Gameplay

Is the gameplay going to be as good as in rainbow six vegas 2? i mean challenging difficulty, good cover system, powerful weapons, etc.

and another question: desert eagle is present in the game?

i have a felling this will be more like mass effect in gameplay than rainbow six vegas. which isn't a bad thing cos mass effect is sooo good

Mass effect's gameplay was definitely not "sooo good." It was pretty boring and mediocre.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Mass effect's gameplay was definitely not "sooo good." It was pretty boring and mediocre.

Oh, is it Mass Effect hating time again? Well, let me get started, with a little play in three acts called "Mass Effect Designers Are Big Dumb Babies":

Act 1: Worldbuilding sucks.

hey guys check it out we wrote an entire encyclopedia with all this cool **** in it. enjoy reading it, because it will never ever come up in the game.

Act 2: Gameplay is unbalanced

hey soldiers, i hope you enjoy a maxed out pistol being better than all other weapons! heh heh, owned, your class is rendered useless since everyone else gets pistol skills too.

Act 3: Characters suck

hey guys, we really wrote in a character who is a nerdy, shy but hot girl who has magical powers far beyond the scope of normal people, and she isn't a self parody! and you can have sex with her! even if you're a girl! also our other characters are half-baked stereotypes (warrior race warrior, rogue cop, hey guys did i tell you i'm a space gypsy? girl, soldier girl, military-conducted childhood abuse boy).

I don't post if I don't have anything to say, which I guess makes me better than the rest of your so-called "community." 8)

Indeed. However, it did have good ingredients. Not great, but good. It just didn't mix them right. Way too much walking around and way too many transition areas and movies really watered down the experience. I'm not even going to mention that damned vehicle (twas about as fun to control as a boat on restless waters). I'm hoping Alpha Protocol keeps this sort of stuff to a minimum.

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

My research indicates ME was a very troubled project from technical point of view, and at some point they just had to take what they had, polish it up so it was playable, and ship it, which explains its half-baked and awkward state. Amazingly most reviewers and players completely missed that and declared it a great game.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Outside of the "sidequests" Mass Effect was a lot of fun for me.

Soldier using Assault Rifles by the way, which did pretty well for me.

But hey, it's cool to hate. It's also cool to like KOTOR over Mass Effect, and even claim that the similarities that are in KOTOR are good, but when shown in Mass Effect, they are bad.

Meh.

Is Alpha Protocol going to have gameplay similar to a video game?

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

Indeed. However, it did have good ingredients. Not great, but good. It just didn't mix them right. Way too much walking around and way too many transition areas and movies really watered down the experience. I'm not even going to mention that damned vehicle (twas about as fun to control as a boat on restless waters). I'm hoping Alpha Protocol keeps this sort of stuff to a minimum.

Yeah.

The main problems with the combat were it was too stat based, it took too many shots to kill a given enemy, and it had auto-aim. It may as well have just been KotOR combat disguised as third-person shooter.

Oh, and the cover system was AWFUL.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

But hey, it's cool to hate. It's also cool to like KOTOR over Mass Effect, and even claim that the similarities that are in KOTOR are good, but when shown in Mass Effect, they are bad.

Meh.

Its also cool to say Carth was an interesting, well written character.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Meh.

This.

If there was one thing that I really enjoyed about KotOR2, it was not having Carth around to whine my ear off with sloppy, melodramatic, poorly-written dialogue.

Edited by Oblarg

Meh.

This.

If there was one thing that I really enjoyed about KotOR2, it was not having Carth around to whine my ear off with sloppy, melodramatic, poorly-written dialogue.

I think we've had enough Kotor/Mass Effect in this thread for now, thank you :aiee:

Back to Alpha Protocol...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein