Other MMOs

alanschu

Yep.

Except WoD incorporates mages, werewolves, changelings, fairies, wraiths, hunters, demons (yes, as a playable race), mummies, asian vampires, and last but not least, fan made mad scientists.

Edited by Oner

Sounds like a beast to play balance. I mean, mages and werewolves and ugly bad. Now, if they only allow Vampire players, it won't be so bad. That or make some of the tough guys an elite class you have to earn. I won't get the title, but it's an interesting universe, even if Vamps are becoming sooo played out.

Are you talking about Old World of Darkness (the Bloodlines universe) or New World of Darkness (the MMO)?

Though the concepts are the game, White-Wolf did a major overhaul when it switched to NWoD. You create a Mortal first and then slap on a supernatural template. Werewolves, Mages, and Vampire are the 'base' creatures. Fae, Hunters, Prometheans had a limited run, and Geists are coming up. People are clamoring for a Demon game, but I haven't heard of one yet.

Unlike the oWoD, the base creatures are somewhat balanced.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I only ever read the Vampire books, so I don't know if there's any real balance or not, but I doubt they even tried.
From what I remember, vampires, hunters and (oddly enough) demons were somewhat balanced, with hunters coming out a bit short usually. But Garou and especially the freaking mages... add to that that the mages' thing was "bending reality" as opposed to fixed, codified spells, so I think it would be hard to capture that in a game well. A mess if they tried to have all of them in the same game. Read: awesome fun.

I hate the nWoD.

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I've decided to give AoC another go, to see if the patches etc have improved the game.. it seems alot more balanced now at least, as I'm not being owned at every corner by priets 5 levels lower than me.. And the peple are alot less dickish, I contribute that to massive walk-out of players though.. The ones that are at least RP why they kill me (most of the time).. All in all a better experience actually.

Anyone here play on EU servers? Right now I'm just lonewolfing, which gets kinda boring..

Fortune favors the bald.

Ever played the MMO, Vanguard. I've never played it, but I've heard it's "supposed" to be good.

I thought that one was notoriously bad. :p

Iirc the role playing part of it is good, whatever the reviewer meant by that.

Do the women in LotR wear real clothing/armor? Can they play every available class or race?

To be honest I'm not 100% sure.

You can't play a female dwarf, and that sounds fitting to the lore of the world from what I can understand.