Ok, I am no big nerd at all before we jump in this I was born in 83 and am Majoring in Law. When I was younger i'd say 5 years ago maybe 6 or 7 I used to play xbox and one of my favorite title's were KOTOR 1 and then you guys came and omg there was two after Lucas art wouldn't let bioware make KOTOR. I am here to ask Why haven't you and Lucas arts partner up again for a KOTOR 3? Why are you and lucas arts letting BIOWARE make some "dumb" game were the graphics aren't as nice as the one's in KOTOR 2. Why doeesn't lucasarts.com forums admins respond to over 5 thousand people wanting and posting stuff about KOTOR 3. Revan was a great character and his team the whole idea of KOTOR shaped the way we play many games now. I have found several sites by searching on google that have over a couple thousand members that want it or on comment blogs over 300 posts if we brought them all together in one place and told people where to go if they wanted to talk about pressuring the developers into making another KOTOR they would do it. I Have read so many things the history about how you guys got to making KOTOR 2 and fans stuff and much much more...... My question is this if you see that making another KOTOR is profitable (Keep in mind you would have to keep Revan as the main character) then why don't you do it or ask Lucas arts? Please don't look at this and say that you can't do it because even if you can't you could possibly ask Lucas Arts as you worked with them. Your games in the past have been very good and still are, why not make a KOTOR 3 when you have thousand of people that want it if not more then that. Even if there is CopyRight issues or you can't ask Lucas Arts... Partner up for one final game to end it.. Don't let this SWTOR stuff ruin KOTOR reputation. Thanks for reading!

Edited by Elite Xiled Gamers

They did.

But being Star Wars, LA has absulute authority. And they saw more $ in a MMORPG with Bio :shifty:.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I may be being overly cynical, but is it possible they are 'banking' KOTOR3 for when they run out of other ideas? I mean in video games it seems we will cheerfully wait many years for a sequel?

Literally this just occurred to me.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I may be being overly cynical, but is it possible they are 'banking' KOTOR3 for when they run out of other ideas? I mean in video games it seems we will cheerfully wait many years for a sequel?

Literally this just occurred to me.

TBH, I think you're crediting LA with a kind of long-term thought that's unlikely. It's more likely, IMO, that they're simply thinking that an MMO will make more money. Which it will.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

What I've seen so far of the MMORPG has been far from impressive.

Bioware has been trying to pull a Blizzard, except that Blizzard had years of experience on their belts when it comes to balancing etc, they pulled off a pretty polished game that got better and better with expansions and still runs like a charm on very old rigs without looking ugly.

Bioware has yet to publish a game with decent balance so...

My prediction is the MMO will crash and burn. Bioware and LA said the MMO is a replacement for K3, btw.

See that's where Bioware is wrong, This new SWTOR will not replace KOTOR. The story line and at least 6000 other would agree that I know of the story line of revan was great! It got gamers off there seat and into the game making them want to come back for more every time! If I would say that we compare KOTOR 2 and SWTOR the graphics are way better in KOTOR, the story line is better, I think that when I update my server I just might start a few websites about KOTOR 3 and how it should be made ill pass it around, and a website of all the people who think that SWTOR will "screw" up the feeling atleast name it something else I mean ugh.

My prediction is the MMO will crash and burn. Bioware and LA said the MMO is a replacement for K3, btw.

Why? It's a Bioware-driven Star Wars MMO. That's three boxes ticked in the "money" category already. I don't like Bioware's games on the whole, but they're popular, and what you have in the making here is a way to cash in on three fanbases - and three different attractions to the game. I see this one running quite successfully, at least for a while.

I've no intention of playing it, but most KotOR fans I know intend to at least try it. Hell, I imagine most gamers with an interest in Star Wars are going to at least try it. We ran a poll on KotORFiles, and even in the heart of the Revan fanboy world, over half the respondents were stoked for the MMO. And that's arguably where you'd expect the most resistance to the idea.

Edited by Darth InSidious

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

Apparently the MMOPOS is supposed to be K3-K10... Which is ****ing bull****, but I digress. They're making it because it'll make craptons of money. I'm not going near it with a 10' pole, but it'll still make more goddamn money than the DS.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Why? It's a Bioware-driven Star Wars MMO. That's three boxes ticked in the "money" category already. I don't like Bioware's games on the whole, but they're popular, and what you have in the making here is a way to cash in on three fanbases - and three different attractions to the game. I see this one running quite successfully, at least for a while.

I've no intention of playing it, but most KotOR fans I know intend to at least try it. Hell, I imagine most gamers with an interest in Star Wars are going to at least try it. We ran a poll on KotORFiles, and even in the heart of the Revan fanboy world, over half the respondents were stoked for the MMO. And that's arguably where you'd expect the most resistance to the idea.

I'm sure lots of people will try it, I just haven't seen anything that will keep them playing. I don't play MMO's though, so what do I know. But no one so far has been able to take on WoW.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Personally I'm not one that cries because there won't be a KOTOR3 (actually, the only thing I'd have liked from Obsidian would have been to not end the 2nd game on a cliffhanger... :ermm: ), but I simply can't see TOR succeeding in the long run.

WoW has reached the apex when it comes to polishing and balance.

BioWare.. well, they do very well when it comes to polishing, not so well when it comes to balance.

And TOR for now doesn't really have anything new that can consolidate a fanbase.

Certainly, a lot of fans of the universe and of the KOTOR games will try it, and it will probably do better than other MMORPGs on the long run, but still... I can't see it being the overwhelmingly good success they want it to be, considering the enormous budget behind the project.

Second thing : TOR isn't KOTOR3-10. BioWare never implied it though. They talked about content, and said that the game will have content comparable to KOTOR3-10. While I find that improbable, I'm going to give them the benefit of doubt.

KOTOR was, and still will be a single player CRPG, set 200 years before TOR, with a different rule system, a different art style and all that jazz.

It's that simple, and BioWare never denied it.

KOTOR was, and still will be a single player CRPG, set 200 years before TOR, with a different rule system, a different art style and all that jazz.

It's that simple, and BioWare never denied it.

I'm imagining Bio commenting on this. "It's nothing like KotOR I-II! KotOR ripped off the original SW movies' art style, TOR is ripping off the prequel movies!"

:ermm:

Moved to Kotor related forum.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

It's a Bioware-driven Star Wars MMO. That's three boxes ticked in the "money" category already.

Galaxy didn't do so well though. So that just leaves BioWare to the addition. May be enough, may be not.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I don't like to prejudicially knock things (much) but LA just don't give a **** about the brand any more. In many ways might it not be best to have an MMO where a lot of the background is provided by actual fans?

Note: i'm deliberately ignoring what the fans are like.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm sure lots of people will try it, I just haven't seen anything that will keep them playing. I don't play MMO's though, so what do I know. But no one so far has been able to take on WoW.

There are plenty of successful MMO's on the market, you don't have to topple WoW to turn a profit.

We also haven't really seen anything about TOR. They haven't even begun the beta.

• 2 months later...

Well, when I first played the KOTOR games i thought 'gosh, this would be so much better as a multiplayer game' because, honestly, it is a multiplayer game controled by one single player. So I am looking forward to this "dollar-machine" as it was called before, what is a really odd comment, because: Which game is not made for money? Which producer does not want to make good money with his games?

I'm definetly gonna try it. Whether it leaves an impression or not, we'll see

Edited by Dalo Pacus