Why is ME better/worse than other Bioware games

Nick_i_am

That's right, having an opinion is one thing, being able to back it up is something else.

and trying to hack down other peoples explaination of their opinon is somthing else again.

Yes, it's a discussion forum, we discuss things, meaning there are bound to be disagreements.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

snip
You do realize that this is, after all, a Star Wars product, yes? It's not supposed to be on the same level as Macchiavelli's Prince - it's a product intended for kids as well. Has it ever been done? Can it even be done? In any given literary work, there's always going to be people who believe that X or Z wasn't tackled with enough depth...

I think your disappointment with her character stems from unrealistic expectations.

That's fair enough, I guess. Still, I have the same sorts of expectations every time I play a game intended for kids. Why did Kreia rub me the wrong way while Atton didn't? Why was I happy with Mira? I'll own up that maybe this is simply a case of the character rubbing me the wrong way for whatever reason. I think they could have done better. It didn't need to be their chef d'oeuvre, but I felt let down by Kreia in ways I was not disappointed by other charactes in the same work.

On top of that, the writing was filled with technical errors. Kreia isn't an online persona in a message board. We make grammatical errors all the time. We post typos and our language is imperfect. Fine. I can live with that. Hell, if Kreia's dialogue sported a one off grammatical error or two, I wouldn't have noticed.
Granted, I'm not a native English speaker, but I'm replaying the game ATM (go go thievery!) and I think that technically her lines are fine. Can you provide a few examples?

Something like two or more years after the fact? No. If it comes down to citing references within the game, I'm afraid I'll have to pass. I don't even own it anymore and I'm not going to ask that my nephews (to whom I gave the game) return it to me by mail from out of state. I can tell you that it had grammatical errors that struck me at the time. Split infinitives and ending sentences with prepositions. That sort of stuff.

Hey, I'm not saying that you should not enjoy the character. I'm saying I didn't and that her dialogue detracted from my playing experience. That didn't stop it from being a great game.

I'm suprised actually, she was, for me, a strongpoint to both the game and the industry.

No other game has ever really used a 'hag' so prominantly nor so well.

YOU BETTER NOT GET THIS POST KILLED AGAIN ARCHITECT YOU FREAKING ARTARD!

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

"Besides, KOTOR characters had lots of different motivations besides brainwashing (or really corruption to be more accurate), the whole plot wasn't based on that."

Huh? No. Most of ME's characters had nothing to do with brainwashing. The main character surely didnt unlike KOTOR's main character. So, are arguing for or against KOTOR here? Everything you say negative about ME works tenfold for KOTOR. L0L

"No other game has ever really used a 'hag' so prominantly nor so well."

I'm gonna take this as sarcasm as I'm sure Mr. Am knows otherwise. :(

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Malak had a perfectly reasonable motivation, he wanted ultimate power. Saren's motivation I guess I can't talk about here, but either way you look at it it made no sense. Also as I said, KOTOR had no mind control, but of course as usual you ignore any argument you have no answer to.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Wrong. Then again, you love KOTOR which is so overrated it's not even funny. Espicially since that game's main character plot line is pushed through on brainwashing. LMAO

ME > KOTOR

R00fles!

ME < KOTOR

NWN < PoR2

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Yeah, jedi powers arn't all about mind control.

Wait, wait, this isn't the argument we're looking for.

So? Jedi mind control was a fun power to have, but it didn't have anything to do with anyone's motivation, force corruption did, but that's a perfectly good metaphor for why people get corrupted in real life.

Malak had a perfectly reasonable motivation, he wanted ultimate power. Saren's motivation I guess I can't talk about here, but either way you look at it it made no sense. Also as I said, KOTOR had no mind control, but of course as usual you ignore any argument you have no answer to.

*waves hand* KOTOR has no mind control.

Fortunately it works on the weak minded.