Favorite RTS and why do you like it

It is not "that" bad as an FPS but... sigh no need to sugarcoat it I guess; Yes it is that bad as an FPS of 2006. Maybe if it was a 2002 game I could be more gentle but it is a modern game that is worthless.

Also they somehow managed to get rid of all those little bits that gave the game it's unique flavor and make it a brown shooter with ultra dumb AI.

IG. We kick ass and not even take names.

Homeworld, or Homeworld Cataclysm. The homeworld 2 AI punishes you for playing well and rewards you for being a tard. It's called 'adaptive AI' and it completely ruins the single player experience. On the plus side the fleet management works a little better, squadrons instead of single strike craft, easy selection, etc.

funniest part of that was that you could go into the persist.lua files and give yourself a skillion battleships to fend people off then watch your computer slideshow from all the fighters.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

That adaptive AI crap really killed HW2. It was a really good game with a lot of potential but like most or nearly all of the other Relic titles it was left out in the cold without support.

I know that the idea behind the system is solid but it really needed a lot of tweaking to work as a precision instrument (create a capturable ship side mission here if the player has a marine frig, create another patrol here if the player has 2 battleships, create a friendly ship (MIA) reinforcement if player doesn't have X class etc) instead of a blunt approach (Create 4x Player ships here, 1x here and here...) that robs a lot of fun from the game...

Edited by cronicler

IG. We kick ass and not even take names.

Then I remembered correctly, I've been trying to purge the blandness from my mind, but to no avail.

Playing it was like eating a tasteless paste, but the kind that sticks to your mouth and makes other stuff taste bland as well.

Edited by Purkake

Oh I forgot Company of Heroes as well, if you can slog through US D-Day/Army mythomania

The physics and deformable terrain are the best parts of it IMO. Nothing beats blowing a giant hole in a garrisoned building and having someone fly out with the force of the impact.

Oh I forgot Company of Heroes as well, if you can slog through US D-Day/Army mythomania

The only thing I had against that was that it was to small scale.

Thus I'm a Supreme Commander junkie.

The physics and deformable terrain are the best parts of it IMO. Nothing beats blowing a giant hole in a garrisoned building and having someone fly out with the force of the impact.

Its practically a perfect game. If only they had skipped the D-Day bull and gave us some eastern front action.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Its practically a perfect game. If only they had skipped the D-Day bull and gave us some eastern front action.

That would have been a MUCH better 3rd expansion pack.

Did they finally fix the bullets hurting tanks thing? That's when I stopped playing, I think.

That would have been a MUCH better 3rd expansion pack.

Did they finally fix the bullets hurting tanks thing? That's when I stopped playing, I think.

No idea what the issue you are talking about is. I stick to the vanilla + first expansion.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

No idea what the issue you are talking about is. I stick to the vanilla + first expansion.

When the first expansion came out tanks and other armored vehicles took damage from normal bullets, which they didn't before.

Never say I'd noticed it. It was minor to no damage probably?

logosig2.jpg

When the first expansion came out tanks and other armored vehicles took damage from normal bullets, which they didn't before.

Never say I'd noticed it. It was minor to no damage probably?

It was enough damage that a machine gun squad could blow up an armored transport. I think they fixed it, though.

OK, Forces of Corruption (the EoW expansion, duh) is now my favorite game! Hey, um, where is a trustworthy site to get some mods, especially a level editor a la AoE?

Google.com :ermm:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

The big thing about CoH that bugged people was some of the really weird things (like tank shells hitting the rubber tire on the back of an army jeep and bouncing off...)

of course it does have a big head mode so :D