NHL

Gorth

I haven't really watched any playoff hockey,Hurlshot, but has Thornton been as bad as the internetz made him out to be after game four?

Nope, he's got the lone goal. He didn't play well in game four, but he played good in the other three. But he hasn't been the best player on the ice, either, at least not for a full 60 minutes. And there is an expectation that he do that. I think it's a bit unrealistic, he's a playmaker and right now his supporting cast isn't getting it done when he does get the pass to them.

So what I'm saying is he could play better, but I don't think he's playing badly. he first twenty minutes of this game was awesome though,h e was chirping at Getzlaf from the start, he put it in the net, and he set up some big plays. If he carries it into the next two periods, the Sharks should survive to play again.

Sharks win!

Went to OT. It's amazing that the Sharks have doubled the shots of Anaheim in 4 of 5 games, and they are the ones with their backs against the wall.

Patty Marleau has a ton of game winning goals in the playoffs. He got it done again.

http://www.hhof.com/graphHome3/header_banner.gif

LMAO Rangers should fire him for behaviour that hurts the team, and their public image. HAHAHA! Torttool is such a tool! LMAO

"Tortorella's suspension comes just days after he criticized forward Sean Avery for his behaviour in Game 4."

GAME OVER, tort, GAME OVER!

I *really* hope Rangers win in game 6 so they can show once and for all that this pathetic hypocritical excuse of a coach and human being is a piece of crap who shouldn't be coaching road hockey. How the heck did this bozo ever win a cup in TB?

"It's amazing that the Sharks have doubled the shots of Anaheim in 4 of 5 games, and they are the ones with their backs against the wall."

Yeah, they have company in that club with Washington. :(

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Way to go Torttool! You just destroyed the Rangers' will to win with your selfishness! You cost the team a 1st round victory unless we get lucky in game 7. Absolutely moronic! I have missed the game so far (overslept); but I have little doubt that Avery was likely way too tentative as he din't want to make coach take a temper tantrum again. Fire him, quick, before game 7!

Edited by Volourn

Way to go Torttool! You just destroyed the Rangers' will to win with your selfishness! You cost the team a 1st round victory unless we get lucky in game 7. Absolutely moronic! I have missed the game so far (overslept); but I have little doubt that Avery was likely way too tentative as he din't want to make coach take a temper tantrum again. Fire him, quick, before game 7!

Yeah, they were showing replays of Avery simply not finishing his checks (that he's usually known to finish)

It will be an interesting off-season for Avery, that's for sure. His coach hung him out to dry here. Whether his actions were right or wrong, this was badly handled by Torts. Avery has a lot of faults, but he gives everything on every shift, and benching him was just a lousy message to send.

The Rangers will have to decide who they want to get rid of here. I'd say side with Avery and ditch Torts, but I don't think that will ever happen. Siding with an already controversial player is just not how NHL teams operate.

It will also be interesting to see what will happen if the Rangers do cut Avery loose? Will someone take him in? He's a difference maker in games, but he also brings a lot of negative attention.

Maybe the Kings will bring him back. They need the help, and LA is a market that doesn't pay attention to antics.

I doubt the Kings would bring him back, and I doubt he'd want to go back. I'm sure someone would sign him; but it would be a greats in if the Rangers release/trade/get rid of Avery - espicially considering all the garbage other Rangers have done in the last few games recklessness wise.

"The Rangers will have to decide who they want to get rid of here. I'd say side with Avery and ditch Torts, but I don't think that will ever happen. Siding with an already controversial player is just not how NHL teams operate."

Which is really sad considering how hypocritically bad Torttool comes off when the very next game after benching Avery for 'bad behaviour', he gets suspended by the NHL for 'bad behaviour'. L0L And, because of his selfishness, the Rangers are gonna blow a 3-1 lead for the first time in team history.

And, the Rangers' record with Avery compared to without him says everything I need to know. Meanwhile, their record pre and post Tort is not a bit of a difference; but if they get eliminated they'd have done worse in the playoffs than the last two playoffs.

Edited by Volourn

I'm pretty bummed. It helped that they haven't played well the last two months, so it wasn't a terrible surprise like last year, when they entered the playoffs super hot. I've been thinking a lot about who needs to be kept, and who should be used as trade bait.

Defense keepers - Dan Boyle was the best Shark in the series, so they need him. There aren't any replacements available out there for his style of play. Douglas Murray is the other keeper, he was a hitting machine, and he doesn't have a ton of value on the market.

Goalie - Nabakov wasn't great, but unless Loungo or Lundquist become available, there isn't anyone out there. He's a consistent goalie, he will win games if the offense is doing what they are supposed to. In the 4 losses, the Sharks only managed 3 goals total, so you can't really blame the keeper. They do need to bring up their prospect and have him play 20 games next season, no matter what else happens.

Offense keepers - Eh, if they can make a good trade, everyone is fair game. I'd probably say hold on to Thornton unless you are getting a dominant player, because 90 points a season is tough to replace.

Just watching the highlights on TSN. In the celebration shot on the winning goal in New Jersey you can see a New Jersey fan in the stands at the top left of the frame flipping off the Carolina players. ;)

Also, big thank you to Carolina and Washington! I went 4-4 in the first round instead of 2-6 thanks to their comeback wins. :)

"What about Sather, Volo? Don't you feel he's responsible too?"

Eh. i've been Sather should have been gone ever since the off season. The fact he let Jagr, and Avery (and even Shanahan to a degree thanks to the replacements) go and picked up also ran Naslund, and never was Zherdev as 'replacements'. Not to mention, he's the fool who thought Dury and Gomez were worthy of 7mil+ contracts and then forced Jagr out because he felt it was time for those two punks to 'take over the team'. Well, great stuff, Mr. GM. They took the team out of the 2nd round of playoffs... back to 1st round. L0LZ And, if wasn't for Avery and Lunqvist, and a solid defense, we wouldn't have even gotten that far.

P.S. My 'consolation' prize is I went 6-2 with my predictions. L0L