Missing Black Isle

Mixing anything with Oblivion leaves a pretty unpleasant taste.

In your opinion...

Sure. But its a darn good opinion! One of my best ones!

It's the misleading name. People think I'm a woman all the time as well.

When I signed up for this board so many years ago I wanted to leave my old handle behind as convincingly as possible. Too bad its not so easy in the real world.

I still can't believe that Visceris has gone through like four accounts here in that same time and they all have more posts than me...

Edited by CrashGirl
Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Sorry, er, guys, but I can't keep the male/female thing straight online. I'm pretty sure I could tell the difference for most of you in real life, though. I assumed Maria was a guy until she/he corrected me! Which is it, you freaks! lol

Does this mean it's safe to spam the thread? Just checkin' 'cause I don't usually get to spam and have fun.

Hey Crashgirl, didn't you enjoy playing Oblivion with all the major mods? I could be thinking of someone else.

Oh yeah, with some mods the game becomes better, definitely. And some aspects of the Shivering Isles expansion improved the game, but I think the core gamplay systems are hideously flawed.

And those faces! It's like little demons climbed into my computer and are are trying to get out. Disturbing, I think.

It's not that hard to believe.

It kinda is. Maybe? No? Hmmmm.

Edited by CrashGirl
Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

When I signed up for this board so many years ago I wanted to leave my old handle behind as convincingly as possible. Too bad its not so easy in the real world.

I still can't believe that Visceris has gone through like four accounts here in that same time and they all have more posts than me...

It's not the number of accounts, but the quality. What was your old handle again?

Sorry, er, guys, but I can't keep the male/female thing straight online. I'm pretty sure I could tell the difference for most of you in real life, though. I assumed Maria was a guy until she/he corrected me! Which is it, you freaks! lol

Does this mean it's safe to spam the thread? Just checkin' 'cause I don't usually get to spam and have fun.

Why would you think someone named 'Maria' was a guy? That's like thinking someone named 'CrashGirl' is.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Why would you think someone named 'Maria' was a guy? That's like thinking someone named 'CrashGirl' is.

Okay, but to be fair, the guy who wrote "All Quiet On the Western Front" was named Maria. I just kind of assumed that you were a guy. Wait, didn't you just say you're a guy? I'm soooo confused.

EDIT: Erich Maria Remarque. Guess his middle name is Maria. Unless that's like a two parter last name. I dunno.

Edited by Aristes

Fallout 3 is great. I spent about 3 days straight playing it an I want MOAR!!

My next character is going to be a melee character (super sledge, here I come!!) With an affinity for demolitions. Grenades and mines are so much fun in this game.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Instead of looking at it so negatively... can't we just say it's a great mix between fallout and oblivion and enjoy it for what it is?

They could, yes.

Ha, you must be new. CrashGirl is a dude.

It's the misleading name. People think I'm a woman all the time as well.

Wait... are you being serious or sarcastic?!?! Because I have 'known' you for perhaps a year now (including time spent on BioWare boards) and it has never once even occured to me that you might be a man. That is not to meant to be insulting, it's just a statement of my assumptions...