FL Teen Commits Suicide Live On Web

Guard Dog

I'm ****ing amazed to hear people talking about suicide as for cowards. I'll grant you some cowards commit suicide. But I also know of cases of decorated soldiers comitting suicide, so don't give me any of that ****.

Trueneutral, I repsect you being against suicide. I'm 99% against suicide, myself. I'm given over considerable personal effort to helping people not kill themselves. But that's my point. You don't stop people committing suicide by telling them they are worthless ****s for thinking about suicide! :lol: That's like trying to stop someone from eating by telling them they look hungry.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I think the reason to castigate suicides is simply to make the prospect less appealing for teenagers. We don't want to glamorize killing yourself, lest more folks actually kill themselves. On the other hand, spitting vitriol at dead folks is pretty rough. I'm a big wimp, so I would never commit suicide and I don't like saying bad stuff about the folks who do.

That makes a bit more sense. But aren't rebellious teen suicides spurred on by feelings of alienation from society?

If anyone is still clinging to the 'yellow coward' view, why not insult this eight year old boy.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

on a side note: the woman who caused a girl to suicide via myspace had her crime reduced to a misdemenor, her husband is still looking at a felony.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

You don't stop people committing suicide by telling them they are worthless ****s for thinking about suicide! :sorcerer: That's like trying to stop someone from eating by telling them they look hungry.

My girlfriend's dad has clinical depression and has attempted several times. Of course I would never talk to him in such a way, because that would probably only give his apparent desire to end his life more fuel. I am not dumb enough to actually say crap like this to people who have such problems - that would be entirely counterproductive.

But if he would do it, I would in fact find him a complete and utter jackass because he would basically be telling his wife, son and two daughters that they are simply not important enough to continue living for. There is no excuse to hurt the people who love you in this way, and if you do it, I'm pretty sure that you never truly loved them. It is one hundred percent unforgivable in my eyes.

I'm holding that case you linked to as an exception however. Mostly because I have no point of reference to get into his mind. I don't understand why he did it and I get the impression that he didn't understood why either, or even what he was doing in the first place. The difference being with most other cases is that I have experienced clinical depression myself and I kept going because I didn't want to hurt anyone else.

P.S. I have never said they were cowards. Just complete jerks.

So right now you dont find him a complete and utter jackass but you would if he succeeded? That sounds a bit odd to me.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

Hate to insult 8 year olds but I'm not above. But, yes, while the boy's story is indeed sad, he is indeed a coward. He apparantly killed himself because he couldn't face living without his mother and grandfather. That sounds like fear, and fear leads to cowards.

And, yeah, it's a little less cut and dry since it is an 8 year old so I could forgive him for not seeing the big picture; but now his poor father (and grandmother) have to deal with yet ANOTHER loss.

He wanted to stop the pain without caring how his choice would effect others = SELFISH

He couldn't face life without those he had lost = COWARD

Sometimes the harsh truth is just that - harsh.

Of course, like I said above, I'm not without sympathy. I wouldn't wish what he went through on anyone. But, he's not the only one whose gone through losing people - even kiddies younger than him suck it up, go on, and live a full happy life.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Condolences to the family. And yes, most people who kill themselves are cowards to the nth degree... though it does take some balls to point a gun at your own head and pull the trigger.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I'm sorry fio but have to make a point.

Calling an 8 year old selfish and a coward: Douche

Trying to justify calling an 8 year old selfish and a coward: Double Douche

Being a Double Douche: Ultimate Douche

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Hey, if you can't handle differing opinions even if they harsh that's your problem not mine. At least disucss the issue without resorting to attack me. That's mean, and I might commit suicide over it. You wouldn't want that, would you? Afterall, 'inciting' someone to suicide is evil and makes you responsible for their decision. -_-

Id like you to try losing everything youve ever had. Then try it while being an eight year old and see how you feel.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

He has his father, and grandmother. Don't they count?

And, you don't know what I have or haven't lost so don't make up silly assumptions.

And, I'm glad you'd like me to lose everything. How humanitarian of you.

Edited by Volourn

He has his father, and grandmother. Don't they count?

And, you don't know what I have or haven't lost so don't make up silly assumptions.

And, I'm glad you'd like me to lose everything. How humanitarian of you.

1. Fine, you got me there. He only lost half of his family.

2. Im not trying to make assumptions about your life or what you lost. Im just saying, this kid lost two very important figures in his life when he was eight.

3. Yes and you're so humanitarian with your "He's a coward because he couldnt see the big picture" ****. I dont know about you, but when I was eight years old i wasnt going around thinking "Hm, I wonder how this choice will affect everyone around me."

Edited by awsomeness

"1. Fine, you got me there. He only lost half of his family."

K.

"2. Im not trying to make assumptions about your life or what you lost. Im just saying, this kid lost two very important figures in his life when he was eight."

I never said it was a good thing. It sucks, and it's a horrible thing to face. I never said I didn't sympathize with his pain.

"3. Yes and you're so humanitarian with your "He's a coward because he couldnt see the big picture" ****. I dont know about you, but when I was eight years old i wasnt going around thinking "Hm, I wonder how this choice will affect everyone around me."

Read my entire posts. It sucks what happen nor would I wish it on anyone.

And, perhaps you should have put more thoguht in your choices. I know I certainly did. Doesn't mean my chocies were always correct (8 year olds are often wrong obviously); but to say that 8 year olds can't think of others is silly. Sure, they can. And, he's far from the only 8 year old to suffer such great loss... yet most live on. *shrug*

Hey, if you can't handle differing opinions even if they harsh that's your problem not mine. At least disucss the issue without resorting to attack me. That's mean, and I might commit suicide over it. You wouldn't want that, would you? Afterall, 'inciting' someone to suicide is evil and makes you responsible for their decision. -_-

Volo... If you commit suicide, I'm going to come onto the Obsidian forums and call you a COWARD! :p

Sounds fair; but at that point I doubt I'd care. a) I'd be dead. b) I'd obviously would have had to give up on life, anyways, and stopped worrying about others' opinions.

Legendary thread.

"Man up, kid. You've still got one arm, one parent, and one lung."

-Elwood Blues

Sounds fair; but at that point I doubt I'd care. a) I'd be dead. b) I'd obviously would have had to give up on life, anyways, and stopped worrying about others' opinions.

Exactly. Calling them a coward is rather meaningless to the person who is dead. It only has meaning for the person who calls them a coward. Sounds kind of selfish to the person who is name calling as well.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

"Legendary thread.

"Man up, kid. You've still got one arm, one parent, and one lung.""

HAHA. It's called tough love.

Let's say the kid decided to stay alive but instead got into lots of trouble 'cause he couldn't ahndle the loss - he wouldn't be allowed to get away it without being called on it eventually, right? Just like many child molestors were molested when they were children... yet, we simply don't let them go with an 'AWWW! It's understandbale, you are alls crewed up."

"Sounds kind of selfish to the person who is name calling as well."

To really be considered selfish, one would have to get something out of their actions. I get nothing out of this. Not satisifaction, not pride, nothing. It's a sucky situation all around. In fact, unlike the kid, I actually am thinking about the father and grandmother who just lost ANOTHER member of their family. How come people in this thread aren't thinking of them? Don't they count?

No one says they dont count. I think we all realize the impact these choices have on the families. But these people arent in their right minds. They cant comprehend the fact that these people might feel just as bad as them. They think that they feel the worst of any human on the planet.

So... if a person kills themselves because they're upset, tehy're weak and selfish because they may upset others? Surely the people who get upset are worse. I mean, they're not even dead! I mean come on, dude, it was just your mom! Man up!

-Elwood Blues

I agreew ith Gorgon. Very few of the strongest people I know are blind to weakness. Everyone has weaknesses. Contempt for weakness seems associated with never accepting sufficiently tough challenges, so you never have to face your own weakness.

-Elwood Blues