NWN2 problem

ramza

I have found this Head/Hair pack on Nwvault but I do not understand how to install it (and there isn't any instructions anywhere):

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NWN2H...;comment_page=2

Do you think I should drop everything in my Override folder? I have noticed that some files within a same package overwrite each other... Is this how it is supposed to be? Any help will be greatly appreciated! Cheers!

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

But what about the files overwriting each other? Do you think this will cause problems?

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

I'm having a bit of a problem myself... I recently finished SoZ and now went back to MoTB but noticed that the SoZ install apparently disabled the "follow mode" from working and removing voice overs as well - which is annoying since I exclusively use my followers in puppet mode.

Is there a way to remove the SoZ expansion? I do not wish to uninstall & reinstall everything since I have various mods that on occasion took a lot of tweaking time to work.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Does anyone know how I can make the camera rotate around my selected character (in strategy mode) just like we could do in NWN1?

I have tried everything but in vain... There are some things that cannot be seen (behind walls, trees, etc) without being able to rotate the camera.

Concerning the hair/head mods, I have given up using dome of those as they are messing up my game somehow.

I have also installed the BG2 UI and it looks neat!

Does anyone know how I can make the camera rotate around my selected character (in strategy mode) just like we could do in NWN1?

I have tried everything but in vain... There are some things that cannot be seen (behind walls, trees, etc) without being able to rotate the camera.

Concerning the hair/head mods, I have given up using dome of those as they are messing up my game somehow.

I have also installed the BG2 UI and it looks neat!

Hold the middle mouse button(wheel)?

I'm having a bit of a problem myself... I recently finished SoZ and now went back to MoTB but noticed that the SoZ install apparently disabled the "follow mode" from working and removing voice overs as well - which is annoying since I exclusively use my followers in puppet mode.

Is there a way to remove the SoZ expansion? I do not wish to uninstall & reinstall everything since I have various mods that on occasion took a lot of tweaking time to work.

Are you all patched up? IIRC, there was a known bug that caused this problem at release and I thought it had been patched out.

I'm all patched up, apparently it is something that comes with SoZ. No biggie, I just have to manually move my entire party now.

uh, that was his point. this bug came with soz and the patch that came out after fixed it (1.22 patch, i think). unfortunately, i haven't seen this myself so i don't know what it's about.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I meant I have latest 1.22 patch but still have the same 'problem', so I was thinking this bug was not a bug per se but maybe something that was specifically intended for SoZ gameplay. Anyway, it is only a very minor problem.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Ok, I confirm that the camera and interface are simply awful. What was Obsidian thinking? NWN1, despite its wheel thingy, was 1000 times less clunky than NWN2...

Anyway, is there anyway to make the camera scroll less quickly/swiftly? I have set the mouse responsiveness to minimum and the camera still scrolls too quickly (I didn't see any change actually). I always need to adjust it all over again... It's really a pain...

Seriously, Obz made 2 games and both are failures... The first one bugged and unfinished, the second one unplayable because of the camera and interface... geez...

Ok, I confirm that the camera and interface are simply awful. What was Obsidian thinking? NWN1, despite its wheel thingy, was 1000 times less clunky than NWN2...

Anyway, is there anyway to make the camera scroll less quickly/swiftly? I have set the mouse responsiveness to minimum and the camera still scrolls too quickly (I didn't see any change actually). I always need to adjust it all over again... It's really a pain...

Seriously, Obz made 2 games and both are failures... The first one bugged and unfinished, the second one unplayable because of the camera and interface... geez...

I think most people noticed... No idea how to change the scroll.

I didn't like the uniform dungeons and towns with 2 enterable houses, I can live with the camera.

Ok, with some tweaking, I managed to fix the camera and have gotten used to it. The game is more enjoyable now.

I have another problem however with the graphics when I am in character mode... The horizon looks very weird. Is there a way to fix this?

post-727-1244896565_thumb.jpg

Two other bugs I have noticed:

1) Whenever I entered a new area (a house for example) where I was supposed to fight new enemies, they were already dead depriving me from xps!

2) After I dealt with all the raids, I didn't get any cutscene and the elf-guy (when I clicked on him) just told me to go the ruins. When I reached the world map, there weren't any ruins anywhere!

It's a really buggy game... what else awaits me...

1) Whenever I entered a new area (a house for example) where I was supposed to fight new enemies, they were already dead depriving me from xps!

2) After I dealt with all the raids, I didn't get any cutscene and the elf-guy (when I clicked on him) just told me to go the ruins. When I reached the world map, there weren't any ruins anywhere!

Do you actually own a legitimate copy of NWN2? Since you are not posting these questions on the Bio boards, that just makes me think this.

I have played the OC+MotB numerous times and have never ever had these problems you describe.

As for your horizon problem, that is more than likely your video card drivers are not up to date.

Maybe game is trying to tell you something...

I never had any real problems with it, it was just clunky and lame at times.

EDIT: Post your system specs, maybe that will help...

Edited by Purkake

Sony VAIO VGN FE41E series

Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor T5500, 1,66 Ghz

2 Gb RAM

Windows XP, Service Pack 2

Graphics card: NVIDIA Geforce Go 7400 GPU

I am beginning to grow tired with all these bugs...

Do you have any clue about my "horizon issue" (see the picture I attached in my previous post)?

Edited by ramza

Sony VAIO VGN FE41E series

Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor T5500, 1,66 Ghz

2 Gb RAM

Windows XP, Service Pack 2

Graphics card: NVIDIA Geforce Go 7400 GPU

I am beginning to grow tired with all these bugs...

Do you have any clue about my "horizon issue" (see the picture I attached in my previous post)?

The graphics card is on the low end...

The "horizon issue" COULD be graphical artifacts from your GPU overheating, try rising your laptop above the table or giving the vents more space.

I have never had problems when playing Kotor I and II, Jade Empire, The Witcher, and the latest Call of Duty games...

I am currently deleting some script files I have put in my override folder just to see if they are the cause of all my problems...

UPDATE: Removing some of these files fixed the game for me... :))

Some people on the BIO boards told me this concerning the graphical glitches:

It should be remembered that Laptops/Notebooks are not supported by NWN 2. The GO 7400 is simply listed as a GPU that should work, but not garanteed to work properly or provide a good video experience.

But I suspect that you are having issues with artifacting (black or odd colored skyboxes) that may show up as lines across the sky, sometimes with portions of Windows Desktop icons, and such. The graphic anomolies you are seeing are due to the GPU rather than the game.

The minimum requirement for NVIDIA is actually the n600 series of cards for the OC, where n = 6, 7, 8, or 9.

The truth is that I currently have 13 firefox windows open at the same time, with at least 4 tabs each. That may be the cause of my problems...

Edited by ramza

Yet another graphical glitch: both the Yuan-Ti and Gray orc races do not display their appearance correctly. Here is what I mean:

post-727-1244960415_thumb.jpg

Yes, I have updated my game with the latest patch. The files that were causing problems were those of the Impartial Gender Flirting pack (either gender is treated by NPCs as being both male and female), so better avoid this if you have downloaded it...