Bioshock 2 in next PC Gamer

funcroc

the teaser site ("There's something in the sea") is continually being updated, and you can certainly get a feel for what the background on the story's going to be. Doesn't really jibe with the Alpha Daddy plot point much. Maybe they're ****ing with us. Or maybe you're some sort of Ahnold-in-T2 turned hero.

the teaser site ("There's something in the sea") is continually being updated, and you can certainly get a feel for what the background on the story's going to be. Doesn't really jibe with the Alpha Daddy plot point much. Maybe they're ****ing with us. Or maybe you're some sort of Ahnold-in-T2 turned hero.

I though it was done? hasn't been updated in a while

I though it was done? hasn't been updated in a while

The site drives me nuts by how incredibly obvious it is by now and just starts being random and useless in its notes.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Gamestop has an estimated release date of October 5th. More competition for AP, I guess.

Unfortunately I'm not sure how much competition AP will be. I'm guessing AP will be more of a slow and steady seller, whereas Bioshock 2 will fly off the shelves at release.

Gamestop has an estimated release date of October 5th. More competition for AP, I guess.

Unfortunately I'm not sure how much competition AP will be. I'm guessing AP will be more of a slow and steady seller, whereas Bioshock 2 will fly off the shelves at release.

Super sekret agent vs mutant freak in a diving suit shooting fire out of its arse? No.

AP will crush Bioshock 2.

Like a bug.

It will be ugly.

Assuming Sega actually gets around to marketing the game.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Do you live in some magical world where people like cool things, CrashGirl? I don't and while I'm not so scared about AP that I feel the need to post about it as some people do I don't think it'll crush anything. It might crush Obsidian if we're unlucky.

Stop it with them negative waves. :unsure:

Secret agents are much more of a saleable commodity that freaky things like Big Daddys

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Do you live in some magical world where people like cool things, CrashGirl? I don't and while I'm not so scared about AP that I feel the need to post about it as some people do I don't think it'll crush anything. It might crush Obsidian if we're unlucky.

Stop it with them negative waves. 8)

Secret agents are much more of a saleable commodity that freaky things like Big Daddys

I'm jumping on the positive train with Crashgirl. Choo choo, Alpha Protocol is going to kick ass and chew bubblegum! :unsure:

Stop it with them negative waves. 8)

I'm jumping on the positive train with Crashgirl. Choo choo, Alpha Protocol is going to kick ass and chew bubblegum! :unsure:

I'll believe it when I see it. :*

Edited by Moatilliatta
sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

But Bioshock at the very least has strong narrative to keep the player going forward to reach a goal. But by playing as a big daddy, its difficult to picture what motivations and goals a Big Daddy has in mind to keep the gameplay moving forward.

You're an insane addict, just like everyone else. Your motivation is to survive while getting your drug of choice.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I'll be happy if our main weapon is a big ass drill with a chain attachment so we can swing and drill at the same time.

Anyone remember that Mecha-beat em up game like Final Fight except with giant mecha robots? It was in the arcades. You could swap your arm attachment with a variety of weapons and one of them was a big drill. I want that weapon in Bioshock2.

Oh and please make it so when I shoot splicers in the face with a gun they die immediately.

I'll be happy if our main weapon is a big ass drill with a chain attachment so we can swing and drill at the same time.

Anyone remember that Mecha-beat em up game like Final Fight except with giant mecha robots? It was in the arcades. You could swap your arm attachment with a variety of weapons and one of them was a big drill. I want that weapon in Bioshock2.

Oh and please make it so when I shoot splicers in the face with a gun they die immediately.

You will have the drill and the rivet? gun. I seriously doubt that most things will die in a single hit, though.

No chains AFAIC, but that just calls for a Xzibit meme...

The Drill is just a more awesome wrench.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

The Drill is just a more awesome wrench.

But it's a LOT more awesome.

I'd like to a Big Daddy on new years 1959 when the fighting breaks out between the two factions. Everyone is trying to abduct little sisters and you solve the problem by killing everyone.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

• 3 weeks later...
First gameplay footage.

Looks pretty much like a reskinned Bioshock.

My opinion, based solely on the video:

Not too impressed with the first part, even though the underwater sequence looked pretty cool. The second part looked very generic, and the animation where the gray guy dies and falls next to the fountain (at 1:31) sucked.

I loved the first Bioshock, mainly due to the fresh art style, nice story and plot twists. Also, Andrew Ryan is a cool dude. Shooting mechanics - not so much, and thus, the second part of the video left me indifferent.

If they want to tease me, then tease me with some cool story elements, not with stuff I've seen before.

Edited by ericjones

I just brought myself to beating Bioshock after having it installed for nearly a year and I can safely say a sequel wont see the light of my comp's power button.

After Fort Frolic, the game was just too redundant in every way - even visually. Nothing else of note - just going around killing splicers and listening to distant drones over audio diaries. Freakin boring.

Looks like more of the (exact) same.

I'll give it a shot.

The best part of the first game is the "between a slave and a man" sequence. Andrew Ryan really is a great villain. However, the footage does look the same. I'm likely going to get the new Bioshock, but I have the same gripe everyone else has, and it seems like such a common gripe: respawns. I wonder if design teams just don't care or if maybe the folks on boards that I read or where I post don't really represent popular opinion. I don't mind respawns in certain areas or at certain segments. ...And my problem with respawns has nothing to do with difficulty and everything to do with boredom. I want to advance the story and see new areas. If respawns are just there to make sure I conserve ammo or don't rush through a particular area, I'm likely to be unimpressed.

The reason respawns don't detract significantly from Bioshock is simple. The mechanic is used so pervasively, it doesn't matter. Respawns have become a staple of fpses, unfortunately. Not every title uses them, but so many do you can't get away from them. I don't remember respawns in the latest FEAR, which I take to be a good sign. Even if they did have respawns, then at least they weren't so common that it drove me nuts. Of course, the latest FEAR was so generic in terms of atmosphere and art that it falls far short or Bioshock. Too much to ask that anyone get it all right, I suppose.