Empire: Total War

Tigranes

I didn't do the tutorial Purkake. I only realised halfway through the battle that there is a 'stay in formation' button that will prevent my ships from going all over the place spinning weirdly.

Gorgon: The thing is, there is a little arrow up the top that I think shows you the wind, but that's not really visible in the game. I mean, it's not like the sea waves will reflect the wind significantly in most cases. Maybe I should have watched the sails? I don't know. I think I'll need to try the sea battle a couple more times and see how well it does when I 'get it'. No chip off the game's shoulder if that takes me a while.

I might also look around TWC and other places to see how people have modded the demo to allow different battles.

I thought the AI was quite clever, the first time around it encircled me and defeatet me in a surprise attack from the rear while I was busy setting up to attack what I thought was the main force. The second time around I left troops to guard the rear, then it aligned all its troops into a proper battle line, moved and hid the heavy guns in the forrest which was a very nasty surprise when I marched out of cover and onto the field. The only thing it did wrong was to only leave a single plattoon to guard the guns, which enabled me to charge them with my cavalry and take them out. They did however, rapidly move troops from their flank so that when what was left of my cavalry tried to return to ranks, they were completely locked in between the enemy troops and the river.

I won the battle, but lost half my army.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

94335b6953157a4cb3e6077d787ea7a477fe2de.gif

Thanks, CA. That looks pretty packed for once.

Edit: And apparently there should be two factions there, at least one which is playable(Mugharals).

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Gorgon: The thing is, there is a little arrow up the top that I think shows you the wind, but that's not really visible in the game. I mean, it's not like the sea waves will reflect the wind significantly in most cases. Maybe I should have watched the sails? I don't know. I think I'll need to try the sea battle a couple more times and see how well it does when I 'get it'. No chip off the game's shoulder if that takes me a while.
I don't think they take wind into account at all. If they did, they'd have a wind direction indicator. The ships just act like they're motorized.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I don't think they take wind into account at all. If they did, they'd have a wind direction indicator.

What are you on about? They DO have a wind direction indicator. :*

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I don't think they take wind into account at all. If they did, they'd have a wind direction indicator.

What are you on about? They DO have a wind direction indicator. :x

They do? All I saw was the compass, of course the game run so bad on my PC I only played the tutorial and gave up.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

They do? All I saw was the compass, of course the game run so bad on my PC I only played the tutorial and gave up.

The compass has a huge arrow on. Presumably that's the wind direction.

Well, the arrow was just pointing North, so I assumed it's just the compass, since the tutorial didn't mention wind at all.

What are you on about? They DO have a wind direction indicator. :huh:

Well, the arrow was just pointing North, so I assumed it's just the compass, since the tutorial didn't mention wind at all.

The tutorial was pretty pathetic, just the usual click to move, click to attack...

I had to use some advanced mental gymnastics to figure out that north wouldn't help much in a video game.

As in "you get a report of an enemy squadron approaching from the North?" There are plenty of strategy games where direction is essential, I don't know if that applies to sea battles in ETW.

There seems to be something dodgy going on with the release. According to the official site here, it will be unlocked at 18:00 Central european time Tuesday the 3rd, but according to my steam account it wont be unlocked until 0500 CET on the 4th

Did the Steam people decide Sweden wasnt that important and delayed the release here, or is it the same with you americans and euros?

All the major steam games like L4D are available with no steam cracks.

They're a pain to use by all accounts though, as the multi=player has been set up for Steam. :p

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

1 day and 21h to unlock, but theres still no preload available in Sweden :)

After thinking about it I've decided I'll probably buy it. They've changed enough stuff that should keep me interested, though I hope the AI isn't broken again.

But then NZ has a Mar.6 release so I should have a couple of days to check the news about bugs, loading times, combat AI, etc.

I beat the sea battle on my first try, somehow.

I thought I'd be absolutely horrid at it.

I didn't play the land battle, because my game crashed when I was trying to load it, and I didn't feel like waiting another hour to try and get to it, again.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I finally got it downloaded 0400 last night, Ive been playing all morning and its a Total War game = awesome.

Got it from Steam last night too. I took the day off from work to play it.

It's quite interesting how they've decided to tone down the number of provinces and make villages and towns (under the influence of the regional capital) instead. I didn't quite like that at first, but after getting used to it I think it works better than the old system.

Fortune favors the bald.

I finally got it downloaded 0400 last night, Ive been playing all morning and its a Total War game = awesome.

I never realised you was such a fan!

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I find the civ-like reserch system both fun and frustrating, it adds to the game but at the same time slows down progress since you have to research stuff before you can make WAAAAAAAAAR!

I never realised you was such a fan!

Well, I wasnt actually awake at 0400, I woke up at 9 and played it for a few hours ;)

Grrr, won't be out here for another couple of days.

Tell me about the AI! I'm getting conflicting reports. ;)