So, Is this game delayed or not?

Go on Amazon.ca and see for yourself. I bet in a couple of days you'll see the same on Amazon.com and everywhere else. Retailers don't change release dates unless the publisher tells them unofficially.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

They probably did, but not everyone is going to run out and do it immediately, it's not like AP is MW2. Like I said, wait a couple of days, we've already seen 2 retailers with the same June date, that's more than a coincidence.

Edit: Also on EBGames, which is gamestop (I can't reach gamestop website but see for yourself) http://www.ebgames.com/browse/search.aspx?...lpha%20protocol

Case closed, vaporware! ;)

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Go on Amazon.ca and see for yourself. I bet in a couple of days you'll see the same on Amazon.com and everywhere else. Retailers don't change release dates unless the publisher tells them unofficially.

That is normally the way I have seen delays go down as well. One or two retailers will be reported to have changed the date, then a few days go by and a few more will change the date and so on and so forth until we ultimately get the official word. Not saying this is going to be the case here, but I am pretty much expecting it. They have not even released a gameplay video since about late July or so, let alone confirmed a release date yet.

Edited by ironcreed

Probably Sega got to play the first Release Candidate and figured they don't like it, so they give Obsidian another half year time to dumb it more down.

:( Depressing thought.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

They probably did, but not everyone is going to run out and do it immediately, it's not like AP is MW2. Like I said, wait a couple of days, we've already seen 2 retailers with the same June date, that's more than a coincidence.

Edit: Also on EBGames, which is gamestop (I can't reach gamestop website but see for yourself) http://www.ebgames.com/browse/search.aspx?...lpha%20protocol

Case closed, vaporware! :(

Given they've been actively demoing the game, it clearly isn't vapourware.

I hope not. Amazon.com has some trailers on the AP page that I hadn't seen before. Made me even more stoked to play this game.

EDIT: slow internet connection. that was a reply to alanschu's comment.

Edited by mr insomniac

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Goddamn I hope Matthew could give us just a small hint.
Maybe he's not keen on getting himself torn apart. On a forum. Somehow.

Not by me, mind you.

Edited by Oner

Boom, Gamestop has moved the date until 6/1/2010. I saw it coming from a mile away. Time to go cancel the preorder.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDet...roduct_id=70790

*Edit- sorry Wrath of Dagon, did not see your edit.

You don't need to keep updating us that you're canceling your preorder.

Who asked you, pal? I just mentioned it because it is all but too obvious that the game is now delayed. I have been just as excited for this game as anyone and was holding out until I knew for certain that it was going to be delayed. No need to damage control like a fanboy just because I have been looking at the situation for how it is. I still fully intend to buy the game whenever it does release.

Boom, Gamestop has moved the date until 6/1/2010. I saw it coming from a mile away. Time to go cancel the preorder.

Who asked you, pal? I just mentioned it because it is all but too obvious that the game is now delayed. I have been just as excited for this game as anyone and was holding out until I knew for certain that it was going to be delayed. No need to damage control like a fanboy just because I have been looking at the situation for how it is. I still fully intend to buy the game whenever it does release.

Who asked you about the status of your preorder, pal?

I'm hardly a "fanboy" for the game. I'm excited for it, but you've been constantly reiterating that you have a preorder and that you're going to cancel it if it's been delayed. We get it. Unless you're trying to subtly send a message of "Well, the game has been delayed and you've lost my money now in the meantime as a result" to someone (which is really what it seems like you're trying to do to be honest). Heck, because of the volatile nature of game releases is specifically why I rarely preorder (and even then, usually only after a Gold confirmation).

As for a delay, it wouldn't surprise me. When they're doing behind closed doors screenings of the game at PAX, it's a bit unusual so close to release.

I'd bet on the second. Edit: Why Sega would want to finace another 8 months of development is beyond me, probably letting us down gently.

If the game was being canceled, they'd just cancel it. It'd eliminate the need to provide lip service for the game.

Edited by alanschu

If it is delayed that much then I think the game will be in even worse shape (speaking from a financial point of view). The game is already getting ragged on a bit by the mainstream because of the graphics, and it'd be even worse 8 months from now (unless they decide to revamp the graphics entirerely of course).

I also have a hard time seeing SEGA somehow putting a ton of cash into an ad campaign that much later. Because while Alpha Protocol is still very much under the radar, like others have mentioned there have been ads in magazines, there have been fairly extensive coverage of the gameplay in previews etc.

A month or two wouldn't phase me that much, but if it's truly delayed until well into next year then it'll be a real disappointment.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Who asked you about the status of your preorder, pal?

I'm hardly a "fanboy" for the game. I'm excited for it, but you've been constantly reiterating that you have a preorder and that you're going to cancel it if it's been delayed. We get it. Unless you're trying to subtly send a message of "Well, the game has been delayed and you've lost my money now in the meantime as a result" to someone (which is really what it seems like you're trying to do to be honest). Heck, because of the volatile nature of game releases is specifically why I rarely preorder (and even then, usually only after a Gold confirmation).

As for a delay, it wouldn't surprise me. When they're doing behind closed doors screenings of the game at PAX, it's a bit unusual so close to release.

I'd bet on the second. Edit: Why Sega would want to finace another 8 months of development is beyond me, probably letting us down gently.

If the game was being canceled, they'd just cancel it. It'd eliminate the need to provide lip service for the game.

If my mentioning of canceling my preorder bothers you so much, maybe you should skip my posts instead of being an ass and acting as if my saying so offended you personally in some way. I merely mentioned it in passing a few times while discussing what is going on with the game. There was no ulterior motive behind my doing so, as you are so foolishly suggesting.