What are you playing now?

SteveThaiBinh

Finally playing through Deus Ex. (...) This game is fantastic.
Another poor soul has been shown the light, all is well.

My life now has meaning. Although I won't lie: I would very much appreciate better graphics, maybe a mod will do.

- High-resolution mod for characters

- High-resolution mod for levels

You're welcome! :(

Does it make the effects better? As in, the bullet impacts, blood, explosions, etc...?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I don't know sure, but probably not since they are not mentioned as far as i can tell.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

A shame. My main gripe with the graphics is the effects. :(

Still an awesome game.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Finally playing through Deus Ex. First things first: I am failing at it. It seems people don't like when most of my techniques turn out to be "snipe the guards in the head" and the other agents keep calling me out on it. It's a good thing, but if tranq darts weren't so inneffective I might stop using brute force. Not to mention the game is already pretty difficult.

Other than that, there are so many options! Just talking to a random kid opened up a whole other way to infiltrate the castle, and even then I had at least two other ways of getting in. This game is fantastic.

Tranq darts are ridiculously effective. Most guys just need a single one to take them down. You just need to wait until the dart has done it's work. If you can hide out of sight, the enemy has no chance. It's easily my preferred weapon for the first couple of levels.

its getting good reviews (nhl 10)

do you have to be a hockey fan to enjoy it?

i dont like sports but I have enjoyed a few sports games over the years. fun gameplay is fun gameplay.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Ooooo.

Time to cash in my free game I think!

You lucky son of a-

I want to play DA too!

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

I hope to be playing NHL 10 in a few hours.

I got it. Pretty good so far, though in the online mode it seemed almost impossible to score, me and the other guy each had about 25 shots on goal but it was 0-0 all the way into the shoot out

I buckled and picked it up this morning as well. I'll see you bastards online in a few hours!

Except you Hurlshot:)

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Just got to Hong Kong... and now the voice acting gets worse. Anyways...

It's too bad you have to follow the terrorists. I liked working for Unatco. And now Gunther doesn't like me because I may or may not have shot his girlfriend in the head. :ermm:

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

NHL10 is fantastic on the PS3. I'm not saying it isn't on the 360, I'm just saying if you switch platforms, you won't be missing out.

Not that it matters right now, my internet is terrible, so I couldn't play co-op regardless.

I went through the draft process, managed to go 2nd, but I think I'm going to restart and choose a team, I don't want to play for the Canucks. Also, the GM mode looks intriguing. I'll have to pull off the Heatley trade though.

Finally playing through Deus Ex. First things first: I am failing at it. It seems people don't like when most of my techniques turn out to be "snipe the guards in the head" and the other agents keep calling me out on it. It's a good thing, but if tranq darts weren't so inneffective I might stop using brute force. Not to mention the game is already pretty difficult.

Other than that, there are so many options! Just talking to a random kid opened up a whole other way to infiltrate the castle, and even then I had at least two other ways of getting in. This game is fantastic.

Tranq darts are ridiculously effective. Most guys just need a single one to take them down. You just need to wait until the dart has done it's work. If you can hide out of sight, the enemy has no chance. It's easily my preferred weapon for the first couple of levels.

Also, if you have a high skill and hit them in the head, JC can sometimes drop most enemies in one shot with the tranq darts. Not MJ12 commandos, I don't think. But everything up to and including men in black.

It also works underwater.

Great weapon.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

NHL10 is fantastic on the PS3. I'm not saying it isn't on the 360, I'm just saying if you switch platforms, you won't be missing out.

Not that it matters right now, my internet is terrible, so I couldn't play co-op regardless.

I went through the draft process, managed to go 2nd, but I think I'm going to restart and choose a team, I don't want to play for the Canucks. Also, the GM mode looks intriguing. I'll have to pull off the Heatley trade though.

I was just messing with you, Hurley.

My first shot at the draft I was nearly taken by the Oilers, but with the pick beforehand I was selected by the Blues. After five games, which I notched two goals and assists, and a whack of penalty minutes (I'm not getting the hang of the new fighting, at all) they sent me down to Peoria. So I deleted that file and started in the Oilers organization.

And began the season in the minors.

It seems the same, just with holding on the boards, lol.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I'd add Jagged Alliance 2, Desperados and Homeworld for that strategy-y feel. Also Beyond Good and Evil, Anachronox and The Longest Journey for the sake of awesomeness.

Obviously since JA2 is my favorite game of all time, I play some version of it at least once/twice a year. But I just had to agree that Anachronox is simply awesome! I still drag it out to play, and it's still a blast. I was so bummed to learn that the planned sequel was squashed. :banghead:

Deus Ex is another game I simply must play every few months. Love it!

Edited by ~Di

Also, if you have a high skill and hit them in the head, JC can sometimes drop most enemies in one shot with the tranq darts. Not MJ12 commandos, I don't think. But everything up to and including men in black.

Great weapon.

To be clear, you can drop them in one shot pretty much regardless of where you hit them. You just need to wait for the tranquilizer to put them to sleep. MJ12 commandos are resistant to the poison effect so it's useless on them.

Great weapon.

To be clear, you can drop them in one shot pretty much regardless of where you hit them. You just need to wait for the tranquilizer to put them to sleep. MJ12 commandos are resistant to the poison effect so it's useless on them.

Yes, sorry but i wasn't clear. :facepalm:

I meant the tranq darts can sometimes result in an instant "kill", no running around as the tranq does its thing. In all my playthoughs of Deus Ex, I was never able to figure out how to make those instant drops happen intentionally though.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I don't ever recall that happening, but I never tried for headshots with the tranq darts.

As for what I'm playing, I keep restarting my JA2 1.13 game. Right now I'm going with 6 custom mercs, no Bobby Ray's, on Expert (Insane scares me :shifty:). I am allowed to shop locally though.

I'm not allowed to hire any mercs outside of people already in Arulco.

I do have drop all enabled, though I might turn that off simply to keep my inventory management bearable! At the same time, I need something to take on those effing elites and their G3A3 rifles on Day 3!