Does Obsidian make JRPG?

obyknven

Hello all!

Obsidian, make to me Muramasa-like fighting-rpg with cool look. In 2D sideview. With dialogues as in Planescape. Protagonist - a demon, as in the book "Bring Me the Head of Prince Charming" by Robert Sheckley and Roger Zelazny. Pleeaaaase!!!! :sorcerer:

P. S. 3d sucks >_< !

Edited by obyknven

Hey, maybe they could reinvigorate the whole genre?

I would love a satirical JRPG made by a western developer, containing all the common JRPG tropes, but also having a serious message. Hmm, kind of like Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden...

Or maybe a JRPG made in western RPG style to really bring out the differences? Seriously, we need more self-referential games that aren't totally ridiculous like Matt Hazard, but more like NOLF. Way too many games take themselves too seriously these days.

Edited by Purkake

I would love a satirical JRPG made by a western developer, containing all the common JRPG tropes, but also having a serious message. Hmm, kind of like Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden...

Or maybe a JRPG made in western RPG style to really bring out the differences? Seriously, we need more self-referential games that aren't totally ridiculous like Matt Hazard, but more like NOLF. Way too many games take themselves too seriously these days.

Yeah, there's that high school hentai sim with Monkey Island-like combat that Avellone always seems to be putting off working on, for some reason.

Just give it some time.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

How about a game that has different protagonists from different cultures, one being Asian and the other more western. Whenever you get put into the POV of one of the protagonists the control style changes as well. JRPG format with the Asian, Western style for the other guy. If you have them in the same party for a bit you get weirdness.

• 3 weeks later...