Alex Brandon leaving Obsidian

funcroc

I guess you guys haven't heard about how Michael Thorton gets from his safehouses to his missions, then. It's pretty "rad".

I sense an Ostrich Hammer.

I feel a disturbance in the force. It's as though a hundred devs simultaneously facepalmed, and then fell silent bc the nda is still in place.

twitter

He's pretty new in the biz then. We'll see. :getlost:

This will be interesting, seeing as how most of his work consist of Tony Hawk games.

I guess you guys haven't heard about how Michael Thorton gets from his safehouses to his missions, then. It's pretty "rad".

Let me guess: hoverboard, right? Or do we get a fancy car ala James Bond? Maybe we just steal one on the street like Jason Bourne? Or do we have the entire CTU come in by helicopter to pick us up ala Jack Bauer?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

• 1 month later...

http://frifri.livejournal.com/575612.html

To all the nerds reading this because of the Alpha Protocol video

I was miscredited for reasons unknown. Obsidian's current Audio Director is one Scott Lawlor, who is ****ing fantastic and I respect him a great deal. Alongside Andrew Dearing, whom we hired from Pandemic just a couple of months ago, we are a goddamned dream team and we're busting our asses to deliver Alpha Protocol to ya'll in a decent condition.

There are bombs and bass blasting off either side of me as I speak, here at the Obsidian office dungeon... >.>

I am merely a Sound Designer, and once Alpha Protocol is shipped I get to be a full time Lead for Audio on Fallout: New Vegas. I cannot wait for that. ^_^

Hope that clears things up!

I'm pretty sure twitter and whatnot lets us know more about these departures, so that the turnover rate seems higher.

This sucks. I really wonder what is going on at Obsidian with all the leaves and new hires. People are vanishing so fast, that can't be a good thing.

Or it could be normal turnover for a company with 120+ people, many of which are only contracted.