Left 4 Dead

alanschu

Seriously, I have no idea how do console folks play L4D without getting ass owned. The zombies are anything but SLOW! With that kind of speed, I thought only people with PCs could actually shoot something as well as able to get far in Expert/Impossible mode.

yeah I got the PC one, add me my steam id is Bokishi

weeeeaakk. getting the 360 version if anything, guess i'll have to play with Moron1 and Moron2 if anybody. Oh and Tori<333

I've picked it up as well. The limited time I have spent on it has made me nowhere near ready to challenge the game on Llyranor mode yet.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I had a great few rounds as a smoker last night (including one where I kicked ass despite there being two glitches where I ended up not properly constricting a guy despite him being stuck in spot for like 4 or 5 seconds).

My favourite was on the Sewers level of No Mercy. The survivors were on the lift to the roof, which spawns the big mobs and whatnot. A boomer got them on the top of the lift, and they tried making a mad dash to the window, and I popped out from behind a truck, and pulled zoey down to street level. Since she was boomer juiced a mob wailed on her as I pulled her to me, and she took some pretty heavy falling damage damage as well. It caused extra chaos as a guy jumped off the building to save her, only to get pounced by a hunter. Eventually it led to a wipe and we win!

Bok joined a friend and I last night. THough I ended up getting switched teams somehow (they got stuck with some **** named dupree' who sucked haha). I remember using the smoker to interrupt Bok healing at the last moment, and then incapacitated him :)

Had some good times on Blood Harvest with them. I survived a whole round as a smoker, being a jerk and pulling stragglers away and waiting for mobs to come so I could be a jerk.

Edited by alanschu

D'oh! Stupid tank. Got through to the end of the hospital, survived several waves of zombies (admittedly not very hard since I was playing on easy just to get a feel for the game) and then the last tank comes along and at full health he throws me off the edge of the building. :)

I'm beginning to think I have to buy this. I just have to figure out whose money I'm going to use...

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Got two x-boxes together last night and we did a four man team. No Mercy and the small town one. No Mercy was pretty sweet, but we really struggled with getting on the boat in the small town. In the last attempt last night we actually fought FIVE tanks. I think the director got annoyed because we had such a tight defence we didn't take any damage to speak of for about five minutes.

It is a bit annoying to get penalised to doing things well, but I do understand/accept the principle. I think the key must be moving around periodically. Next time we get together I think the solution will be to fight each wave (in order): picnic ground, house upper floor, house understairs cupboards, jetty.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Are you talking about the finale?

The most I have ever seen on the finale levels are three tanks (two that you have to fight, and then another tank after the boat arrives that you flip the bird to when you run away)

Yup. Five. Like I say, I think we annoyed the director with our well-disciplined defence. Two main shooters, and the other two ONLY fired when the main shooters were reloading, and were being attacked. This tactic takes some determination and trust, but it's fun once you get used to it. You literally sit there while zombies are stopped inches away by shotgun blasts.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

You really should - exbert and advanced are the way to play. :(

I bumped it up to advanced. Health packs are definitely needed now. I was working my way through Death Toll before I decided to take a break. It's hard to quantify just how much more resilient the zombies are. On easy they would sometimes go down to one pistol hit, but never took more than two. Now they take at least two, sometimes as many as four before they drop for good. Hunters and Smokers are still really easy. I've never had a hunter pin me for more than half a second thanks to my team. Smokers have been more annoying, usually because they appear out of nowhere right after a fight. I still haven't played online with anyone else yet, mainly because everyone else has been playing on Advanced or Expert and I didn't feel I was quite ready for that. It's one thing to suck with a bunch of AI teammates. It's another thing to suck with a team of real people. :)

Witches are a lot scarier now although I've managed to avoid have any of my team hurt by one so far. The first one must have hit some sort of AI glitch in the sewer. In the second level with the big cylindrical room with an ammo pile and the catwalk that circles the upper portion. We came in on the upper level and the witch was down below. I figured the witch was safely down below so I opened fire. Then it started climbing the ladder and I was all "OH CRAP!" It got to the top of the ladder ran about a quarter of the way around the catwalk and them jumped back to the lower level. I figured that one of my team must have hit it with a shotgun blast as it jumped and knocked it over the edge. Until it climbed the ladder and did it again. And again. The second witch was on the road in the church level. It was just before the house that you go through before getting to the church itself. I set it on fire with a molotov and just ran backwards while pumping lead into it until it died.

Speaking of that house right before the church, I ran into a tank just after I left that house. I came out the back and was just about to start clearing out the mob of zombies that were just milling about when in comes the tank. That was the first time I had to fight a tank and zombies at the same time. My team mostly took care of the tank while I ran around trying to keep the zombies occupied and was doing quite a good job of it until the took me down. I finished off the last couple zombies from the ground just in time to see Zoey take down the tank. That's when I realized that Bill was dead, while Francis and I were both incapacitated. Zoey revived us both but none of us had any med kits left. Francis and I both popped some pain meds, but we didn't have any real health left while Zoey had about 30 real health and about 30 more temporary health. I figured we were totally screwed because the only thing left was the church fight. Bill showed up again in the graveyard thankfully and we just barely managed to survive the last fight after Bill got dragged through a huge mob of zombies by a smoker in the middle of the fight. None of us had more than 20 health, real or temporary, when we finally made it inside. :shifty:

EDIT: Also, I seem to be the only one in the thread that hasn't been infected with the Outbreak achievement yet. Take that losers!

Edited by Deraldin