Help With EaW

kingofsquid

I need some help. On EaW: Forces of Corruption, I have gotten to the part where my task is to "build a ground force including Tyber Zann and Urai Fen, and move it to Bespin to begin a ground battle". Now, I have built the force, moved it to bespin orbit, and tried to drop it on the ground, but it stays in orbit. Will not move into Ground Spot. At all. Help, please, because I really enjoy this campaign and want to see the Eclipse.

Edited by kingofsquid

check exactly what it wants you to do, I think there was one time where i had a similar problem and my foible was that I had to take only tyber and his pal in and nobody else. Of course I'm operating on knowledge from a few years ago.

if in doubt, check Gamefaqs.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Um, have you taken the space orbiting the system? I know that the Zhan faction can shunt forces onto the ground without taking the space but I think in order to trigger the mission you need to hit the space above Bespin and take it before throwing your army (with all of your heroes) to attack.

Also faq: http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/932730/57362

Edited by Calax

Well, Anybody know where the save file is, since I already ran through the files, and I really don't know what the crap I am sposed to be lookin for.

On XP try:

"C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Petroglyph\Empire At War\Save"

On Vista try either:

"C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Petroglyph\Empire At War\Save"

Or:

"C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Empire At War\Save"

I think those paths are correct - if not then I'll install the game again and see if I can find the correct one. :)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Um, have you taken the space orbiting the system? I know that the Zhan faction can shunt forces onto the ground without taking the space but I think in order to trigger the mission you need to hit the space above Bespin and take it before throwing your army (with all of your heroes) to attack.

In this case, It told me to make a GROUND force. Everytime I have seen tasks that say to build a ground force, the planet has no space opposition, so :)

And how do you back up saves???????

You find the files and copy, not cut, them to a new location. :)

What location exactly? A new folder? HELP?

Anywhere "safe". Just as an example, I have a folder on my HDD dedicated to backing up saved games, named things like K:\Saved Games\BGII\ etc. where I copy the saved games from various games (BG II in the example) from time to time. Windows crashes and burns every now and then and need reinstalling. I usually take a long time finishing games, so I back up the progress occasionally from games in progress :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

In this case, It told me to make a GROUND force. Everytime I have seen tasks that say to build a ground force, the planet has no space opposition, so :)

still, just build a ship and throw it into orbit.