First Beyond Good And Evil 2 gameplay footage

Haha, I don't remember whether I got that pearl at all, just that it was a pain to try to get it. Imo, there's too much shooting going on. Also frigging realistic look, did anyone see any half-humans or unusual transportation? I hope they can make it worthwhile for us to save poor Pey'j.

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Haha, I don't remember whether I got that pearl at all, just that it was a pain to try to get it. Imo, there's too much shooting going on. Also frigging realistic look, did anyone see any half-humans or unusual transportation? I hope they can make it worthwhile for us to save poor Pey'j.

Its almost certainly a different planet. Hillys was a water world. All the media so far point to a desert environment.

There were even more shooting in the old game. They were colorful death-bolts thou. This new game will suffer from the dust color and close to real looks it seems.

The enforcers / police did not look quite 100% human to me but that may be because of their armor style too. And no, except the Boots, I haven't seen any non human yet in this or the old trailer.

Also It might be my own grumbles but it feels as if they skipped the whole BG&E 2 storyline and jumped to +n years later in a different planet story. The Girl and the Pig is there but... How...

Edited by cronicler

IG. We kick ass and not even take names.

What are you babbling about? Two teasers and we know that entire game will have a "dust color" despite the fact that was a damn colorful teaser and there wont be any anthros cause why? Who even knows if this is the only planet? Maybe there is a reason we only saw humans.

Edited by Promethean

Maybe you'll have to visit various planets in the sequel, and the particular planet in the trailer has humans as dominant population?

Hillys could be the 'home turf' then, where you return after each planet mission and buy starkos & k-bups, upgrades, etc. Heck, I definitely want to see those rhinos and the orphaned kids again.

Considering Pey'j's 'affliction', I think +n years later is impossible - the affliction seemed rather urgent on Double H.

Hopefully we'll get at least a token of information on the plot in the near future..

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Michel Ancel is seriously a good designer (and artist). I hope they keep the light-hearted tone in BGE2 as well, and don't turn Jade into a silly Lara Craft action heroine.

She's the character Faith from ME wanted to be. I dont think Ancel can make a generic action character. His games have too much life and flair.

"We saw with Beyond Good & Evil that so many customers were extremely happy with the game," said Guillemot. "We had a different audience at that time. We had more core gamers than casual gamers than we have today.

"We think the game was probably a little too difficult for the general gamers at that time. We're going to make it more accessible and make sure that it's really done for the new generation that's come into videogames."

-- Yves Guillemot, Ubisoft CEO

:p

Weird feeling, to make the game more in line with the general public, they will have to make the game play better and more complex (Parkour; Ala Edge and PoP style) while Ancel is still free to tell his story. I guess the stars were in alignment this time for a change!

Moving around vertical surfaces, jumping around complexity is what I tried to mean. The basic BG&E had just basic platform elements like jump, crouch, roll and hold onto edge. It used them creatively but I can see they might have been boring for the mass market.

The first game was really simple in actions and abilities. That part is going to get/getting more complex.

And on the subject of PoP, the wall movement was still nice. No comment on the rest of the game :p

The first game was really simple in actions and abilities. That part is going to get/getting more complex.

Sounds good, as long as they keep the variety in gameplay. That was what compensated for the simplicity.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Thanks, the Kotaku video didn't work for me for some reason. That video does look too realistic and complex, part of the appeal of the first game was its simplicity, hopefully they won't mess it up. There was a similar escape sequence in the original btw, it wasn't all stealth.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Let's remember that the first one, for all its quality, did not do well in sales. I never expected there to be a sequel. I have no problem with them making the gameplay more Assassin's Creed or Prince of Persia like. I assume that BG&E2 was only made with the understanding that the lead designer would make sure it was 'marketable.'

For me, the biggest appeal is the plot, characters, and setting. I trust that the game will deliver on all three.

Just, please, no quick time combat events.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

He didnt work on any of the Rabbid games. He only came up with the characters and the concept. His Rabbids game, a platformer starring Rayman, was never made.

Ancel didn't work on any of the Rayman since the second then... it worked out just fine for Rayman 3 (LOVE that game :banghead: Andr

Let's remember that the first one, for all its quality, did not do well in sales. I never expected there to be a sequel. I have no problem with them making the gameplay more Assassin's Creed or Prince of Persia like. I assume that BG&E2 was only made with the understanding that the lead designer would make sure it was 'marketable.'

For me, the biggest appeal is the plot, characters, and setting. I trust that the game will deliver on all three.

Just, please, no quick time combat events.

The first one failing was as much the fault of Ubisoft as it was the game's. They sacrificed BG&E by releasing SoT at the same point and putting all their marketing behind that game. After King Kong (which only came to be because Jackson was a fan of BG&E) and the creation of the Rabbids, which lead to three million sellers and a hot new franchise, I think Ancel is getting to do his thing. Especially since it seems they are getting a new engine out of it.

Was the original any good on PC? Played it briefly on a friend's Gamecube many moons ago and seem to recall it being rather spiffy indeed.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.