First Beyond Good And Evil 2 gameplay footage

Was the original any good on PC? Played it briefly on a friend's Gamecube many moons ago and seem to recall it being rather spiffy indeed.

Unless you have a severe aversion to keyboard and mouse, it's awesome.

Intriguing...

May have to purchase it at some point in that case, was more concerned it wouldn't work with the keyboard and mouse combo than anything. Had too many bad experiences regarding control schemes not translating well to another platform :''(

Edited by Daaave

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Intriguing...

May have to purchase it at some point in that case, was more concerned it wouldn't work with the keyboard and mouse combo than anything. Had too many bad experiences regarding control schemes not translating well to another platform :''(

I didn't have any problems. You can also use a gamepad if you want, but you'll need something to make the gamepad keys correspond to keyboard buttons, the game doesn't automatically detect most gamepads.

Also, it's dirt cheap, they were giving it away with cheese(yes cheese) in Canada and you can get it on Steam and Good Old Games.

Only five of my English pounds on Steam it seems, I've got no reason not to try it now really.

Gutted I didn't get it free with cheese though, why do we never get offers like that :(

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Only five of my English pounds on Steam it seems, I've got no reason not to try it now really.

Gutted I didn't get it free with cheese though, why do we never get offers like that :(

You can't have it all.

Now go play it and enjoy it!

I think the biggest problem with the sales of the first one was that the concept when summed up briefly doesn't really appeal to most people. I didn't have much interest in it at first, but after hearing repeatedly how great it was, and not having anything to play at the time, tried it and it won me over. People who don't follow games as closely would likely never bother with it.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

It was also one of those "not so hot" graded B titles at the time. I'm not sure but being released near a lot "Big Name" titles like Prince, Lara etc with a really small marketing slowed the game's initial sales. It was the word of mouth and viral advertising that made a lot of people become aware of it.

If my memory is not deceiving me, I became aware of the game reading about it on a random post in a game magazine's (from my own country) board by chance.

Sure the game probably would never rival the "BIG NAMES" (use a gothic loud voice) even with decent advertising but at lest it wouldn't need to crawl and bleed to survive. (Not to mention Devs selling organs; robbing federal vaults; sacrificing virgins, and kittens, and virgin kittens and other things :()

Edited by cronicler

IG. We kick ass and not even take names.

It was also one of those "not so hot" graded B titles at the time. I'm not sure but being released near a lot "Big Name" titles like Prince, Lara etc with a really small marketing slowed the game's initial sales. It was the word of mouth and viral advertising that made a lot of people become aware of it.

If my memory is not deceiving me, I became aware of the game reading about it on a random post in a game magazine's (from my own country) board by chance.

Sure the game probably would never rival the "BIG NAMES" (use a gothic loud voice) even with decent advertising but at lest it wouldn't need to crawl and bleed to survive. (Not to mention Devs selling organs; robbing federal vaults; sacrificing virgins, and kittens, and virgin kittens and other things :()

It's one of the few games that I bought back then when it came out. It was like 30 Euros.

I guess I liked the cover and wasn't plugged into the evil internet hivemind.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

They don't really anything too good coming up either:

• 2009 + 2010

• Avatar (PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)

• I Am Alive (PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)

• Red Steel 2 (Wii)

• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Smash-Up (Wii)

• Tenchu: Shadow Assassins (Wii, PSP)

• R.U.S.E. (PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)

• Rabbids Go Home (Wii)

• Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes (Nintendo DS)

• Assassin's Creed II (PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)

• Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines (PSP)

• Ghost Recon 4

• Academy of Champions (Wii)

• Your Shape (Wii)

• C.O.P. The Recruit (Nintendo DS)

• The Price is Right (PC, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS)

• Press Your Luck (PC, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS)

• Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction (PC, Xbox 360)

• Silent Hunter 5 (PC)

Guest Slinky

Oh man, when I saw Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes (Nintendo DS) on that list, for a blink of an eye I thought it was a sequel for Dark Messiah >_<

They don't really anything too good coming up either:

• 2009 + 2010

[*] I Am Alive (PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)

I Am Alive sounds ok. I Am Alive FAQ

If it ever comes out...

Still putting BG&E2 on hold was a horrible move, unless they want to only sell the petz titles and rabbids...

It's like giving the finger to the hardcore people.

Edited by Purkake