Killian is Dead.

Not all chips are bad as long as you keep count on the calories. What chips I do eat is this Tomato and Basil chips that is only 250 calories per serving. Once in a while when I get the urge to eat chips I have that, and only one serving. I still stay within my caloric threshold. No more than 1500 a day, and no more than 500 at work when it comes to solid foods. I do not count liquids in that those totals.

Edited by Killian Kalthorne

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Portion size is a big deal if you're cooking for one. You invariably make enough for two, and if it tastes good (and it should) then you tend to eat it all. The only solution I've found is to VERY swiftly package up extra food and refrigerate it to eat later.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

• 3 weeks later...

Good bump. I'd been meaning to ask.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Me too. He's been too quiet lately. Troublesome.

His last post was May 6th but his profile says that he was last on yesterday. Even if he hasn't been posting, it looks like he's still logging in on occasion.

Me too. He's been too quiet lately. Troublesome.

His last post was May 6th but his profile says that he was last on yesterday. Even if he hasn't been posting, it looks like he's still logging in on occasion.

He wasn't feeling well the last time he posted, and had scheduled a doctor's appointment. I'm concerned. I hope he checks in soon. :p

Me too. He may be bonkers, but his heart is often in the right place.

-Elwood Blues

Agreed. Just wave or nod or something, you bastard.

-Elwood Blues

Hi. I'm checking in. :sorcerer:

Okay, weight loss thingie is on hold. Why you may ask? Earlier this month, on May 6th I did something I have never done before and hopefully never do again.

I broke my right arm. How you may ask. Well, it was because of foolishness. Earlier I did something I rarely do. I drank a pint of beer. Yes, one pint. Later I was messy around with my friends and decided to do a full out run being slightly tipsy, wearing loose shoes, and still over 300 pounds. My right leg gave out and I went smashing into the concrete.

Broke my arm, right were the radius meets up with the wrist bones. Had to have surgery to boot and now there is a metal plate and screws in my arm. I also cracked a tooth that later fell out, and scratched one lense of my glasses.

Next time I have a pint, no running.

On the brighter side of things, I did go to that cook out and saw Iron Man 2 that night.

Edited by Killian Kalthorne

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Your arm doesn't need physical therapy as much as a leg would. I recovered fine from an accident that shattered both bones in my arm and had them sticking out without physical therapy.

Sucks about your accident. I wish you a speedy recovery. :sorcerer:

The doctor said the main bone has already healed by the 14th. I still need the brace for another month and can't lift anything over 5 pounds, but beyond that it is healing nicely. The loss of the tooth and the bill are more of a pain than the arm.

Oy vey. Sorry to hear that, mate. Doubly sorry to hear you're uninsured.

-Elwood Blues

Ouch. And here I thought I had it bad taking out a couple of wisdom teeth. :)

Get better man, it's not the same without Sand.

You got a postal address we can send stuff to? PM me. I mean somewhere you can pick up from. I wouldn't suggest posting your home address.

-Elwood Blues

I wouldn't give up if I were you. If you really want to lose weight, and you do since 300 lbs is very unhealthy, you'll be eating like this (e.g. like a normal person) for the rest of your life, broken arm or leg or even both. I've seen how hard it is, my mother has been on and off a diet for nearly 20 years and has gained everything back every time. She's now planning surgery because she doesn't have the self discipline to eat healthy and change the way she thinks about food. I understand it can be hard, in fact very hard, but it's definitely doable. Learn to love healthy foods, learn to cook and learn how to make food taste good without excess fat, salt or sugar. For example asian food is a really good place to start from. I've been vegan for years now, but I used to be just like you. Hamburgers, pizza and chips and soda every day when I was in high school, so I know it's hard but keep at it! Definitely don't give up, you'll feel bad about yourself and will likely gain the weight back.

Parcel on its way to you now. Hope you like it!

-Elwood Blues

I am still doing the portion control over food intake and doing my best to avoid fast food. Hell, most of fast food makes me nauseous. On the pop side, since the accident I have felt a little to worn out so I have increased my caffeine intake to give me that little boost, but I am avoiding the heavier colas and sticking to diet soda as much as possible.

Walsh, I am sure I will.