What Are You Playing Now?

Finally finished Wolfenstein, very good game except for the boss battles, I skipped the final boss completely. And the checkpoint system, while generally well implemented, probably made me take at least twice as long to finish as a save anytime would.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Lord of the Realms2, which I had to install on my old XP computer since Win7 wouldn't even get to the 'preparing to install' screen.

...it's old, but I still love it.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

assassins creed 2

left 4 dead 2

finishing up my second playthrough of dragon age

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Lord of the Realms2, which I had to install on my old XP computer since Win7 wouldn't even get to the 'preparing to install' screen.

It took me forever to figure out that cows were nothing but a huge trap. Farming cows sucks up all your resources. -_-

It took me forever to figure out that cows were nothing but a huge trap. Farming cows sucks up all your resources. :lol:

Hehe...trying to do all cows is pretty difficult, the grain is much faster.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

MotB, just bashed Rainbow Bear's (where's the Carebear Stare?) head in.

Congrats, you just killed the coolest party member. :lol:

The dialogue devolved into a fight automatically after a successful diplomacy check, and the game said Okku escaped, so... no, I didn't?

Another round of Dragon Age. Trying out the human noble origin. It was pretty good. So far I have tried the city elf and the elf mage origins. All three are pretty good story telling about your background.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Wait, people actually watch the story in God of War?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I was looking to get it with the THQ collection set, heck it was the main reason because I've had difficulty finding it.

Would you mind making a few comments about how you found it, gameplay etc? Am looking for a fun, old-skool H&S to play after DA.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

Well it's a bit since I played it, but it was mostly an okay Hack & Slash.

Character creation is straight forward, and you get into the action immediately. The world is also without sections or loading screens, the killing feels very good (though not as satisfying as Diablo), the interface is clean and easy to pick up.... Quests are, well, dull, but they handle their function.

Well, I can't think of anything that was bad or bothered me about the game, just that it was one of the better Diablo clones. Though I never finished it, because it lacked the addicting nature and brilliance of a Diablo. Overall I can recommend it if you're into hack & slash games, just don't expect that you're actually gonna finish it.

Edit: I see you can get the game for 10 pounds at Direct2Drive.

Edit2: There's also a playable demo to try before buy.

Edited by Morgoth

^ thanks, that was v helpful.

Actually, it was me playing Titan Quest, still am, because it's so bloody long. i've actually only been to the Hellas section of the game and it's been pretty stellar for a hack'n'slash.

The game's brilliance actually boils down to two simple things: The classless system and the great atmosphere. Titan Quest has a leveling system where while you do put points into basic five stats(str, dex, int, hp, mp), the game also has a skill tree system that emulates Diablo 2 rather rogueishly. Once get your first skill points, you choose a skill mastery from among 9 choices(the elements, dream, spirit, defense, warfare, rogue, hunting, nature) which opens up a skill tree that contains ascending tiers of passive and active abilities. Once you hit level 8, you'll get a second, the final one, mastery and the complete "class" is called something like a thane(warfare + storm) or a corsair(defense + rogue), etc. It's an elegant system and gives hope to replayability, which is good since the world is just one long pipe.

Fortunately that pipe oozes ancient atmosphere and good old dungeon hack gloria like an eldrtich thing oozes miasma! I guess I could go into the masteries a bit, noting how they open up different combat styles(warfare gives you two-weapon fighting, etc) and support different class synergies, but you'll find out about it soon enough.

Get it nao.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds