Why is ME better/worse than other Bioware games

Nick_i_am

Yeah, Kreia was probably at least on par or maybe a little below Carth and Bastila.

Are you part of the Bastila Lovers Club as well? If not, join us at the Bioware KOTOR forums!!1!

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I know that, as a character, Kreia, had some shortcomings, but saying she's a K1 level character seems a bit harsh. >_

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Kreia was a terrible character. They clearly intended that she come across as a sort of mentor to the PC and toward that end they spiced up her lines with a lot of extraneous and grammatically flawed dialogue. They tried to give some precision to her voice, but instead she just sounded like someone overextending her vocabulary. Half the members of this forum could come up with better dialogue off the cuff than Obsidian did over the course of development. She was the biggest major gripe I had with what was an otherwise excellent game.

As a character, the only flaw I saw in Kreia was that she tended to be both obvious and heavy-handed at times. I expect a master manipulator and powerful Sith lord to have a lighter, defter touch. The classic example would be when the PC gives money to a beggar and Kreia lectures you as you watch a cut-scene. Not only does she overstate her case, but the KotOR switches from game mode to movie mode.

At the same time, I realize there are limits to the level of storytelling and characterization built into a game. You have to be blatant if you want players who are only casually interested in the story to notice what you

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

"those in KotoR II were vastly superior to Kotor's."

No, they weren't.

"Kreia was a terrible character."

Geez.. Exaggeration much.

Kreia was a solid good character. I agree with maria about her mainw eaknesses, and why i often rant against thsoe who claim she's the 'bestest NPC ever' crowd.

"And, Kreia is still the best representation of a subtle Sith Lord we have. She

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Join us in our debate about whether you can get Bastila to officially kiss you only one or actually *twice* in the game!
I don't need to debate, I know the game only blacks out once.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

With a year more development time, Kotor2 surely would have beaten Kotor1 on every level. As far as the reality concerns, K2 is slightly inferior to K1 as a whole package, but still a remarkable feat given the short 14 month development time.

Agree, not sure about every level though, Mandalore is still no Canderous, and I don't even consider K2 inferior, I think it's a very even match overall.

Edit: And I think only 6 months or so would've been enough, heck, according to Chris the HK-50 factory only needed a few more days (knocks head on desk).

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

With a year more development time, Kotor2 surely would have beaten Kotor1 on every level. As far as the reality concerns, K2 is slightly inferior to K1 as a whole package, but still a remarkable feat given the short 14 month development time.

Agree, not sure about every level though, Mandalore is still no Canderous, and I don't even consider K2 inferior, I think it's a very even match overall.

With a year more development time, they certainly would have rewritten certain parts and fleshing out the characters more. Also, the leveldesign and art would have been improved, and the overall game a more polished and finished feel. But alas, exactly these shortcomings make K2 slightly inferior to K1, as a whole package.

"With a year more development time, they certainly would have rewritten certain parts and fleshing out the characters more. Also, the leveldesign and art would have been improved, and the overall game a more polished and finished feel."

Outside of being 'more polished' none of this is 100% sure. Why would Obsidian 'rewrite' things. perhaps, they liekd the writing just fine.. until people started criticisng it. Same with the characters. Level deisgn likely would have changd very little.

I like(d) Anomen. I don't know why people bash him so much. In fact, he's one of the best examples of where player to npc interaction can actually lead to change and consequences in BG2. He has a solid character arc that actually lead to character growth.

I like(d) Anomen. I don't know why people bash him so much. In fact, he's one of the best examples of where player to npc interaction can actually lead to change and consequences in BG2. He has a solid character arc that actually lead to character growth.

Anomen is the Volo of the BG series. Arrogant, stuck on himself, never wrong, opinionated, shallow minded and so on. :lol:

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

"Arrogant, stuck on himself, never wrong, opinionated, shallow minded and so on."

Compliments are always welcomed espicially for this ugly, mean guy that I am. :lol:

P.S. Arrogant - yes

Stuck on himself - Nah, I don't think too highly of myself. Afterall, I'm a scummy customer, and internet geek.. Two things I hate really much.

Never wrong - Preach it!

Opinionated - Oh noes! My crimes continue to mount against humanity!

Shallow minded - Nah, I doubt shallow minded means what you intend as it does not mean 'must agree with what the majority of the forums believe'... unless the defintion has changed last i checked.

R00fles!

L0L0L0L0LLIP0P

Marmolaid