Greetings all seeking staff for new news/community site

Rhomal

Greetings all, long time no post I know. Been busy with many things both offline and on as of late.

As some of you may know I ran nwn2news.net for 3.5 yrs, the most successful* non-commercial nwn2 news and community site. Been out of the news site scene for awhile as some of you know. Needed a little break, time to delve into other interests and games. However I have been approached about starting a new news/community site off the ground for an unannounced mmorpg by a major brand name in the gothic-punk setting. I am seeking staff to help me with this endeavor. As some of you may recall I lead nwn2news to break many exclusives in the years we were online to become a "community leader".

To be upfront since this project is unannounced currently (I expect it to go public before the summer, its in early dev currently) there won't be a huge amount of news or work to start with until the official announcement. However I want to get everyone onboard now, get the site up and start to get the site traffic, community forming for when it does. We will have access to the dev team and I am sure partake in a close relationship with them as time goes on as we did with nwn2.

Positions I am looking for:

News Hound (3 positions) - Scan the net for latest news on the game, post that and articles relating to the game both pre and post release

Interview Manager (2 positions) - Conduct interviews with both the dev team and community leaders, write and post such on the site

Community Manager (2 positions) - Post and update database of community guilds, conduct interview with guild leaders

IRC OPs (6 positions) - advertise and monitor the irc server/room

If interested please send me a PM here, your name, contact info, what position you'd like and basic background as it relates to what you are applying for and any info you feel I should have for consideration.

Please note I can NOT tell you anything more about the game then I have posted at this time.

Thanks for your time and interest!

-R

* On average 15,000 unique IP hits and 4.5 million page views a month in my final year

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

Gothic-punk MMO + Rhomal site?

Good combination.

I'll take that as a compliment, thank you. :lol:

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

Sounds like a great game idea, I wonder who the developer is? I'll definitely come lurk on the boards :D

I should have the site up and go public by new years or there abouts. I'll certainly post here when it does! :(

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---

Are you working on Nightshade's secret PS3 game too?

Wouldn't touch or waste my time on a console game site with a 10' pole. Just saying.

Edited by Rhomal

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---

You're a tard... felt the need to say that.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

No no, he's doing that with his LittleBigPlanet friends!

You are infact an even LARGER tard.

Hey, Nightshape, you are the one making a PS3 game instead of a ultra cool Xbox 360 game with a kickarse co-op mode. So who is the real tard. Who I ask you!?!?! :bat:

Anyhoot, good to hear you are still around, Rhomal, and hope you are successful with the new site. Also, isn't a 10' pole a staff? So if you have a 10' pole wouldn't you have the staff you are seeking? Or maybe a staff of seeking? Hmmmm... I must ponder. :)

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Hey, Nightshape, you are the one making a PS3 game instead of a ultra cool Xbox 360 game with a kickarse co-op mode. So who is the real tard. Who I ask you!?!?! :bat:

Anyhoot, good to hear you are still around, Rhomal, and hope you are successful with the new site. Also, isn't a 10' pole a staff? So if you have a 10' pole wouldn't you have the staff you are seeking? Or maybe a staff of seeking? Hmmmm... I must ponder. :)

hhmm that now is going to make me ponder... just like the theory of advanced physics that says we are not really where we think we are, just more likely to be there then somewhere else... :)

Puzzles of the universe aside thank you, glad to see I am not totally forgotten. I however don't recognize many of the names anymore sadly... What ever happened to the old crew?

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---

Hey, Nightshape, you are the one making a PS3 game instead of a ultra cool Xbox 360 game with a kickarse co-op mode. So who is the real tard. Who I ask you!?!?! :)

I have never stated this. I said, I was working on something that is expected to be out on PS3, and XBOX 360... Perhaps folk should just wait a while until I can just say "I'm working on this".

See it's the mis-quotation that bothers me.

I don't know anyone from media molecule, my exact statements was more along the lines of "I work with someone who does". Which is true.

"ultra cool Xbox 360 game with a kickarse co-op mode" < Maybe it will, maybe it won't, maybe you should all just wait.

Edited by Nightshape

Puzzles of the universe aside thank you, glad to see I am not totally forgotten. I however don't recognize many of the names anymore sadly... What ever happened to the old crew?

They died. We ate their corpses.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

They call this the...Mass Effect.

Killian sings!

Mass Effecting across the universe!

On starship Normandy

under the Shepherd!

Mass Effecting across the universe!

Grabbing collars and shooting

everything that moves!

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Killian ate Sand.

That's a sad state of affairs. I kinda liked sand, he grew on me just like V did.

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---

Hmmm is this the un-announced World of Darkness MMOG? :sorcerer:

This is the big question.

And I predict the answer is "yes".

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds