Empire: Total War

Tigranes

You can select the crew then hover your cursor over the guns, and you will get a hand cursor. Click and they will man the guns again.

And thats what you get for not supplying a manual with a game this complex. I hate Steam.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

You can select the crew then hover your cursor over the guns, and you will get a hand cursor. Click and they will man the guns again.

And thats what you get for not supplying a manual with a game this complex. I hate Steam.

manual

Edited by Pope

hehehe, I got extremely lucky one time and managed to take out an enemy general with my first barrage of artillery fire in a fight.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I got even luckier when an enemy general rode out it fornt of his own guns and got blasted to kingdom come

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

doh.. in MTW2 I once hit my own king with a rouge trebuchet shot. He was the only one of his entire unit to die.. >_< Apparently I had hit the fire at will button for one of them.

edit: and while we're at it.. in the first naval battles I managed to sink one my own ships, by having a 3rd rate shoot through an enemy sloop and then hit the stored gunpowder on my brig on the other side. It looked pretty wicked... heh

Fortune favors the bald.

well, I invaded prussia who I'd been in a war with (technically) for most of 30 years. I took berlin and managed to fight off two other armies before getting enough breathing room to reconstitute my army (which had it's numbers cut in half by fighting). As it stands now I'm prepping to move into prussias final province in Europe before going to war with spain to retake france. For that offensive I'm probably gonna need three full armies, One to attack from the east, and two to head north from gibralter, one for Portugal and one for Madrid, I should be able to knock out all three cities in one quick move given how fast troops move this time around.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Had my first elephant battle wiping out the Mughals. Their entire army ran full speed at my left flank with no rhyme or reason, because thats where the artillery was (Go AI!), but the elephants did a nice job rolling up the line and decimating the guards units. I managed to win by pinning them down with Sepoy natives then having grenadiers behind lob the bombs. Lots of casualties though.

Why is it that CA always releases its games with the same forking game breaking bugs? And why don't reviewers ever notice these bugs?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

As long as they get fixed in a timely manner, I'm pretty happy.

Yeah, but it's not exactly 'timely' when they release three games with the EXACT SAME BUG for ... what is it, 6, 7 years?

The AI is completely incapable of launching invasions over sea. Not only is this massive and literally game breaking as far as the campaign is concerned, but also, the exact same bug was in the original release of Medieval 2. It's like they either didn't do any QA, at all, or they just didn't care about it. Either way, it's bloody unnerving and the AI is retarded enough without this bug. In fact the AI is like one giant bug.

Also, it turns out the battle map no longer reflects the battle's location in the campaign map, so no more using the terrain to gain an advantage over the AI, for example. Not a bug, as such, but the removal of what was a fundamental feature in previous iterations of the game.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Which also means that when you have reinforcements, they can come from ANYWHERE on the battle map, trickle in one by one no matter whether you want them to or not, and are invisible until they enter the map.

So your own reinforcements come STRAIGHT INTO THE ENEMY'S ARMY even if you didn't want them to, you have no way of knowing until they actually do it, and they trickle in one by one to get slaughtered, even fi in the campaign map they aren't positioned like that at all.

I still like the game but it's like CA got one good concept going, then decided to make the same flawed gem over and over again with NEW GRAFIX... and now throw in Steam just to 'innovative' on the mental retardation front.

Have they ever managed to get the AI to invade via ship, or is that a set limitation?

But Ive personally only experienced a single bug, that the stats for 2nd and 3rd rate ships of the line have been switched.

"Set limitation" doesn't even make sense when they rebuilt the engine for ETW, though.

I *think* they did it for either RTW:BI or MTW2:Kingdoms, but I forget - I never got either expansion.

You will also have been affected by the Light Galley 256 attack bug, which occurs in all versions.

The AI is completely incapable of launching invasions over sea. Not only is this massive and literally game breaking as far as the campaign is concerned, but also, the exact same bug was in the original release of Medieval 2. It's like they either didn't do any QA, at all, or they just didn't care about it. Either way, it's bloody unnerving and the AI is retarded enough without this bug. In fact the AI is like one giant bug.

Also, it turns out the battle map no longer reflects the battle's location in the campaign map, so no more using the terrain to gain an advantage over the AI, for example. Not a bug, as such, but the removal of what was a fundamental feature in previous iterations of the game.

I've had two invasion over sea in my British Campaign, the French and the Spanish.. One of them nearly took out London, because I had to raise an army as they set foot on the shores.

My biggest grief is the reinforcement issue, it's so stupid I can't imagine why they brought it back! I've actually stopped playing it all together because every battle pisses me off.. Now I'm waiting for some mods to fix it.. But I've always enjoyed mods much more than the vanilla game, since Rome TW, so why should it be any different now :)

Fortune favors the bald.

Started a new campaign as Dutch - after playing in the 1770s theres some lightning quick endturn speeds. I tried the "quick war" thing people were talking about; allied with Prussia to give myself some backing, declared war on Spain (and thus France), took Flanders and won a sizable naval engagement against the French, then they accepted peace. Probably fair enough, since Spain didn't seem to have troops up North, but seemed a little bit easy.

Said naval engagement was quite fun - ~5 ships v. 5, i had a nice balanced fleet but their weaker one was supplemented by a big fifth(?) rate ship. Took the eastward wind and kept drawing curvy N's - basically crossing the T continuously. But then my ships got bloody stuck on the edge of the map (another bug?). When only one remained I could finally move, and decided to board their fifth(sixth?) rate ship in forlorn hope.. only for them to catch fire and win me the battle!

Trying to eliminate the pirates but the mobs at Antigua actually drove me back - my line infantry had to go from building to building and I don't know what's the best way to storm them. If you have too many units rush in there'll be no room; if you have some shoot from the outside it seems to have minimal effect (~1 death per 50 shots). As it is my last units routed at the last building and my general beat a sad retreat from a city that was all but taken. Also found I was still at war with Bavaria as they were a Spanish protectorate. I bargained for military access with Westphalia (2k gold) and now saved just before a big even battle.

Im thinking about just how mad one can go strategywise in ETW. I successfully invaded America with Sweden, and now Im thinking about going after those nasty Turks and whatnot in Araby. To avenge what they did to Byzantium back in 1453

If you want a challenge then one of the mid-europeans countries like Prussia or Austria is probably better than Russia, since you would start with Poland as your ally shielding you from the rest of europe. Leaving onlt the Turks to worry about.