Lets Play The Temple Of Elemental Evil

Nightshape

Okay, so I finally got through rolling all the characters, yup all 20. I've split them into 4 teams, based upon how people came in the voting.

The first set of obsidianites to the slaughter look like this:

Gorth will be leading our fearless band of Obsidianites.

toee2010082420484927.png

Tigranes, our wizard from out of the blizzard.

toee2010082420532858.png

Kirottu, who I reckon has the best portrait of the lot.

toee2010082420555625.png

Tale, the halfling that hates halflings!

toee2010082420585250.png

Finally providing the generall healings... Krezack.

toee2010082421021128.png

Should this team fail, we're lucky in that we have three more sets of obsidianites to sacrifice. I've rolled the characters, but for thems who is interested here is a quick list. I may change them as required, but we shall see.

The B-Team

Pidesco Human, Fighter

Kaftan Barlast Human, Wizard

Visceris Half-Orc, Paladin

Magical Volo Dwarf, Cleric

Monte Carlo Human, Fighter

The C-Team

Lady Crimson Halfling, Monk

WorstUsernameEver Gnome, Wizard

Gfted1 Halfling, Paladin

~Di Elf, Enchanter

Hurlshot Dwarf, Cleric

The D-Team

Walsingham Human, Sorcerer

Entrerix Human, Cleric

Hassat Hunter Half-Elf, Druid

Mkreku Half-Elf, Wizard

Purkake Gnome, Rogue

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I just installed ToEE to try and play along. and I think my version looks a little different, hmmm

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

That is a nice looking UI.

It's very unresponsive and clunky to use, though.

But I like the use of color.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I've had this game for a couple of years now... never got around to try it. This is the moment! :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I think they look better than Baldur's Gate II portraits. I have to import a Neverwinter Nights portrait every time I play it, nowadays. Though I had trouble finding good ones in Neverwinter Nights when that was first released, too.

Baldur's Gate 2 portraits fell into two categories. Complete ponce or identical twin of a party member.

Edited by Tale

@Everyone deciding to play ToEE for the first time: For the sake of your sanity get the Circle of Eight community patch before you do anything, this game has more bugs than a cheap motel.

Heh, i still have a shortcut to them on my web browser. Even downloaded it back when I heard all the "horror" stories about the vanilla game. I might want to re downloload it, as it might have been updated the last 12-24 months.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

@Everyone deciding to play ToEE for the first time: For the sake of your sanity get the Circle of Eight community patch before you do anything, this game has more bugs than a cheap motel.

Which may I add I am currently using.

Go forth and conquer, oh fearless Obsidianites! .... or at least, try not to die. :lol:

...I've never even head of this game, so this should be interesting.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The short opening session, the chosen alignment being chaotic neutral.

Session 1A

The group of Obsidianites have no clue what is in store for them...

toee2010082422303059.png

Tale wanders forth, sneaking up to the door... yup, he's sure a small fella...

toee2010082422322294.png

The rest of the team hang back while tale investigates, he attempts to sneak past the small air elemental, having spotted a chest...

toee2010082422324734.png

Having slipped over to the chest, tale attempts to open it, foolishly though, its trapped! Right there tale almost bites the dust...

toee2010082422331580.png

Hearing Tale scream the rest run forwards to see what all the fuss is about, the air elemental has spotted Tale, and he's bleeding out face down in the dirt. Tig freeze's, fearful that this could be the end of tale. Gorth isn't so shy though, and lets off an arrow from his shortbow. It's a miserable effort, seeing that Gorth missed, Kirottu lets out an orcish scream of distain, charging glave first at the air elemental he dispatches of it. Krezack hurry's over to tale's aid, is it too late? Did he get there early enough, he ready's his cure light wounds spell... Please don't be too late.

toee2010082422361696.png

Tales surrvived for now, waking slowly he reaches towards his pack, pulling from it a small vile, he quaffs it. "Lucky I had that", he chuckles, before wandering over to the chest. He unlocks it effortlessly. Finding a key, "This must be for the other door", Gorth looks over, "Same plan again Tale", Tale nods, "Aye, but keep that ugly arse half-orc ready to pounce". Kirottu grunts, and they make their way back to the other door, Tale inching forwards to find a couple of zombies.

toee2010082422581032.png

Tale points out the two zombies to Kirottu, who somewhat snarlingly trundles forwards. Tale sneaks past the zombies, everyone else, stands ready. "Kirottu smash undead scum into bits", he takes off into an epic charge.

toee2010082422581032.png

His glaive slicing the zombie in half, Krezack bursts into the room, grasping his spear, he approaches the zombie, Tale squeaks a little as the zombie notices's him. Gorth fires off another arrow in the hope of grabbing the zombies attention. Too late sadly, the undead swings at tales head. He ducks as Kirrotu attempts another charge.

toee2010082423010365.png

Session 1A cont...

Gorth releases his blade, Tigranes who had been cowering out of sight, looses his mind for a moment and charges the zombie with his staff, smiting it down on its head to do a whole 0HP, "Oh dear...", he quips. Tale lunges at the zombie blade in hand, his snarling like the yapping of a yorkshire terrier. Krezack, pokes his spear into the zombies back, it barely phases it. "Kirottu!", Gorth leaps into the fray, as Tigs runs screaming towards the door, and so it was that with a mighty swing Kirrottu downs the filth to its final resting place.

toee2010082423015359.png

Tale, walks forth through the final doorway, spotting a chest, remembering his lession he inspects it for traps, its clean, he pulls out his pick locks and opens it. "So what have you found Tale", Gorth shouts from the other room, "A treasure map", he responds. "Looks like we're off to hommlet Gorth, there's treasure there".

toee2010082423052578.png

And thus the Obsidianites travelled to Hommlet, arriving in the dead of night, looking for an Inn to rest, find wenches, and drink mead.

toee2010082423061499.png

Tales surrvived for now

So, he lived to tell the tale...

I could have told Tig that whacking a zombie on the head with a staff is no good. THere is a reason for why they always scavenge for "Brainsss..." :(

*Gorth sits down and starts singing about gold*

(bonus points to anyone geeky enough to get the last reference)

If this guy is anything like his namesake, he'll be the last one alive.

That would require me to have not already fled in abject cowardice.

Good show. :)

I vote that should our party fail, Pidesco should get the Anomen voice.

No, I should get Xan's voice!

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Good show. :)

I vote that should our party fail, Pidesco should get the Anomen voice.

No, I should get Xan's voice!

It's a party full of chosen ones, how could it possibly fail??? :)

In the unlikely event it does, then it better be a very epic and cinematic fail!