Mafia II

Purkake

is that the game with the impossible race track mission? **** I nearly put a hole through my monitor playing that mission over and over again. Beat it eventually but god that was bull****. Also there was a speed limit in the city you couldn't exceed.

Yeah, that's the one. The racing mission was near impossible and you also had to get the car there in time without damaging it. The story was really awesome with a great ending.

It wasn't impossible but hard, don't be a casual gaming peasant.

Yes, the ending was fantastic, the shootouts with the tommy gun were incredibly intense, the voice acting was top notch, the missions sensible, the story as good or better than most movies of the sort... That and Max Payne is all you need to see in the world of third person action games.

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Guest Slinky

I just watched the gameplay videos at gametrailers and it looks awesome. I wonder what kind of ending this is going to have, the first one had one of the most memorable endings ever.

I'm sure they have an epic story with a great ending.

The first one's ending is really great and fitting if you think about it.

@Boo: well, it's supposed to run on PS360, it can't be worse than GTAIV.

Edited by Purkake

Guest Slinky

Yeah, when GTA3 came out it barely ran on my pc, but Mafia ran just fine on the same pc and it looked alot better.

And rockstar really screwed up the pc port of GTA4 so I wouldn't be surprised if history would repeat itself.

Oh damn I just saw my game store still has 3 copies of Mafia - for 6.99
Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Clear Sky is like a shorter STALKER with broken faction war stuff(when I played it).

Mafia is like GTA with a better story, more varied missions and an awesome setting.

Essentially one is effectively a ****ty expanison pack, and the other is one of the best games ever made.

Enough said.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Never finished the original Stalker, even though I overall liked it.

Mafia...well, I just looked at screenshots, and it looks pretty dated, so I'll wait for Mafia 2.

Probably skip Clear Sky too, and maybe I get Venetica next week instead. Or not.

I've bought too many cheap games just to figure out that I don't like them. Not this time though.

• 6 months later...
Oh damn I just saw my game store still has 3 copies of Mafia - for 6.99
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif