Russia

waiveddreams

Do you like Russia?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Russia?

• Yes
    • No

"You will eventually have to fight to defend yourself and your property."

In a world of excess wealth, this is not an issue. Besides, in order to be able to defend, one must be fully aware of the direction and nature of the attack.

"I know I came to these conclusions on my own because I remember coming to these conclusions on my own."

I do not doubt your memory. I doubt if you know the source of all your beliefs and thoughts on a fundamental level.

9/30 -- NEVER FORGET!

Ah, but people are greedy. And people will always want to control others.

As for finding the enemy that's what spies are for.

You question my beliefs but nothing you've said is very original. You're challenging my beliefs, if I'd agreed with you, you wouldn't have cared if they were my beliefs, or just me parroting your opinion.

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

Assuming your question refers to the land of Russia. No I don't like it. Bloody freezing in winter and the mosquitos bite you to death in the summer.

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

Как сказать... Вроде и родился и прожил большую часть жизни (и сейчас живу) в России, но что сейчас с ней происходит мне, мягко говоря, не нравится. Мало того что всеми силами пытаются забить свою собственную культуру, так еще и намыливают западную, если это можно вообще назвать культурой. Нельзя обойти молчанием и тот факт что правительство до сих пор считает что это народ существует для него, а не оно для народа.

С другой стороны, если попытаться не обращать внимание на все это безобразие, то я рад что родился в России. Я все также влюблен в огрызки оставшейся культуры и клочки незагаженной природы где еще можно насладиться ее красотой...

Translation:

Hard to say... Even though I was born and lived most of my life (and still live) in Russia, I really don't like what's happenning to it today. Not only are they trying to destroy their own culture, they're trying to push the western one on the people. Not to mention that the government still thinks that it's the people that exist for it, not the government for the people.

On the other hand, if to try not to pay attention to all those bad things, I'm glad I was born in Russia. I'm still in love with the leftovers of its culture and bits of not-yet-polluted nature where you can enjoy its beauty...

Not only are they trying to destroy their own culture, they're trying to push the western one on the people.

Please don't! Western culture is largely an embarrassment. Russia was once quite glorious and had it's own very unique culture. Russia should strive to regain that past, and not adopt western ways.

newlogo.gif

Not only are they trying to destroy their own culture, they're trying to push the western one on the people.

Please don't! Western culture is largely an embarrassment. Russia was once quite glorious and had it's own very unique culture. Russia should strive to regain that past, and not adopt western ways.

Yes, my thoughts, exactly. But, sadly, that's what I'm unfortunate to be a witness to these days...

I don't think there's a way to turn it back, unless the people realize it for themselves. Yet they don't seem to. *sad sigh*

I loved Moscow. Also visited Kiev and Moldovia ( former RUssia ) thd they were beautiful too. It seemed to me that the people have a very strong sense of national pride, which I liked a lot. Russian history has also been mentioned by many, of which I am also a fan of. I wish the leaders could get control of themselves financially, there was abundant poverty in every place I visited. On a side note, the one club I went to had plenty of hottie guys who loved to dance- i was dead tired at the end of the night. DOwnside to that was they played mostly late 80-s - early 90's rap. Oh well.

I find myself cheering for them in the Olympics more than for my own country too.

As capable of inconvenience, and of some damage and debt to those that would act against my interests, I cannot f*^ng argue with dangerous.

"Throughout human history this cycle has never ended. Why should I pretend that it has now. Even without politics people have been finding reason to kill each other since before recorded history.

It's not about hate but it is us against them. If you can not coexist peacfully in the end it will mean war. Diplomacy has it's place but when it fails raining death and destruction is the order of the day."

This logic is not quite sound, though it can appear to be. Humans -could- exist peacefully in this world; it is our choice that we don't. Many species of animals considered inferior in intellect can coexist without attempting to conquer one another. It is the human emotions cause the killing, because the majority of homocide is committed because of hatred, often blind.

Humans are technically all one race, and thus one species, due to the lack of genetic differences. Any idea of human genocide is not possible, unless the entire race is wiped out. Again, technically, there is no "us", and there is no "them". In war, most people are not seen as individuals, who each have their own life and beliefs, but as an entire region.

I do not disagree with the fact that if a species cannot coexist peacefully, then it will commit war. However, in regard to the last sentence, my feelings are different. How are wars ended, if not by the people sitting at the conference table? All they really do is persuade the diplomats which country is stronger in brute force, and the stronger can rule over the weaker, then. The worldly rule that "the strongest survives", does not apply to humans, and that has already been said numerous times in history. Diplomats have their place in wars. It is they who start them, voluntarily or no, and they end them, making them effectively the most powerful people that exist.

Errantry,

But do people even want those wars? No, it's their governments that start the wars, those "people sitting at the conference table", and it's the fools who follow them that are no less responsible for all the atrocities commited by their governments. US, Russia, Israel, and many others... How many more millions of lives will it take for those governments to satisfy their egos based on their cowardice and stupidity?...

But by saying "we", who are you referring to? "I" or those people you know personally? "We" are all different, so it wouldn't be very wise to judge the whole specie by those of its 'representatives' that simply were recorded in history or noticed by SMI.

I'd also question the claim of dimplomats being the most powerful people in existance, as their 'power' is but an illusion created by the fears in the minds of the fools. As is the case with any sort of power a person might seem to have.

You could take it as whatever you wish. My only intention is to give some food for thought, - for you and other people... and, probably, for myself...

Sugrob,

I already stated that those "people sitting at the conference table" started the wars. Perhaps you should read my post more carefully. And by 'we', it is grammatically use that term in reference to a species one is related to directly. As a final thought to add to yours, power in itself is only an illusion, created by the minds of people universally. Power can be distinguished by money, fame, or influence; however, it is power if it can be used to control a person or people. So thank you, for giving me something to think about, as well.