Tormet

obyknven

Awesome link. DSA & Realms of Arkania rule.

Anyway, the lad was the Producer of the game, hence his influence on the overall development of the game was indeed the greatest.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

He mentions Chris & Colin were extremely slow & disorganized designers, and that much more content was created than could be put in the game. Hence, Interplay management pressured him to kindly force them to finish the game... which he hated, so he left Interplay shortly after the beta-phase of the game was completed.

It seems that without Guido's Deutsche Gr

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Anyway, the lad was the Producer of the game, hence his influence on the overall development of the game was indeed the greatest.

A person's title does not automatically reflect their influence on the project or team. This is especially true in the game industry, where titles change from company to company.

A person's title does not automatically reflect their influence on the project or team. This is especially true in the game industry, where titles change from company to company.

Should I interpret this answer as a simple clarification or as a thinly veiled 'that guy is SO full of ****' ?

Should I interpret this answer as a simple clarification or as a thinly veiled 'that guy is SO full of ****' ?

Interpret it however you like, but be mindful of the fact that Sawyer's title on PS:T was "Web Monkey."

Maybe the truth is he couldn't handle all the negative backlash from his picture on the box cover.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

what happened to Black Isle when Guido left Interplay?

"Torn" - unreleased - EPIC FAIL.

"Van Buren" - unreleased - EPIC FAIL.

"Black Hound" - unreleased - EPIC FAIL.

in Obsidian:

"SW: KOTOR2" - unfinished, lots of bugs - FAIL

"NWN2 OC" - unfinished, lots of bugs - FAIL

"NWN2 MotB" - worse than Planescape.

"NWN2 SoZ" - simple FAIL

"Alien RPG" - unreleased - EPIC FAIL

"Alfa Protocol" yet unreleased - FAIL

Meanwhile "Drakensang"(cool, original, not sequel) released by Guido Henkel - MEGA WIN!!!

Looks like someone just does not know how to work.

EDIT: How can Alpha Protocol be considered a fail when no one has even played it yet?

The decisions regarding any of the cancelled BIS games were made by the suits at Interplay, and Herve Cain is a jerk.

I personally found Drakensang to be bland and generic and boring. But, to each their own.

Edited by mr insomniac

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Torment - Didn't sell particularly well. Barely enough to turn a profit over time.

Drakensang - Don't know how it did, but it was boring and poorly written. It hasn' recieved much hype, so I doubt it sold much more than Torment.

Kotor 2 - sold millions of copies.

Nwn 2 - sold millions of copies.

Motb - sold well enough to warrant a second expansion and was way, way better than Drakensang.

SoZ - was an interesting expansion that added many interesting new elements to NwN 2. Did what it set out to do perfectly. Also had better writing than Drakensang.

Alpha Protocol - A game that feels interesting and fresh. Also a game which has the publishers support.

We shouldn't forget the IWD-series either, which sold better than Torment as well. So it seems to me like Bis/Obsidian has been doing fine without Henkel.

That is not to say they would have done worse with him. I'm sure he is good at what he does.

EDIT: How can Alpha Protocol be considered a fail when no one has even played it yet?

Again delayed - FAIL.

The decisions regarding any of the cancelled BIS games were made by the suits at Interplay, and Herve Cain is a jerk.

A bad workman quarrels with his tools.

Again delayed - FAIL.

Hmmm... I'll reserve judgement til I play it at least.

Errrmmm... so is Interplay the bad workman or the tools? I'll agree that Herve Caen (yes I misspelled his name before) is a tool, but I've said enough about him. If Interplay is the workman, does that mean the tools are at fault, or the workman is inept?

Errrmmm... so is Interplay the bad workman or the tools? I'll agree that Herve Caen (yes I misspelled his name before) is a tool, but I've said enough about him. If Interplay is the workman, does that mean the tools are at fault, or the workman is inept?

Interplay is tools, BIS is bad workman. Ili kak govorjat u nas v Rossii: "Chrenovomu tancoru vsegda jajica meshajut". Togda Interplay - jajica, а BIS - chrenoviji tancor. :p

Ili kak govorjat u nas v Rossii: "Chrenovomu tancoru vsegda jajica meshajut". Togda Interplay - jajica, а BIS - chrenoviji tancor. :p
Что?

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

sold millions of copies.

A million flies can't be wrong - eat ****.

I'm just arguing that a game that sells millions of copies can harldy be considered a fail. Especially when you say Drakensang is a win, a game which sold less, had worse writing and was incredibly boring. Maybe it had little better graphics, but I'm not even sure I think that.

A game that sells millions is not a fail for a commercial company. I don't know how well Drakensang did, but I have a hunch that if an Obsisidan game had those numbers, it would definitely be considered a failure.

(I think that games are cheaper to make in Europe though, so the ROI on Drakensang was probably pretty decent)

...lots o' good peoples left BIS o'er the years 'afore theys had ta shut the doors cuz o' Herve's idiocy; shyte happens in the gamin' industry...Guido can pat hisself on the back if'n he likes, but it only gonna git 'im a sore shoulder after a while... :p

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

(I think that games are cheaper to make in Europe though, so the ROI on Drakensang was probably pretty decent)

I seriously doubt that, certainly not Europe as a whole!

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif