DRAGON!

Volourn

I only remember that I got bashed a lot in the old BIS forums for liking NWN. Oh well...like I care.

There are a fair amount of people here that disliked the OC for NWN, or at least didn't find it all that engaging. I'm among them. However, the game is about a lot more than the OC, and I appreciate the fact that it allowed an amazing fan community to blossom.

I only remember that I got bashed a lot in the old BIS forums for liking NWN. Oh well...like I care.

There are a fair amount of people here that disliked the OC for NWN, or at least didn't find it all that engaging. I'm among them. However, the game is about a lot more than the OC, and I appreciate the fact that it allowed an amazing fan community to blossom.

Not liking something is one thing, calling someone dumb for liking something is a different thing.

But hey, I never played any RPGs before, so NWN was a revelation for me. You can imagine how I really started to drool once I played BG2, Torment and the IWD series after that. :x

I can honestly say that NWN1 is Bioware's worse game I have played. Of course their worse game is still better than most other developers' best games. KotOR was their second worse.

In order...

1. Mass Effect

2. BG1

3. BG2

4. Jade Empire

5. KotOR

6. NWN1

Edited by Killian Kalthorne

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Even NWN? :huh:

Even NWN. It was definitely the worst of their games, but I enjoyed it.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I didn't like NWN, but I can appreciate why lots of people did - not least the toolset aspect.

Looking back on it, one of the reasons I didn't like it was the hype, and marked the end of a fairly fan-boyish attitude to Bio. Bioware's hype for NWN was overblown and inaccurate. The OC was awful, a bolt-on to what was a superlative D&D toolset for builders. This wasn't what was promised and as someone who bought it for the single-player experience that was a big let down. HotU, OTOH, was a solid, enjoyable product. If the OC had been of comparable quality then I'd have been a lot happier.

Oh well, water under the bridge.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

Even NWN? :(

Even NWN. It was definitely the worst of their games, but I enjoyed it.

Storywise yes.. in fact by all measure the story was poor. If it wasn't a after thought it certainly wasn't far from such.

However, when it came to the toolset and MP functions it broke ground (wasn't the first but certainly the best attempt up to that point). And thats is what saved NWN1 arse. If it was released as a stand alone SP game none of us would be talking about it right now.. except mockingly making jokes at its expense.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

"If it was released as a stand alone SP game none of us would be talking about it right now.. except mockingly making jokes at its expense."

Sure, we would. In fact, I'd bet more people would be heaping praise on it because it seems to be 'cool' to bash the OC, even though its a better game - espicially role-playing wise - than either BG which people like to bow to.But, these are the Obsidian baords will BIO = Evil because they're seen as some sort of threat to the beloved Obsidian.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The OCs of NWN1 and its expansions were crap compared to the Infinity ENgine games. I know that, you know that, everyone knows that. Hell, even Bioware knows that. Role play wise doesn't make up the fact the story stunk up to high heaven and when it comes to RPGs if the story is crap then the game is crap.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

"If it was released as a stand alone SP game none of us would be talking about it right now.. except mockingly making jokes at its expense."

Sure, we would. In fact, I'd bet more people would be heaping praise on it because it seems to be 'cool' to bash the OC, even though its a better game - espicially role-playing wise - than either BG which people like to bow to.But, these are the Obsidian baords will BIO = Evil because they're seen as some sort of threat to the beloved Obsidian.

Better RPing then the BG series?

Excuse me while I pee myself laughing so hard...

I don't consider the tool of EA a 'threat' at all, there is plenty of room in the CRPG field for both to do well. You simply can't handle the fact the OC sucked arse. You do realize you are the only defender of it? Doesn't that well you something... obvious? Oh that's right WE are all biased and you are the only one who is not... *chuckle*

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

"You do realize you are the only defender of it?"

Only defender here? yes. But, lots of people prefer NWN to BG. pehraps, if you got outside your little circle and biasness; you wouldn't be so ignorant.

"Better RPing then the BG series?"

Absolutely no co contest too. NWN OC rping > BG rping = FACT

"I know that, you know that, everyone knows that."

Don't tell me what *I* know. I know what I know.

Edited by Volourn

Then act like it. The stories from the NWN1 and its expansions are inferior to those told in the Infinity Engine games. Even David Gaider had admitted that the NWN1 OC was a rush job.

Edited by Killian Kalthorne

WHAT?!?! Don't you be dissing Deekin! Deekin was the best character in the whole goddamn series. Its not a matter of being impressed, Volourn, it is a matter of truth. NWN1 and its expansions, in the stories told in their OCs, SUCKED!

Should we open a poll up about whether the NWN OC was good? I'd say it has been a fairly prevalent opinion here that it was one of the weaker stories that Bioware has come up with. There is nothing wrong with liking it Volourn, I enjoyed the combat in Jade Empire, but I recognize that many folks here see it as flawed.

"NWN1 and its expansions, in the stories told in their OCs, SUCKED!"

1. You played the OC like 3 times? BVy golly, you must surely think it sucks then.

2. I thought you liked SOU, and HOTU. Make up your mind.

"Should we open a poll up about whether the NWN OC was good?"

"There is nothing wrong with liking it Volourn, I enjoyed the combat in Jade Empire, but I recognize that many folks here see it as flawed."

Please point out where in this thread I claimed that NWN OC was popular here? LMAO In fact, I said the complete opposite. Weird.

Edited by Volourn

NWN sucked Magikal Volo, it sucked. :)

I know that, many people who played it know that and deep dpwn you know it. Admit it!

It is not NWN Series Is The Best Ever!!! No not by a long shot.

Edited by Dark_Raven

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

1. You played the OC like 3 times? BVy golly, you must surely think it sucks then.

I have started the NWN OC 3 times, but only finished it once. That's all I could stomach it for. SoU and HotU were significantly better than the NWN OC but still sucked compared to Bioware's other games, including KotOR. The primary problem I have with KotOR was the fact it was so freaking predictable and it is a Star Wars game. I hate Star Wars. KotOR was the second worse Bioware game.

"You do realize you are the only defender of it?"

Only defender here? yes. But, lots of people prefer NWN to BG. pehraps, if you got outside your little circle and biasness; you wouldn't be so ignorant.

"Better RPing then the BG series?"

Absolutely no co contest too. NWN OC rping > BG rping = FACT

"I know that, you know that, everyone knows that."

Don't tell me what *I* know. I know what I know.

I've almost grown to admire how you assert your opinions as fact.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I have started the NWN OC 3 times, but only finished it once. That's all I could stomach it for. SoU and HotU were significantly better than the NWN OC but still sucked compared to Bioware's other games, including KotOR. The primary problem I have with KotOR was the fact it was so freaking predictable and it is a Star Wars game. I hate Star Wars. KotOR was the second worse Bioware game.

That is about it too. I completed it once, started a few more times but couldn't go any further.

NWN = teh lameness

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.