Joy and Sadness

A bit over half downloaded, but no serial key. I guess they were contacted about their ****up before I was able to buy the game.

Bleh, guess I'll be waiting for the actual release date. >_<

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Nope, same issue, even when installed in a different location. Check the registry to see if it was possible to change the path savegames are stored. No dice.

I've also managed to ascertain that the game creates a new set of folders every time it is run. Ie, here:

apfreshinstall.jpg

This is a fresh install of AP, where the executable APgame.exe has run 2 times, and created a set of folders each time.

ProtocolX, could you grab a screendump of your Binaries folder, so I can see what it is supposed to look like?

Edited by Jerkoj

it looks like it is installing either a corrupted build or in the wrong language. My binaries looks nothing like that.

Looking at the ini files

UNR=..\APGame\Content\Maps\

BRUSH=..\APGame\Content\

2DS=..\APGame\Content\

PSA=..\APGame\Content\

COLLADAAnim=..\APGame\Content\

GenericImport=..\APGame\Content\

GenericExport=..\APGame\Content\

GenericOpen=..\APGame\Content\

GenericSave=..\APGame\Content\

EDIT: You may need to redownload it.

Edited by ProtocolX

Game is installed, but I have no serial key.

I am sad.

:sorcerer:

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Mystery solved. Apparently my User Account in Windows does not have a "My Documents" folder assigned, go figure, so I guess that is why it creates all this trash data in the Binaries folder.

I've just created a new system account, and successfully saved a game in the Graybox. Let's see if it holds. Fingers crossed.

Joy and Sadness part II: Turns out I have That One Video Card (X1600) that is utter incompatible with the game. D:

=/

We had the specs for a long time though, have you never noticed before Oner?

Still, mid-tier video cards that are much better than yours are much cheaper now.

Joy and Sadness part II: Turns out I have That One Video Card (X1600) that is utter incompatible with the game. D:

=/

We had the specs for a long time though, have you never noticed before Oner?

Still, mid-tier video cards that are much better than yours are much cheaper now.

Specs said X1600 Pro and my control panel said x1600/1650, so I was kinda hoping..

Besides I would've bought the game either way. At worst I'll play it later. :shifty:

For an unsupported video card the game runs rather well. Sure, hacking is a pain when the controls don't respond half the time and there's a small lag when I turn around fast, but apart from that, it plays smooth.

Oh yeah, when more than 2 guys shoot than it's lag time too. :lol:

I'm suspicious of the controls though, keyboard problems are one thing, but the oversensitive hacking mouse scroll and the reduced-to-next-to-nothing lock pick mouse scroll is... weird, to say the least.

Anyway, game runs reasonably well and the game started to become fun when I stopped trying to sneak past every bum guard. :)