It's hot

Walsingham

The temperatures have been around 40

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

26 in Helsinki. The main issue here is that most public spaces have either no AC or substandard. So basically going indoors means dealing with 35c temperatures. I have AC at work, and with blinds and stuff can keep my tiny apartment bearable (under 30). Every summer I'm astonished by the fact that nobody ever considers that it occasionally (~3 months every year) actually gets reasonably warm here. :x

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Finland recorded the highest temperature ever today: 37,2 degrees Celsius near Joensuu.

We have our own climate at my local town:

- 60km north of us: 34 degrees

- 60km east of us: 33 degrees

- 60km south of us: 32 degrees

- 60km west is in the middle of the ocean, so i dunno :wacko:

At our place: 21 degrees :x (but with a humidity of 82%) The only place colder than that is in northern lapland, where they had snow last week.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

In Vaasa :wacko:

Still funny how for example in Kauhava, it was 33. In Kroonopyy, it was 34-36. In Kristiinankaupunki it was 32. In northern Lapland (Salla), it was 25 :x

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

^ Meshugger rolls a natural 20 for wacky place names and wins.

Those names are "normal". Just outside of Turku, there's a village named "

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

^ Meshugger rolls a natural 20 for wacky place names and wins.

Those names are "normal". Just outside of Turku, there's a village named "

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

• 2 weeks later...

Outside of a few days very early on, there is no summer this year. Just a prolonged late fall or early Spring or something. Temps in the upper 60's/mid-70's most of the time. I like cooler weather so I'm not complaining, but it's usually a little warmer on average here.

Maybe we'll have a late burst of 90 degree heat in October. Haven't had one of those in a while.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Outside of a few days very early on, there is no summer this year. Just a prolonged late fall or early Spring or something. Temps in the upper 60's/mid-70's most of the time. I like cooler weather so I'm not complaining, but it's usually a little warmer on average here.

Maybe we'll have a late burst of 90 degree heat in October. Haven't had one of those in a while.

Yeah, and for that reason (among others), I quite enjoyed my week on the California coast. The return to the sticky heat of the DC area has not been pleasant.

Although we did have a fun early-morning thunderstorm here today. That cooled it off a bit. On the other hand, it knocked out the power for a lot of people (not me, thankfully) and the flooding actually forced the temporary closure of a subway station or two.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally a heat wave of near 100F, which makes my PC's run at 55C+ during the day. Hubby put in the window AC unit we took from his sister and .... ahhhhhhhhhhhh. Much better. PC's back to 39C & my personal sanity restored. It's not too loud, either. Not good for keeping thieves out, but I'm usually home anyway.

Tonight we may watch Netflix movies in here. heheh

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It's going to hit 110 on wednesday. Woe is my sweaty pantaloons. :'(

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.