn't even technical support offered for the game when people called Sega for help.

Empire was full of bugs when it was released, and about half of them were taken out after 6 months of patches. Instead of fixing the rest of the bugs, Sega released Napoleon, which should have been an expansion pack to Empire, as a full game.

Stormrise was released with half the features in the manual not in the game, a very minor patch was released that didn't fix much. A second patch was promised, but never showed up. After months of waiting, a forum moderator got confirmation that it had been canceled.

The PC version of the Club was missing graphics, textures, and features along with being full of bugs. The network code didn't work for a lot of people, preventing them from ever playing a multiplayer game, and the patch that Sega said was being developed was never released.

And now Alpha Protocol, and everyone on this forum should know about the troubles it has had. I don't blame Obsidian as much as I do Sega (though I am still pissed off about KoToR 2 :sorcerer: ), so I'm done with Sega games.

Well, it doesnt work for me.

I had run time error before, and now instead of runtime error it just crash, gg...

Can somebody change the thread title to US Patch release? It would avoid confusion and these situations. Well, not fully since the ones who would have to change it is SEGA but still.

Does anyone want to guess how long it will take for them to patch the patch?

Two weeks. ;)

System Specs:

Processor Manufacturer: AMD

Processor Name / Type: AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs)

Processor Core Speed: 2.5GHz

Operating System / Service Pack: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition (5.2, Build 3790) Service Pack 2

System RAM: 4094MB RAM

Video (GPU) Manufacturer: ATI

Video Card Model: Radeon HD 4890

Video Card Driver Version: Catalyst 10.6

Video Card onboard RAM: 1024 MB

Sound Card Manufacturer: Creative

Sound Card Model: SB X-Fi

Two weeks. ;)

?

Maybe a reference to the last days of Team Gizka.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

Two weeks. :shifty:

?

Maybe a reference to the last days of Team Gizka.

Indeed, sir. Well played.

System Specs:

Operating System / Service Pack: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition (5.2, Build 3790) Service Pack 2

Wow, obscure reference is obscure :lol:

Well, I didn't think it was that obscure, this being an Obsidian board and KotOR 2 being an Obsidian game and all. Also, if I'm not totally mistaken (which is a possibility. Started early today...) it was the time frame given by either Obsidian or Bioware for a patch that would then take another three months to show up. I'll be damned if I recall which game that patch was for, thogh. I do recall that I was part of the howling pack.

System Specs: