What kind of future settings is Obsidian planning?

Winterwolf

Something like that could do wonders to character development. A great storyteller could use such a setting/scene/theme to really get into the mind of the player character and his/her companions.

I really hope someone has the guts to make Warszawa Ghetto: The Game. As long as it's true to the real deal, I hope won't be banned because of dealing with sensitive issues. You've got to learn from history, you can't ignore it, so why not make a game?

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Just go with steampunk. Steampunk never, ever fails.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Our next game will be set in Lazytown.

Will there be pirates?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Our next game will be set in Lazytown.

... and I was hoping for a cheap rip off of the Bachelor

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Or Walsingham's idea, turns out he's not completely useless, who'd have thought.

I am indeed an incomplete waste of space.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Have I mentioned how Steampunk is severely underused and unexplored?

How about this one:

You're in a land called Purgatorio, a perpetually hot desert where everyone seems to lack morals and everyone wants you dead. You're a man (or woman) with no name. You go from town to town, wandering, looking for quests, money, booze, and women. You can be a well dressed, smooth talking, snake oil salesman. You can be a ponchod gunslinger. You can be a filthy, drunken oaf. Your actions decide your alignment, of which there are three--Good, Bad, and Ugly--and at times its hard to tell the difference between them. You can choose skills that range from pistol slinging, sharp shooting, explosives, knife throwing, smooth talking, intimidation, stealth, stealing, and gambling. The score is an homage to Ennio Morricone. The setting is an homage to Spaghetti Westerns, to Sam Peckinpah, and to John Ford.

OK, if the modern world is too sensitive, what about the Hindu Kush during the Great Game? Vampire governor generals, trying to put a nosferatu pretender on the throne of Khabul. Hapless redcoated soldiers being lead into ambushes by Indian thaumaturges trying to use their blood for dark sorcery? The thundering glory of a cavalry charge in harsh dry sunlight, crashing like a wave into splintered foaming blood, as they hit a line of werewolf tribesmen. The soft night air around the red fort, alive with the scent of frangipani and the laughter of ghosts. A world where rumour and innuendo are as important as armies and muskets. Where the Raj greases the musket rounds, not with pig fat, but with human fat to produce more fierce warriors. And that's before we even begin to discover what truly lies behind the advance of the Tsar's agents southwards towards Herat...

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Said it before and say it again, the Shadowrun universe is screaming for a solid CRPG to be made of it.

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

I like the idea of a western-setting.

Now combine it with steampunk and I'll actually play it.

If there'll ever be a Shadowrun RPG, it has to go through MS, which means Xbox 360 exclusive.

Not that this bothers me.

Not entirely. I mean, something's gotta sell them Windows 7 sooner or later ...

But I'm guessing you're more right than wrong.

Didn't Microsoft say something along the lines of that they are committed to PC gaming when they started doing the whole Games for Windows thing? Maybe I'm just imagining it all or just wishful thinking. :(

btw

Happy New Year!

They said that when they were still promoting Vista. However, Vista turned out to be unpopular, and DX10 didn't really have any important advantages, so they just dropped the ball on that.

Not sure about Windows 7 though. Shadowrun could be released on that, but most likely a year later as an afterthought... as with all MS PC titles.

Didn't Microsoft say something along the lines of that they are committed to PC gaming when they started doing the whole Games for Windows thing? Maybe I'm just imagining it all or just wishful thinking. :(

btw

Happy New Year!

They said that when they were still promoting Vista. However, Vista turned out to be unpopular, and DX10 didn't really have any important advantages, so they just dropped the ball on that.

Not sure about Windows 7 though. Shadowrun could be released on that, but most likely a year later as an afterthought... as with all MS PC titles.

They are still producing 'games for windows' titles FO3 and GTA4 being the most recent so I wouldn't worry about a non-pc version. Dual platform odds are, but I think they realize xbox only versions are shooting themselves in the foot. DX10 has some pretty nice features however they are evolutionary, not revolutionary hence why it didn't make a big splash. (I didn't think it was going to). If you look at dx9 and dx10 of the same scene side by side you will see some noticeable difference. But its not earth shattering which I think MS hyped it up to be when it really was closer to dx9.5 level of improvement IMO.

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

Well I recently played Gears of War 2 for the Xbox 360 (360 basically supports DX9 API plus some extra instructions) and it blows Crysis with DX10 (which looks the same like DX9) out of the water. So I don't feel that the PC has a graphical advantage over the 360 yet. I also don't think that they're shooting themself into the foot by releasing 360 exclusives, which is shown by the recent sales of Fable 2 and Gears 2.

We can get lucky these days if MS releases PC games at all. So if there ever will be a Shadowrun RPG, then it's most likely a 360 exclusive. If Bioware would be the developer, they might convince MS to make a PC version as well (good relationship and all that).

Bioware the developer of the SR RPG?! I just threw up in my mouth a little bit...

Only RPG dev that could pull it off properly IMO is Obsidian. They are not afraid to deal with dark, mature themes which the SR universe requires and leave the kiddie-fy writing to other devs, like bioware, who don't have the testicular fortitude to do.

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---

Bioware the developer of the SR RPG?! I just threw up in my mouth a little bit...

Only RPG dev that could pull it off properly IMO is Obsidian. They are not afraid to deal with dark, mature themes which the SR universe requires and leave the kiddie-fy writing to other devs, like bioware, who don't have the testicular fortitude to do.

Well, I know (when questioned) that Dgaider and a lot of Bio folks would be very keen on making a SR RPG. Why not? After all, DA will be a "dark and mature" attempt at RPGs as well, so why not letting them do a SR RPG as well? Sure I'd personally prefer Obsidian as well, but it's still more likely a MS/Bio combo since they worked together so long already.