Left 4 Dead

alanschu

Gah! I just died on the run to the helicopter in No Mercy on easy! I died on Llyranor mode!

The helicopter arrived and all four of us were at 90% health or better so we run from the landing pad. Just as we get there the zombies start to swarm around us. I stop to get rid of the worst of them so that the stupid AI will get on the copter instead of shooting and it worked quite well. They all jump on the copter and I'm literally in the air as I make the jump into the copter when a smoker grabs me and drags me off. What do my stupid AI teammates do? Do they jump out and come get me when the only thing out there is a smoker? No! The idiots just sit there in the helicopter while I'm dangling at the end of a smoker's tongue yelling at the damn screen as my health slowly ticks away. I lose all my health and the damn smoker drops me. This is the point where one of my team decides "Oh crap! Zoey is incapped! Maybe I should help?" and tries to come get me. By this time however the next wave of zombies has showed up and I'm doing my best to hold them off while Bill pulls me up, but I can only do so much from the ground. After the 5th time Bill gets me to 50% a tank rounds the corner, throws Bill off the edge of the building and them stomps me into the ground.

Being knocked off the roof by a tank is one thing, but sitting there being constricted by a smoker for 30 seconds while he takes your health from 85 down to 0 and none of your AI team bothers to help you until after you're incapped? Augh!

:)

Hahaha the AI can be pretty laugh out loud at certain times :)

My favourite is still when Louis decided to open up the door to the safe room to save Bill even though there were tanks (well....4 of them because I was a jerk to my friend haha) just outside clobbering him to death haha.

Hahaha the AI can be pretty laugh out loud at certain times :p

My favourite is still when Louis decided to open up the door to the safe room to save Bill even though there were tanks (well....4 of them because I was a jerk to my friend haha) just outside clobbering him to death haha.

Hah! Next time those jerks leave me behind like that I'm gonna shoot them and then run for the escape vehicle myself. >_<

Single-player - easy mode. My teammates have used up all their health packs and pain pills to keep me alive. I killed Zoey while 'saving' her from a hunter. Everyone is at yellow save for me (green).

We're, um, only at the second safe house.

Oh, and did you know you're not supposed to shine your lights on a 'witch'? Who knew, right?

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Single-player - easy mode. My teammates have used up all their health packs and pain pills to keep me alive. I killed Zoey while 'saving' her from a hunter. Everyone is at yellow save for me (green).

We're, um, only at the second safe house.

Oh, and did you know you're not supposed to shine your lights on a 'witch'? Who knew, right?

Heh. Single-player only = easy mode if you are playing on anything below advanced. Advanced is still moderately easy, but expert is killer. Come to think of it, expert is killer even when you have four humans together.

I just finished a couple rounds with a group that thought advanced was too easy. They were nuts. The only level where we didn't limp through to the end with half the group either dead or all of us with less than 10 health was the last stand on Dead Air. There were 8 deaths among the other three group members and I hit 1 health more times than I care to remember. They started over on expert and we actually made it to the hospital on No Mercy, but all four of us died just after exiting the sewers. The next time we somehow triggered the tank before getting to the gas station so it came through the building and murdered three of us. We decided to quit while we were ahead...

In singleplayer, you have the massive advantage of not being shot in the back by Nick, or not being lit on fire by Nick, or not have every car alarm and witch stepped on by Nick, or being helped by AI when knocked down by a tank rather than having Nick hide in another room far away, or not having Nick shot you down while trying to run off to the escape vehicle when he's already sitting in there waiting.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

In singleplayer, you have the massive advantage of not being shot in the back by Nick, or not being lit on fire by Nick, or not have every car alarm and witch stepped on by Nick, or being helped by AI when knocked down by a tank rather than having Nick hide in another room far away, or not having Nick shot you down while trying to run off to the escape vehicle when he's already sitting in there waiting.

Sounds like the multiplayer match I was in last night. Tried three times to get through the subway in No Mercy on Expert each time we died horribly, twice to a tank that killed either three or all four of us. Fourth time through the other people stopped caring about friendly fire. Then there is the warning shots into the head that says, "Don't heal me, heal yourself." :lol:

I kill the most zombies, but take far more damage. Is there any way of encouraging the AI teammates to take point? Last night, I played Death Toll for the first time, and came upon a witch in the drain pipe. There was no way around her.

I tossed a pipe bomb at her - she took no damage and didn't notice me. I had to fire on her, and was brutally slain.

Also, is there a way for AI survivors to toss pipe-bombs or molatovs?

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Is there any way of encouraging the AI teammates to take point?

Not that I know of... :geek:

Also, is there a way for AI survivors to toss pipe-bombs or molatovs?

Again, not that I'm awhere of. :wacko:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

AIs don't use grenades. Which is as it should be, think of the carnage a molotov-bearing bot could bear on his teammates. It's hard enough with humans.

Molotov bearing humans are bad enough. I really, really don't want bots tossing molotovs. Grenades wouldn't be too bad though.

You can't have your teammates take point, but if you stick close enough to them, you can always retreat through them as the zombies rush forwards.

AIs don't use grenades. Which is as it should be, think of the carnage a molotov-bearing bot could bear on his teammates. It's hard enough with humans.

Molotov bearing humans are bad enough. I really, really don't want bots tossing molotovs. Grenades wouldn't be too bad though.

You can't have your teammates take point, but if you stick close enough to them, you can always retreat through them as the zombies rush forwards. In singleplayer matches I tend to kill the most zombies, usually doubling up on the next highest bot, but I still manage to be near the bottom in damage taken because I use the bots as the meatshields that they are when hordes rush me. Also bots will take point if there are alerted zombies in sight. Shoot some zombies in the distance and your bots will go after them, possibly drawing out more zombies for them to shoot.

Edited by Deraldin

From what I've seen of the Survivor AI, they're probably better at handling moltovs and pipe bombs than, say, Nick I Am.