Russia

waiveddreams

Do you like Russia?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Russia?

• Yes
    • No

Errantry,

My mistake. I should've been more clear in my words. What I meant by the "Who start the wars" paragraph is that the people who live under those governments do not want wars, that the problem lies in those government systems themselves, not in 'human nature'.

About "we", I was referring to the following sentance: "Humans -could- exist peacefully in this world; it is our choice that we don't." I wouldn't say that I choose not to live peacefully... But I guess I am being too nitpicky at that. ^_^

'JN,

Not that I'm aware of. Even the dial-up deals aren't the best I've seen. There's ADSL, sure, but the prices are simply exorbitant, limiting it to corporate business. Heh, and I thought broadband deals were bad when I lived in Australia... ^_^

Please don't! Western culture is largely an embarrassment. Russia was once quite glorious and had it's own very unique culture. Russia should strive to regain that past, and not adopt western ways.

Russia has a great past....but there are a lot of things Russia should be moving away from. Namely, since the days of the Mongols, Russia has been ruled by petty autocrats and tyrants who treated the country as their own personal fiefdom; while the West was moving towards more freedom in the Middle Ages and Renaissance up to the 20th century, Russia was either stagnant or moving towards less, culminating in the single bloodiest dictatorship in world history under Stalin.

That part of the Russian historical heritage should stay dead and buried. No more Tsars, no more Premiers, no more self-absorbed tyrants poisoning the land and enslaving the people in the name of nonsense agendas. After all the pain and misery it's been through, Russia deserves to be a prosperous and free.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Never heard of it, so is this some for of self hatred or have you never been out of grass valley and so only know about the rest of the country based on what you see on trl?

<Rant On>

No, I have no self-hatred. I have a hatred for the government, and most popular culture these days. Where art is considered recyclables glued to a board, and music is considered rapping about what a badass 'gangsta' you are, and all the 'hos' you have. I find that retarded quite frankly. As for the government, I'm a Social/Rational Anarchist at heart, but as that'll never fly in the current state of affairs, I think the gov should switch to a more Libertarian outlook. The two party system is flawed from the get-go, basically we're stuck with total idiots as both of the potential candidates; and because of the outlook that "O NOES! I'm gonna waste my vote if I actually vote for who I think would do a good job, I'll vote for the extreme left wing candidate just to get Bush out. Hey, anything's better than Bush right?" it doesn't look like that's going to change anytime soon. If I was able to vote in this election (I'm missing it by less than a year. ) I'd probably vote for Nader not only because I think he'd do a good job, but just to show the schmucks in office/running for office that I'm fed up; and public favor of the two party system is waning.

<Rant Off> <_<

No, I have no self-hatred.  I have a hatred for the government, and most popular culture these days.  Where art is considered recyclables glued to a board, and music is considered rapping about what a badass 'gangsta' you are, and all the 'hos' you have.
Music is just a repeating pattern so it's still music whether or not you approve of it or not.

As for the government, I'm a Social/Rational Anarchist at heart, but as that'll never fly in the current state of affairs,
This'll never fly, anywhere, ever.

I think the gov should switch to a more Libertarian outlook.  The two party system is flawed from the get-go, basically we're stuck with total idiots as both of the potential candidates; and because of the outlook that "O NOES!  I'm gonna waste my vote if I actually vote for who I think would do a good job, I'll vote for the extreme left wing candidate just to get Bush out.  Hey, anything's better than Bush right?"
If you vote for someone that has no chance of winning and your vote could make the diffrence in getting rid of someone you didn't want then it's a wasted vote.

it doesn't look like that's going to change anytime soon.  If I was able to vote in this election (I'm missing it by less than a year.  )  I'd probably vote for Nader not only because I think he'd do a good job, but just to show the schmucks in office/running for office that I'm fed up; and public favor of the two party system is waning.
Republicans want you to vote for nader sinc if your voting for nader chances were that you aren't a republican, so a vote for nader can be seem as a vote taken away from democrats.

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

No, I have no self-hatred.  I have a hatred for the government, and most popular culture these days.  Where art is considered recyclables glued to a board, and music is considered rapping about what a badass 'gangsta' you are, and all the 'hos' you have.
Music is just a repeating pattern so it's still music whether or not you approve of it or not.

As for the government, I'm a Social/Rational Anarchist at heart, but as that'll never fly in the current state of affairs,
This'll never fly, anywhere, ever.

I think the gov should switch to a more Libertarian outlook.  The two party system is flawed from the get-go, basically we're stuck with total idiots as both of the potential candidates; and because of the outlook that "O NOES!  I'm gonna waste my vote if I actually vote for who I think would do a good job, I'll vote for the extreme left wing candidate just to get Bush out.  Hey, anything's better than Bush right?"
If you vote for someone that has no chance of winning and your vote could make the diffrence in getting rid of someone you didn't want then it's a wasted vote.

it doesn't look like that's going to change anytime soon.  If I was able to vote in this election (I'm missing it by less than a year.  )  I'd probably vote for Nader not only because I think he'd do a good job, but just to show the schmucks in office/running for office that I'm fed up; and public favor of the two party system is waning.
Republicans want you to vote for nader sinc if your voting for nader chances were that you aren't a republican, so a vote for nader can be seem as a vote taken away from democrats.

It's that Borgish attitude that keeps the two-party system in power. The thing about democracy is that if the majority doesn't support either candidate, than neither one gets elected. It really doesn't bother me either way if I'm not voting for the Democrats, because I'm not a Democrat either. I vote for whoever I think will get the job done best, and IMO, neither of the popular candidates will. <_< And don't be fooled, the amount of people who've been voting for third party candidates has been rising. The amount of people who did so in 2004 had been the most in a century. Sooner or later, the public will wise up that they DO have a choice, or else the government is doomed to collapse.

Servant of Eru -

The number of total people voting has been falling, though. Most people are beginning to realize they have little to no choice in who is elected as President. The oh-so-superior Electoral College decides that.

Yeah, I know that too; that system has been bunk junk for the past decade or so. When set up properly, it's a good thing, but the people in charge have been taking to stacking the odds with it the past ten or so years. **** the White House, I honestly do believe the end of the world is upon us. I'm just waiting for the pieces to fall into all the wrong places, before I buy a small plot of land in a secluded area somewhere in the mountains, and watch things play out. :ph34r:

Russia is one of the two countries I admire most. Why? Because the Russians have overcome so much suffering and exhibited such resiliance as a people. What a horrific century they have endured. Revolution, mass murder, 20 million dead in WW2, decades of oppression from which they are still struggling to extricate themselves...

I truly do admire them.

Doesn't becoming independant, fighting a civil war, fighting a defensive war against Soviet Union after being falsely accused of starting the said war, fighting another war for four years (IIRC) against Soviets almost immediately after the end of the first war, actually surviving both wars without becoming part of Soviet Union, being the only country that has paid its war compensations (IIRC) from WW2 (and we weren't even the aggressors!) and surviving a depression get any love from you, Di?

;)

9/30 -- NEVER FORGET!

I haven't been there personally, but it does have a rich history and I've been e-mailing back and forth with a very nice lady from there ... so I can't say I hate it. ;)  :p

A russian mail-order bride? :)

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Russia is one of the two countries I admire most.  Why?  Because the Russians have overcome so much suffering and exhibited such resiliance as a people.  What a horrific century they have endured.  Revolution, mass murder, 20 million dead in WW2, decades of oppression from which they are still struggling to extricate themselves...

I truly do admire them.

I'd like to point out they themselves have caused a lot of suffering amongst many other nations and still continue to do so. I don't hold any grudge against the russian people, but it's rather hard for me to admire them either since they still haven't been able to get a decent government and seem to be moving away from democracy.