Escapist's March Mayhem, vote Obsidian!

Oblarg

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/rea...?page=4#5445463

It's really, really close. Don't let Capcom win.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

This is ridiculously close.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

I'm in the approach, five by five.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm in the approach, five by five.

Registered, voted, commented.

We are currently thirty behind, you jackanapes. MOVE!

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'd vote Capcom if I could be arsed. The Resident Evil series alone justifys this. Voting Obsidian is a bit like giving the Nobel peace prize to a newly elected president.

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

I'd vote Capcom if I could be arsed. The Resident Evil series alone justifys this. Voting Obsidian is a bit like giving the Nobel peace prize to a newly elected president.

You're saying voting obsidian mocks and denigrates both Nelson Mandela's torture, imprisonment, and heroic forgiveness of his enemies?

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

I'd say the Resident Evil series is probably the best reason not to vote Capcom. Better reasons to vote Capcom would be Devil May Cry or Street Fighter.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I'd say the Resident Evil series is probably the best reason not to vote Capcom. Better reasons to vote Capcom would be Devil May Cry or Street Fighter.

If the best reason to vote Capcom is Streetfighter then Capcom should be kicked off a cliff.

-Elwood Blues

Bloody Philistine.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Its interesting that the vote is so close, IMO. Over the years CAPCOM has had a number of popular games and series to its credit:

Street Fighter

Darkstalkers

Power Stone

Viewtiful Joe

Resident Evil

Devil May Cry

Megaman

Breath of Fire

Final Fight

Ghouls n Goblins

Bionic Commando

Dungeons and Dragons: Tower of Doom/Shadow over Mystara

Monster Hunter

Omnimusha

Dead Rising

Lost Planet

A testament to either Obsidian's reception amid gamers, or an indication of a diehard following?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

You're saying voting obsidian mocks and denigrates both Nelson Mandela's torture, imprisonment, and heroic forgiveness of his enemies?

That is exactly what I'm saying.

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

Wierd, I can't vote, even logged in.

Logged in and can't vote.. hm...

Poll seems to be closed now. Capcom won the poll by 47 votes. Still need to see what the final tally is though with the bonus votes and any double votes removed.

Edited by Deraldin

Similar thing happened last year with Relic. They were seeded as 8th (I think) and ended up making it to the final four where things tied three times before the guys who made D&D online finally won.

They officially didn't make it, even so they would probably have been thwarted because their next opponent was Bethesda, and as Obsidian hasn't had much in the way of games out recently, I'd guess bethsoft would win.

Although it's gonna be clash of the titans as Bunjie takes on Blizzard.

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I didn't realize Turbine was such a favorite over there. That's great.

Also, DDO is not exactly there strongest property. Asheron's Call was a major player back in the day, and LotR Online is probably their cash cow.