DRAGON!

Volourn

"You do realize you are the only defender of it?"

Only defender here? yes. But, lots of people prefer NWN to BG. pehraps, if you got outside your little circle and biasness; you wouldn't be so ignorant.

"Better RPing then the BG series?"

Absolutely no co contest too. NWN OC rping > BG rping = FACT

"I know that, you know that, everyone knows that."

Don't tell me what *I* know. I know what I know.

I've almost grown to admire how you assert your opinions as fact.

In his deluded mind it is.

:aiee: Volo Game Over Man, Game Over!

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

The problem is that Volourn is ignoring the argument. He is saying that NWN OC has better role playing opportunity than Baldur's Gate, and technically he is right, for NWN OC makes more account on character skills and abilities, given that it is based on 3e, than Baldur's Gate, which was limited in such regard due to it was based on 2e rules. However that is not the crux of the argument, well, at least not for me.

I am going by which game had the better story and plot pacing. In many regards this is separate from actual role playing. NWN OC failed in story and plot pacing compared to all other Bioware games. If the game has a crappy story to it, all the role playing in the world will not make it all that playable or even replayable.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

"I've almost grown to admire how you assert your opinions as fact. "

Oh, please. Everyone here is doing the same exact thing hence all the crying that I'm not parroting everyone else's opinions. Youa re only upset about my opinion/fact because it is not the same as yours. :aiee:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The problem is that Volourn is ignoring the argument. He is saying that NWN OC has better role playing opportunity than Baldur's Gate, and technically he is right, for NWN OC makes more account on character skills and abilities, given that it is based on 3e, than Baldur's Gate, which was limited in such regard due to it was based on 2e rules. However that is not the crux of the argument, well, at least not for me.

I am going by which game had the better story and plot pacing. In many regards this is separate from actual role playing. NWN OC failed in story and plot pacing compared to all other Bioware games. If the game has a crappy story to it, all the role playing in the world will not make it all that playable or even replayable.

NWN was an epic failure in story to the point it was duller than a spoon. The devs focused too much on the play on aspect and being able to make your own dungeons and such that they gave the story of the single player game a back seat.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

NWN was an epic failure in story to the point it was duller than a spoon. The devs focused too much on the play on aspect and being able to make your own dungeons and such that they gave the story of the single player game a back seat.

Best RPG ever: 1. BG 1

2. NWN 2: Mask of the Betrayer

3. NWN: HotU

4. NWN 2 OC

5. NWN 2: SoZ

6. NWN OC

7. NWN: SoU]

8. BG 2

Not a fact, just my personal opinion on the matter. :xo:) o:)

4. NWN 2 OC

6. NWN OC

7. NWN: SoU]

8. BG 2

Not a fact, just my personal opinion on the matter. :x:)o:)

No Planescape: Torment? No Quest for Glory? No Deus Ex or Vampire: Bloodlines or Wizardry or Ultima or Knights of the Old Republic or BioShock or Diablo or World of Warcraft or Final Fantasy or Arcanum or Fallout or Elder Scrolls?

I mean, your list is your list, but it's strange that the top RPGs are all set in the Forgotten Realms and were made by 2 different companies.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

4. NWN 2 OC

6. NWN OC

7. NWN: SoU

8. BG 2

Not a fact, just my personal opinion on the matter. :x:)o:)

No Planescape: Torment? No Quest for Glory? No Deus Ex or Vampire: Bloodlines or Wizardry or Ultima or Knights of the Old Republic or BioShock or Diablo or World of Warcraft or Final Fantasy or Arcanum or Fallout or Elder Scrolls?

I mean, your list is your list, but it's strange that the top RPGs are all set in the Forgotten Realms and were made by 2 different companies.

Nope, sorry, back then money was scarce and gaming was limited to playing demos for me. For a while at least ... I played most of them as demos.

I remember a King's Quest by Sierra or some such, being my first full paid game.

And to explain my choice, BG1 was my first real RPG and I did not like BG2 at all, for silly and personal reasons. At first coming from BG1 to NWN1, I thought the latter was silly game! Resting everywhere! Not to mention breaking and entering: "Excuse me, coming through to the loot!" ah well .... o:)

2nd place: Although I hate the Spirit Eater Curse and the whole mechanic and all ... I still can objectively judge that this is a great expansion to an excellent OC.

3rd place: HotU was great! :D

4th place: most finished and most played recently, the "infamous" OC.

5th place: Surprise! Surprise! :x I hated SoZ at first, but it grew on me and my only complaint is that it crashes a lot on me. Well sometimes it crashes like on every second transition to the OM and sometimes I can play 2 hours straight before it crashes. Anyways, it's a great game, too.

6th place: kind of selfexplanatory! Nah, I loved the NWN OC, played it alot and with a lot of different characters.

7th place: SoU - nah, I hated SoU at first and before it had a real chance to really grow on me, HotU arrived.

8. Flop of the Century: BG2, nope, didn't do it for me. Sorry! o:)

*ducks to avoid incoming*

"Resting everywhere!"

Same as BG your favorite game.

At least in BG there was a chance for a random encounter. DAMN THE KOBOLD COMMANDOES!

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."