Let's create the worst fantasy setting ever.

Monte Carlo

Have reviewed the thread. Meshugger's titles were awesome, but for a number of reasons (most of them to do with meltdown on my spell-checker) I'm going with Darth InSidious'

Dark Shadows Rising: Hordes of the Narcolich

It's awful, and just right.

Darth wins an NPC cameo within DSR:HotN(L) (I love the acronym, it has just the right level of self-important meta-knowledge one finds on gaming forums). He will probably be either (a) a cute kobold © a minor-level boss villain, altho Lucasarts might sue) or © a cuddly pet owned by a hulking warrior NPC.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

Oh dear >_<

What an awesomely bad title.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Dark Rising Shadow sounds like the coolest CIA plan ever.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I can see it now...

Langley, Virginia - NOW

CIA Analyst: "Sir, we have a new plan to propagate US cultural hegemony."

CIA Senior Intel Dude: "What's that? I'm extremely important and have to create a new Microsoft Excel spreadsheet."

CIA Analyst (drinking lukewarm coffee from 'Dilbert' mug): "We have decided to create the worst fantasy role-playing game setting. Ever."

CIA Senior Intel Dude (looks slightly alarmed): "Who currently has bad fantasy setting superiority?"

CIA Analyst: "The Canadians, sir."

CIA Senior Intel Dude: "Godammit, those sneaky Canucks! Can't we just steal theirs?"

CIA Analyst: "It's not released until October. We need to beat them, stealing it could be construed as an act of aggression."

CIA Senior Intel Dude (looking sternly into the distance and to the tune of The Star Spangled Banner): "Then get to it, dammit! We're Americans, we can acheive anything when we put our collective genius to it! Gather the worst fantasy setting writers ever, offer them whatever they want and sit them in an underground bunker until they're goddam finished! Got that?"

CIA Analyst: "YES SIR!"

---

sonsofgygax.JPG

ROFL @ Monte

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I can see it now...

Langley, Virginia - NOW

CIA Senior Intel Dude: "What's that? I'm extremely important and have to create a new Microsoft Excel spreadsheet."

CIA Analyst (drinking lukewarm coffee from 'Dilbert' mug): "We have decided to create the worst fantasy role-playing game setting. Ever."

CIA Senior Intel Dude (looks slightly alarmed): "Who currently has bad fantasy setting superiority?"

CIA Senior Intel Dude: "Godammit, those sneaky Canucks! Can't we just steal theirs?"

CIA Analyst: "It's not released until October. We need to beat them, stealing it could be construed as an act of aggression."

CIA Senior Intel Dude (looking sternly into the distance and to the tune of The Star Spangled Banner): "Then get to it, dammit! We're Americans, we can acheive anything when we put our collective genius to it! Gather the worst fantasy setting writers ever, offer them whatever they want and sit them in an underground bunker until they're goddam finished! Got that?"

---

They're gonna summon Knaak?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

need an "Age of" in the title.

Hmm. I was thinking an extra colon could really add to the awfulness.

Age of Darkness: Shadows Rising: Hordes of the Narcolich?

This gives the acronym AoD:SR:HotN.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

we should fit as many colons and "of the"'s as we can in the title.

I was thinking: Shadows Rising: The Age of the Hordes of the Narcolich.

I like the overuse of "of the"

Dammit, I know we've had our differences but that's brilliant. Do you work at Bioware or something? :grin:

sonsofgygax.JPG

I can see it now...

Langley, Virginia - NOW

---

They're gonna summon Knaak?

And/or Goto. And that yaoi fantard who messed up my Tzimisce novel.

@Monte: L o L

I say: more adjectives!

"Ancient Shadows Rising: the Dark Age of the Relentless Hordes of the Dread Narcolich"

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

There should be a prestige class for cleric/martial types called the Gladys Knight.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

What about Shadow Darkness: Darkness Rising: Hordes of the Narcolich: The

-Elwood Blues

There should be a prestige class for cleric/martial types called the Gladys Knight.

I don't get it.

They've got soul/pun on Eldritch Knight.

nvm - double-post.

Edited by Darth InSidious

What about Shadow Darkness: Darkness Rising: Hordes of the Narcolich: The

how about

Shadow Darkness: Of Darkness Rising: The Hordes of the Narcholich: Born in Darkness?

Four titles in one! Each saying the same thing!

Dammit, I know we've had our differences but that's brilliant. Do you work at Bioware or something? :lol:

Our differences are nothing personal :lol: We both just speak our mind. I respect it, even if I disagree with what you say sometimes.

I guess the next phase is suggesting REALLY AWFUL prestige classes for the Bowl World campaign (DSR:HotNL). Bowl World is the top secret working title, BTW.

We have -

Warrior Maiden of Laaaa

Gladys Knight

Grim Dark Elven Scimitar Ninja

---

Ninjas and katanas clearly have a role in The Worst Fantasy Setting Ever. We aren't necessarily using D&D. In fact, key stats will be -

POWANESS: How much power you have to smite your enemies

HOTNESS: How hot your character looks

AWESOMENESS: How all-round awesome your character is

FLIP-OUT AND KILL PEOPLE-NESS: Your ability to do "Neo-from-the-Matrix" type moves

MAGICALNESS: How much mana you have to fuel youe special moves

Obviously, this is ripped directly form 4E D&D, but am open to suggestions that we actually go to the other extreme and create over-nerdy stat-based, hugely complicated and overblown system where you have stat points for beard length, ability to play cards and pitch a tent.

Will post FAQs soon.

sonsofgygax.JPG