Teen Banned from US

Raithe

He can still speak freely. He still can't threaten freely. If I sent a letter threatening you, then it ceases to be a matter of freedom of speech, and turns into a matter of an individual's safety.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

Sending abusive emails is not the freedom of information, Kaft. Any more than those disgusting photos your mom keeps sending me.

But it does violate the unwritten internet rule of freedom from consequences. And the response was grossly dispropportionate, the white house staff should just have sent him a reply telling him to "Dude, STFU".

..also, those photos are art, you friggin' philistine.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Sending abusive emails is not the freedom of information, Kaft. Any more than those disgusting photos your mom keeps sending me.

..also, those photos are art, you friggin' philistine.

No form of art should involve that much buttermilk.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

No form of art should involve that much buttermilk.

Ah, the casual narrowmindedness of the contemporary Bourgeoisine. How quaint. Perhaps you should go watch some overrated conformist degenerate stuff dead animals in formaline then, if you cant handle the buttermilk.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

"The Bill of Rights. Too freaking long to actually read. So I'll just misquote it to support whatever I want it to..."

:lol:

Someone had to say it...

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm not sure how it is excessive. He wasn't living in the US and deported.

Never mind the fact that people seem to be accepting his version of the story, and disregarding the police comments. The article linked in the first post is sensationalist and one-sided to begin with.

Threatening the US president is a felony in the US. So if you do it from abroad, you get on the same list with people who've belonged to the communist party (IIRC that list is also still in existence, or at least was not too long ago). Tough luck.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

He wrote a rude email once, and for that he will never ever be able to visit the real disneyland, go to mardi gras or pee in lake michigan. Id say thats pretty excessive. What if he grows up to become an awesome scientists and some dudes go all like "Dude, you can totally come to our university in America and cure cancer" and he'll be all like "Nah, I sent an angry email forty years ago so Im gonna stay here and research fish&chips instead." It could happen, and it would be your fault.

If you send an email threatening to behead our king and poop in his pants, the guys at the royal IT department would just delete it and go have coffee. You know, the sensible thing to do. Sure, they might forward it to the cops first, who in turn would delete it and then go have coffee aswell.

It could happen, but it would be HIS fault.

I'm pretty sure if he grows up to become an important scientist (he seems like he's on that path :lol:) he can petition to have himself dropped from the list easily enough.

And hey, there is always EuroDisney...or did that close?

If you send an email threatening to behead our king and poop in his pants, the guys at the royal IT department would just delete it and go have coffee. You know, the sensible thing to do. Sure, they might forward it to the cops first, who in turn would delete it and then go have coffee aswell.

How many kings have you had assassinated?

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

About a dozen, give or take a few that werent technicly kings at the time of their unnatural departure.

About a dozen, give or take a few that werent technicly kings at the time of their unnatural departure.

Yeah, but that's like a typical weekend for you guys. Step on out, kill a king, go for a swim.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Yeah, but that's like a typical weekend for you guys. Step on out, kill a king, go for a swim.

What can we say.. we take our politics a little more seriously over here... :thumbsup:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

It's true. How do you think that old lady has stayed queen for so long? It's cause she's surrounded by loyal subjects armed with cricketing equipment who fend off contenders to touch the flag pole at Buck House (which is how you become monarch).

EDIT: Where do you think the term 'jackboot' came from? They're boots for kicking jacobites.

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

What's the big deal? We don't even have freedom of speech on this very American board, ****suckers.

sorry sucker, but this ain't an American board... is an Obsidian board. freedom o' speech as set forth in the First Amendment is a prohibition on State action. "Congress shall make no law..."

and to the rest o' you bemoaning the injustice done unto some poor uk kid... to stir the secret service to action you gotta threaten the Prez with death, serious bodily harm, or kidnapping. so, a drunken limey threatens Obama with some kinda significant violence and is subsequently informed that he should not be making any US vacation plans in the near future... and you clowns thinks that it is the US o' A that comes off looking bad?

you know, part o' Gromnir wishes that we live long enough to see China become the world's dominant military and economic super power. no doubt it sucks to be recognizing that folks in Washington D.C. can disproportionately affect your lives whether they intend to or not. *chuckle* am suspecting that the well-intentioned but misguided bumbling o' Pax Americana will be recollected with fond nostalgia when the epicenter o' power in the civilized the world shifts to Beijing.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

sorry sucker, but this ain't an American board... is an Obsidian board. freedom o' speech as set forth in the First Amendment is a prohibition on State action. "Congress shall make no law..."

So why are they censoring us, ****roach? You think they're trying to protect your ****ing kids? It's a **** kind of freedom when you have it but you can't use it. Obsidian reflects American moral standards.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

So why are they censoring us, ****roach? You think they're trying to protect your ****ing kids? It's a **** kind of freedom when you have it but you can't use it. Obsidian reflects American moral standards.

eh? you got some funny ideas 'bout America. Obsidian is not legal required to follow some kinda American Ideal regarding freedom o' speech. after all, Liberty is also one o' those concepts we hold dear here in the U.S. o' A. is no laws forcing Obsidian to be open and charitable regarding free speech... for reasons that would be obvious to anybody with a pair of firing synapses. has a functioning business model wherein employees could resort to a Free Speech defense at any time? has this board, which is first and foremost an ADVERTISING tool, become filled with profanity and pr0n? HA! there is a yutz born every second.

free speech is a prohibition on GOVERNMENT action. Obsidian is not America, and they sure as heck ain't compelled to reflect "American moral standards."

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Even if you went on the White House board or whatever, you still wouldn't have the right to say anything you want. The government is providing the board, it is their property, just like you can't go to the White House and spout gibberish. You have freedom of speech if you create your own IP address, and the government cannot censor it. That is the entirety of the freedom of speech right.

You have freedom of speech if you create your own IP address, and the government cannot censor it. That is the entirety of the freedom of speech right.

actually, you is wrong. as a government actor the White House has far less latitude to censor than does Obsidian. is numerous reasons that the White House could still enforce rules that might limit some free speech, but govt. actors need to be overcoming pretty significant legal obstacles that Obsidian would not face.

schools has been the early battleground for determining the extent o' freedom o' speech on government run websites. schools is finding out real quick that they gotta be very careful 'bout how they present their messages to the public.

am hopeful that hurl is not teaching his students wrong 'bout free speech.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

Obsidian is not America, and they sure as heck ain't compelled to reflect "American moral standards."

Who claimed it was?

They're not compelled.. yet they do. Ever wonder why?

I frequent a lot of boards, Swedish ones, Belgian ones, German ones and a few American ones. Boards representing American companies are the only one who doesn't allow me to write ****, even though it's not even profanity.

If Obsidian (and Bethesda, Bioware, etc.) aren't reflecting general American moral standards, why do you think they've all chosen to censor ****?

Obsidian is not America, and they sure as heck ain't compelled to reflect "American moral standards."

They're not compelled.. yet they do. Ever wonder why?

no. seems pretty obvious why they would. as we noted, these boards is a source o' advertising for Obsidian. am fully cognizant o' reasons why Obsidian would wanna keeps things pleasant. duh. and in any event, there ain't no rational connection linking American free speech protections which is meant to insulate citizens from government action, and the behavior o' Obsidian on their private boards. is complete unrelated.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

no. seems pretty obvious why they would. as we noted, these boards is a source o' advertising for Obsidian. is complete unrelated.

To me it is not obvious.

All these boards, in different countries, are roughly "advertising" (as you put it) for these various companies. Why is it OK to write **** on an advertisement in Sweden but not in America, if it is completely unrelated to American moral standards? What drives them to censor their own board? What are they scared of?

Note that I am not claiming it to be written in law either way, I know they're 'voluntarily' censoring us (which you laughably refer to as their "liberty" to do so, unless you can find a place where self-censoring isn't allowed), just that it is what I believe Obsidian conforms to: they are scared of what the general American consumer thinks of them.