Little Big Planet

Has anyone actually tried it yet? Frankly it looks like the kind of thing I'd play for a year just because I absolutly love making levels.

Also, cutest game evar.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I've got it. Only played the levels that were in the beta so far. With 3p local co-op, the game is a blast. Now, the thing is, we spent most of the time slapping each other (off ledges) and painting each others' faces with stickers, but just running around grabbing at everything, and racing to collect the little orbs was all good platforming fun. I still find the controls a bit floaty, but you get used to it.

Yeah, 'casual' appeal, but for the level-builder, the toolset is very powerful, while still remaining fairly easy to use (though if you want to make some complicated/detailed, it can be pretty time-consuming). This is one aspect of the game that the casual community won't touch much on, but that's the beauty of the game. Accessible to people who want to build complex levels, and accessible to people who just want to jump in and play. Community levels are apparently fairly easy to find. Co-op toolset is an awesome feature, and Nick and me will be brainstorming there.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I'll be getting it... maybe the fourth good game on the PS3? (Resistance, Uncharted, Disgaea, and now [potentially] LBP)

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I think I'd get a PS3 for this game alone. Suddenly a PS3 looks like it'd worth buying... Now if only the price dropped to the same as the 360's...

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I think buying a PS3 for one title is setting yourself up for disappointment. Make sure you're interested in the rest of the console's library.

There are some other worthy PS3 titles, depending on your tastes.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I think buying a PS3 for one title is setting yourself up for disappointment. Make sure you're interested in the rest of the console's library.

There are some other worthy PS3 titles, depending on your tastes.

Of course there's Team Ico's next project... which I'll remind you is a sort of sequel to Shadow of the Colossus and Ico.

Besides, online play is free, they have most of the non-exclusive games like Mirror's Edge, Dead Space, FarCry 2, etc. Heck, there's even the Orange Box on it! Sony always seems to win in the long run.

I am loving this game, it is so innovative and creative =) It's extremely simple but takes a lot of time to master (if you want to start getting those high scores!). It's one of those games that both unskilled and skilled gamers can all enjoy for different reasons.

If $5 a month is really that relevent, haha.

But yeah, the PS3 is finally looking to be worth owning, LBP, Resistance 2, Disgaea 3 and Vakyria Cronicles finally has me interested.

PS3 is a really odd beast to work with, it's one of those super powerful machines that does loads of stuff really nicely but its sure to eventually come out on top as dev's get to grips with programming the damn thing, it's not so much that coding the PS3 is hard, it's just different, and it's coupled with a learning curve on the graphics side, learning curve on the PPU and SPU side... It's just one big learning curve.

I do think that there are enough coders out there now that over the next 2 years the PS3 will begin to break away from the pack, there is one problem though, the PS3 is gimped by blue rays access and read times, which is slower under many conditions than the XBox 360, while disc access is slow there will always be limitations on what can be done when.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

For me, the PS2 is still more attractive than the PS3. Two, almost three, years after release, that's a bad thing.

If it takes another two years for the PS3 to 'break away from the pack,' that's a problem as consoles only last around four to five years before the next generation hits.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

For me, the PS2 is still more attractive than the PS3. Two, almost three, years after release, that's a bad thing.

If it takes another two years for the PS3 to 'break away from the pack,' that's a problem as consoles only last around four to five years before the next generation hits.

I think that they are finally starting to ramp up the releases. I'm guessing 2009 will be a good year for the PS3. I think the biggest problem is that they currently don't have many exclusive titles because all the of the larger developers are hitting a larger audience by putting games out on everything with a screen.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

This generation will have a much life cycle than previous generations. That is my general understanding atleast.

But hey lets just see. Main thing really is that the PS3 has seen releases of the same games as the XBox 360. When you actually look closely, the XBox doesn't have alot of reasons to be bought either.

The XBox 360 is alot easier to develop for (just a fact)... The PS3 isn't THAT hard to develop for it's just not as easy.

If Microsoft annouce another XBox next year then sony are likely to be doomed :shifty:.

You're right, infact I know of a game that should create some waves in 2010 :shifty:... SSSSssshhhh

You're right, infact I know of a game that should create some waves in 2010 :)... SSSSssshhhh

Do you mean Operation Flashpoint 2? Aren't you working on that? How is it going along anyway?

I'm not working on OFP2 but I do work with some guys who are, and I have seen it, and it's gunna be a whole new world of awesome!

I was actually on about what I am working on though but sssshhhh...