NHL

Gorth

• 3 weeks later...

My first round predictions:

Caps - Rangers: Capitals in 6. Capitals seem like a much more playoff minded team this year. Rangers will put up a decent fight though.

Flyers - Sabres: Flyers in 5. Yeah, they have not played well recently, but they are heavy and talented three lines deep. They must win.

Bruins - Canadiens: Bruins in 7. Difficult series to predict.. mostly because I am uninterested in both teams.

Penguins - Lightning: Lightning in 6. Unless Crosby makes an unexpected comeback..

Canucks - Blackhawks: Canucks in 7. This will be a war and probably the best series in the opening round.

Sharks - Kings: Sharks in 5. I have no explanation for this, after having been disappointed by the Sharks year in and year out.

Red Wings - Coyotes: Red Wings in 6. Notoriously slow starting Red Wings will win but make it look difficult.

Ducks - Predators: Predators in 6. I like this team machine. Difficult to meet in the regular season and that bodes well for the playoffs.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Ok, here we go:

Caps in 5 - I haven't had a chance to watch either team much, but it seems like the caps have overcome their weaknesses with the second half of the season.

Flyers in 7 - The Flyers will stretch it out, but Ryan Miller would need to be superman to win the series.

Bruins in 5 - I love the B's.

Lightning in 7 - the lightning made the playoffs?

Blackhawks in 7 - this is a terrible draw for a dominant team. I want vancouver to win, but they have choked too many times.

San jose in 5 - I know I am biased, but the sharks usually coast to the second round before a meltdown. The only first round loss in recent years was against a ducks team that was barely removed from winning the cup. The kings lack the experience and scoring punch.

Coyotes in 6 - I am gambling here on this one. Plus I want as many pacific division teams in the next round as I can get.

Ducks in 5 - nashville got a bad draw here, the preds struggle enough in the playoffs without going against the hottest team in the league.

The East

Rangers at Washington: Caps in 7. Lundqvist will put on a show, but the Rangers aren't where it's at.

Buffalo at Philadelphia : Flyers in 5. I love the Sabres, but Philly has a lot more going for it up front. Buffalo has the edge in goaltending, though.

Montreal at Boston: Habs in 7. This is going to be an ugly, hard fought series. But Montreal has a horseshoe up its ass when it comes to the postseason.

Tampa at Pittsburgh: Tampa in 6. St.Louis is the player to watch here. Stamkos has no experience at this level.

The West

Chicago at Vancouver: Hawks in 7. I'm totally rooting for the Nucks, but that still doesn't make me think that they'll beat the reigning champs

Kings at Sharks: Sharks in 4. Losing Kopitar has basically dried up LA's offense. Better luck next year.

Phoenix at Detroit:Wings in 5. Just move this team already.

Nashville at Anaheim: Ducks in 6 Selanne just keeps on rolling. Perry, Getzlaf, Ryan et all will lead the way.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

" But Montreal has a horseshoe up its ass when it comes to the postseason."

Must explain why they last won the cup in '93. L0LZ

nyr VS wsh: WSH in 5

buf vs phi: PHI in 5

mtl vs bos: mtl in 6

tb vs pit: tb in 6 w/o crosby or pit in 6 w/crosby

chi vs van: van in 7

la vs sj: sj in 6

phx vs det: det in 6

nsh vs ana: ana in 7

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

ny vs wsh: wsh in 5

buf vs phi: phi in 5

mtl vs bos: mtl in 7

tb vs pit: tb in 6

chi vs van: chi in 7

la vs sj: sj in 6

phx vs det: det in 6

nsh vs ana: ana in 5

Looked in here for first time, by accident. Reported this post to NSA.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Also explains why they've advanced past the first round twice in the past three years.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Rangers won a cup more recently but still, Montreal > Rangers

post season performance is important, even if its just for the fanbase. you know why no one is watching the devils right now? b/c they didn't make the playoffs. gotta keep your team on the map if you wanna succeed in the future.

Unless you're Detroit. I watched a few minutes of their game and was surprised to see a whole bunch of empty seats.

I'm pretty sure that is more of an indicator of the Michigan economy than anything against the Wings.

Unless you're Detroit. I watched a few minutes of their game and was surprised to see a whole bunch of empty seats.

I'm pretty sure that is more of an indicator of the Michigan economy than anything against the Wings.

I remember when the Oilers played Detroit in the first round a few years ago. It was the same thing. From what I've seen, the building fills up considerably if they make it past the opening round.

I missed most of the games tonight due to my step-daughters' dance recital:(

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

hey hurl, not a bad start for the sharks huh? rooting for them since jersey is out.

I spent about an hour bitching at my cable company because the game wasn't being broadcast.

I'm listening on the radio now.

hey hurl, not a bad start for the sharks huh? rooting for them since jersey is out.

I spent about an hour bitching at my cable company because the game wasn't being broadcast.

JOEY PAVS

Sweet! That's his 3rd OT Goal of his career.

JOEY PAVS

Sweet! That's his 3rd OT Goal of his career.

truly one of the best playoff performers in recent years.

I would be completely shocked if Vancouver sweeps the Hawks tonight. If that's the case, I will utterly and wholeheartedly throw my support towards the Canucks winning the Cup.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

The Penguins are playing without Malkin and Crosby. How are they winning??

I don't know. I'd be rooting against them in Crosby and Malkin were in (getting bored of them, really) but it's exciting to see these other guys prove themselves, so they have my support until Crosby returns.