Questions, questions

i have two questions...

1. this is probably a question that every1 knows it would be the answer "yes", but i just want to make sure... I know u can dual wield smgs, but can u dual wield pistols?

2. when u are customizing your guns, lets say you want a scope on your assualt rifle, how many scopes can you choose from?

-thanks-

Apologies if this has already been discussed but will there be a pre realease demo ?

Also is this game open world i know there are different places to visit but can they be explored or is it you just choose missions from your safe house then it jumps straight into the action

And whilst this may be a stretch is there any vehicles in game or vehicle combat scenes?

LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS GAME MORE THEN EVER :-:):)

Edited by mxfighter gr

You can only duel-wield SMGs, and you have to duel-wield them.

No idea how many scopes though.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

No dual-wielding pistols unfortunately. I thought it kind of a wierd decision.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

Two-gun mojo is pure cinema... But it does look so good as shown many times in HK Action films.. :*

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Unknown; probably more up to Sega than it is to Obsidian.

Mission-centered structure; no "open world" exploring. (You're a spy-- you're there to complete your objective, not to stop and chitchat with shopkeepers and rescue kittens in trees.)

No. From the videos we've seen, vehicles show up in cutscenes, but not under player control. While vehicle chase scenes are indeed a staple of the spy genre, IMO, games tend to be better when they focus on their core gameplay rather than add in extras like vehicle missions.

A demo would be great. Certainly a way to advertise the game.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

You can't dual-wield pistols, sorry! Pistols in AP are really meant to be stealthy/sneaky weapons instead of what you'd use for room-clearing or guns-blazing action.

I don't have a number on the scopes in my head, but there are plenty of different sights and scopes to choose from, alongside all the other varieties of mods for all your weapons that you can buy and sell.

Matthew Rorie

Given the mission based structure a demo could probably be done relatively easily, though it probably still would not be a trivial amount of work unless there's a trade demo or similar already done.

I think the challenge is designing one that highlights the level of reactivity that makes the game unique. You need a mission fairly early on that isn't too backstory-dependent, too spoilerific, or too sensitive to decisions Thorton has made earlier in the game, and that features some meaningful feedback on your decisions within the mission itself. Maybe a pairing of 1 dialogue-only mission and 1 ops mission would work. But I don't know if the game as designed has any missions that would fit that profile.

thanks, and i was just wondering about the pistols cus i was picking out the weapons im gonna use when the game comes out :p

i wanted to ask cus i was trying to decide if i should have dual-wielding smgs or dual-wielding pistols.

Pistols are great if you want to be sneaky - they're relatively quiet, can equip silencers, and are pretty precise, letting you make headshots if you get up close to someone without being seen. SMGs, on the other hand, are great for taking down groups of enemies at close range, provided you don't mind everyone else in the area hearing you - they're loud, but powerful.

So I guess it depends on your play-style. :)

Matthew Rorie

Honestly I think most gamers won't care about reactivity in a demo, just the appearance of choice. You don't even need the promise of consequences down the road - the average gamer's understanding of choice and consequence begins and ends with the choice. I see tons of people lauding the choices you make in Mass Effect even when there's no resolution to the choices in the game itself. If you had a demo that let you get to the arms dealer, for example, having the demo end with that branching situation will be a good enough pull.

Edited by Pop

thanks, and i was just wondering about the pistols cus i was picking out the weapons im gonna use when the game comes out :)

i wanted to ask cus i was trying to decide if i should have dual-wielding smgs or dual-wielding pistols.

Pistols are great if you want to be sneaky - they're relatively quiet, can equip silencers, and are pretty precise, letting you make headshots if you get up close to someone without being seen. SMGs, on the other hand, are great for taking down groups of enemies at close range, provided you don't mind everyone else in the area hearing you - they're loud, but powerful.

So I guess it depends on your play-style. :)

Can you be relatively stealthy with a pistol without using a silencer? I roleplay a lot when I play my RPGs, and the character I have in mind isn't one to use a silencer, but isn't one to go guns blazing either. Can I make a character that sneaks around, but also can start a firefight when **** hits the fan without being forced to shoot through the rest of the mission?

In short, can you get a good balance between stealth and firepower when going through a mission, or is it pretty much one or the other?

Edited by Oblarg

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

I think u can have one of each weapon type on you during missions (Mass Effect Style). At the very least I'm sure you can have a pistol, smgs, then either a shotgun or a rifle. But in all honesty I'm almost certain u can have one of each gun type during a mission.

Actually now that I think about it may depend on ur armor/clothing. Certain gear may have a certain number of slots for weapons....

Now Im confused.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

I think u can have one of each weapon type on you during missions (Mass Effect Style). At the very least I'm sure you can have a pistol, smgs, then either a shotgun or a rifle. But in all honesty I'm almost certain u can have one of each gun type during a mission.

Actually now that I think about it may depend on ur armor/clothing. Certain gear may have a certain number of slots for weapons....

Now Im confused.

I remember reading that you can only take two types of weapons on a mission.

I wish I could carry only a pistol, tbh. Would be more fitting for my character's image.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Can you be relatively stealthy with a pistol without using a silencer? I roleplay a lot when I play my RPGs, and the character I have in mind isn't one to use a silencer, but isn't one to go guns blazing either. Can I make a character that sneaks around, but also can start a firefight when **** hits the fan without being forced to shoot through the rest of the mission?

In short, can you get a good balance between stealth and firepower when going through a mission, or is it pretty much one or the other?

There are tons of stealth options so u'll definitely get to sneak around and take out baddies without being noticed.

And if ur totally not a friend of the silencer then I believe you'll be happy to hear that equipping sub-sonic rounds is an option.

As far as being forced to "go load" for the rest of the mission once ur cover is blown. I can't give u a definite answer but I'd guess that if ur stealth skills are maxed u'll be able to sneak off the enemies radar.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

You can't dual-wield pistols, sorry! Pistols in AP are really meant to be stealthy/sneaky weapons instead of what you'd use for room-clearing or guns-blazing action.

I don't have a number on the scopes in my head, but there are plenty of different sights and scopes to choose from, alongside all the other varieties of mods for all your weapons that you can buy and sell.

Will we be able to have a simple laser sight for a pistol, or are we stuck with the pistol scopes?

Hey, I just want a 50 cal sniper. Silence if you want, but nothing beats long range assassination.

1.is it possible at any point in game to own every single gun?

2.is there a carry over system when starting a second play through will all gear and equiment be there or do you start from scratch

EDITED QUESTION:how do you get money i assume you complete missions and are given cash but are there any other ways to make $$$

CANT WAIT FOR THIS GAME!!!

:woot:8):lol:

Edited by mxfighter gr